Will luck be back Thursday?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will he play Thursday?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to argue with you. Yes, the two are related but not the same from a medical diagnosis standpoint.

So you admit that you did say it was a partial dislocation or no?

Because thats all i said it was.  I never said it was a complete dislocation or made it out to be some season ending type of severity.

I think it is "should" he play or "could" he play. Our division is still weak and as bad as the Colts are playing they should still win the division. Sit him and let Hassleback get more reps and feel for the game. The Colts are very lucky to have a solid back up so polish him to make him even more effective. Now the Texans are back not knowing which QB to start. The Texans fans here are screaming bloody murder. You should have hear the post game talk radio after the game, I thought the censors would take the station off the air!! Houston is a baseball town.

Bull. Houston is and always will be a football city first. Hasselbeck is one of those older QBs like Collins who could get hurt facing off against Watt, Crick, and Clowney. I believe Andrew should rest too, but that's because I'm not sure how severe his injury is and it could easily get worse if he's hit too much. Plus there's another Super Important game coming up in New England that they'll need him for.

Bull. Houston is and always will be a football city first. Hasselbeck is one of those older QBs like Collins who could get hurt facing off against Watt, Crick, and Clowney. I believe Andrew should rest too, but that's because I'm not sure how severe his injury is and it could easily get worse if he's hit too much. Plus there's another Super Important game coming up in New England that they'll need him for.

You guys have your own QB problems to worry about down there in Houston.

Atlanta scored four rushing touchdowns against the Texans D.  Neither running backs were starters. Their linebackers stunk except for  Brian Cushing. The Falcons averaged 29 yards on kickoff returns. Arian Foster got 10 yards on 8 carries. Bryan Hoyer will start and he stinks like Mallett.   Why risk Luck against the Texans and JJ Watt? Stupid!!!!

Does anyone really think a couple lone posts regarding the health of a public figure like Andrew Luck and his health status about an ongoing injury isn't news? Of course, it is. Zibby43's posts do not go into what's called "summation of private knowledge" under the health care laws of this country. HIPPA or not. Luck is public figure. The laws include many variances across a wide latitude of many, many situations and subjects. Maybe there's gray area here. I don't know. Could be that Zibby43 has been given a green light to post status only and probable prognosis. He can speak for himself. I, for one, appreciate the updates if true.

Yep.  I only shared/confirmed what was already public knowledge.  Oh, and I did comment on some of the tinfoil hat conspiracies.

The only other purpose of my post(s) was to urge people to have faith/trust in an excellent orthopedic staff. 

It looks like at least one person totally misunderstood my post.

haha I'm glad somebody got the reference

I think if he doesn't play you guys probably win. I figured Hass would be good enough for 1 game against a bad team but not playing Andrew again is stretching it. Now if Andrew isn't healthy than we have no choice to play Hass again. If that happens you guys should be favored at home IMO.

I think if he doesn't play you guys probably win. I figured Hass would be good enough for 1 game against a bad team but not playing Andrew again is stretching it. Now if Andrew isn't healthy than we have no choice to play Hass again. If that happens you guys should be favored at home IMO.

Perhaps. I don't think we should be favored for anything anytime soon though after what happened on Sunday. I definitely agree we have a better chance to win if Andrew sits though, though I wonder if a gimpy Andrew playing is a better option than Hasselbeck.

Yes...The real question is will he figure out what short passing game is by Thursday and then learn to be more picky about the shots he takes. Hasselbeck did get sacked a couple times but I do hope Luck was paying attention. He could honestly learn from watching some of Matts decisions vs the Jags

With that said one of the 2 sacks given up by Thornton all of the receivers were covered and Matt should have scrambled, Nobody got separation on one of them. The other Davis just used his speed and beat Thornton out right but it was compounded by another D Lineman getting free as well for a half sack a piece

All I can say is I hope they *don't* play Luck on Thursday.  The Colts can beat the Texans with MH at QB.  We need Luck against NE, Den, Pitt, Atl etc.

Let Luck rest and get back to 100%.

I'm fine with Luck playing assuming that means there will be a heavy dose of Frank Gore, and high-percentage passes, as opposed to slow-developing 7-step drops vs JJ Watt & Co.

Perhaps. I don't think we should be favored for anything anytime soon though after what happened on Sunday. I definitely agree we have a better chance to win if Andrew sits though, though I wonder if a gimpy Andrew playing is a better option than Hasselbeck.

I would be willing to bet Matt is more gimpy than Andrew at this point. He is 40 years old, it was the first game he had played in years, and he took some pretty good shots on Sunday.

All I can say is I hope they *don't* play Luck on Thursday. The Colts can beat the Texans with MH at QB. We need Luck against NE, Den, Pitt, Atl etc.

Let Luck rest and get back to 100%.

I would bet andrew is closer to 100% than Matt is. 4 days rest for a 40 year old who hasn't played in a meaningful game in years

I would be willing to bet Matt is more gimpy than Andrew at this point. He is 40 years old, it was the first game he had played in years, and he took some pretty good shots on Sunday.

Good point. I read on here that he(Matt) is battling some kind of sickness right now too that set in after the Jacksonville game. But at least he will be able to throw the football without aggravating a shoulder injury or anything though.

Yes...The real question is will he figure out what short passing game is by Thursday and then learn to be more picky about the shots he takes. Hasselbeck did get sacked a couple times but I do hope Luck was paying attention. He could honestly learn from watching some of Matts decisions vs the Jags

With that said one of the 2 sacks given up by Thornton all of the receivers were covered and Matt should have scrambled, Nobody got separation on one of them. The other Davis just used his speed and beat Thornton out right but it was compounded by another D Lineman getting free as well for a half sack a piece

I read on twitter he was throwing screens in practice yesterday. Not sure if that means we plan on doing it more of if that's all they feel he could throw.

But yes he needs to throw way more short passes for sure.

I read on twitter he was throwing screens in practice yesterday. Not sure if that means we plan on doing it more of if that's all they feel he could throw.

But yes he needs to throw way more short passes for sure.

It just means he was practicing screens really, He is not very consistent at throwing them accurately

Yes...The real question is will he figure out what short passing game is by Thursday and then learn to be more picky about the shots he takes. Hasselbeck did get sacked a couple times but I do hope Luck was paying attention. He could honestly learn from watching some of Matts decisions vs the Jags

With that said one of the 2 sacks given up by Thornton all of the receivers were covered and Matt should have scrambled, Nobody got separation on one of them. The other Davis just used his speed and beat Thornton out right but it was compounded by another D Lineman getting free as well for a half sack a piece

With Pagano talking about needing to get chunk plays against the Houston D it sounds to me like we may be in for the Bruce Arians show again which I don't mind if its working. However if it isn't then they need to make the necessary adjustments, take the darn check downs and high percentage stuff to establish some rhythm.

I say this is all smoke and mirrors by the Colts.

Luck will be inactive.

then why cut the third QB who had less than one practice with your team rather then letting him continue to get familiure with the team? While I think there could be a setback they honestly think he will play.

I say this is all smoke and mirrors by the Colts.

Luck will be inactive.

he wouldn't have practiced and thrown.  you don't risk a shoulder that is bad like that.  since it's not as bad as reported, he is a go for Thursday but there are two half-days of practice left....it's still early.

I don't get how any thinks this team is a lock to beat another team right now. We need 3 missed field goals to beat the Jags. While Houston looks awful we all know one game they always get up for is when they play us.

With or without Luck this is no easy win

Agreed..Especially after an embarrassing loss to ATL, they'll be out for blood. On Primetime at Home no less. They'll have a chip on their shoulder.