Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We need bradshaw!

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

Many members of the forum have been saying this since the offseason. He doesn't have to be the guy now that Trent is gone so less chance at a freak injury. Given his age and injury history I see why we are not pursuing. However Gore having trouble catching out of the backfield and fumbling in the red zone and Robinson fumbling is not sustainable. I'd prefer Varga as second RB when he is healthy again.

This could very well happen. I remember there was a report a couple weeks ago that said if the Colts see their running back depth behind Gore struggle, then they might bring Bradshaw back. Well, clearly, Robinson is struggling so we'll see what happens. I would be happy to see them bring back Ahmad.

Bradshaw is a beast! one year contract him and Gore split carries with the rookies getting snaps here and there, I don't want to ever see a rookie getting important snaps in the first quarter again when we have a fully functional veteran workhorse

I thought he had to be on IR if we brought him back? So he could come back and play this year?

I dont know the rule exactly, but because he had a injury that wouldnt take long enough to cover the IR to return column he was waive injured and there was a injury settlement which means for the colts to sign him back, they have to wait 6 weeks  

I thought he had to be on IR if we brought him back? So he could come back and play this year?

Injury settlement means he can play for us again, but not until six weeks after the recovery timeline outlined in the injury settlement. None of us knows how long that recovery outline was, but if it were two weeks, then he can't play for the Colts for six weeks + two weeks. Again, just an example, as I don't know how long the injury settlement is for.

As I was watching this game. ... I came up with my own opinion that bradshaw + Gore= production. .. We should kick the tires for sure

I am so annoyed at you for saying EXACTLY what I wanted to come here and say but you beat me to it! 

All game my thoughts were "Bradshaw is just sitting out there and we bring Zurlon Tipton back.... wth..."  And that was BEFORE Gore tried to lose a second game for us by fumbling on the goal line.  

Gore is washed up.  Against a decent Defense he's useless.... dropped passes, very little yardage....  and even his one good carry all day at the end of that game, it wasn't really needed at that point, we were already well within FG range.  Any other team would bench a RB for two fumbles in 3 games... let alone 2 at the goal line.... but who do we have to back him up?  Another weak player you can't rely on who has also fumbled.  So why not bring in an established Vet with fresh legs and who is healthy, even if he only lasts 5 games, who care?  That might be the difference between 1 or 2 more wins/losses!  I know we are stuck with Gore, but why not bring on some back up we can rely on? PLEASE.  

PS: If they hadn't missed those last 2 field goals, I would have called for Pagano's head.  You don't risk a practice try on a long long field goal.  The only good thing I will admit is that after missing 2, he overcorrect even from closer and to the left instead of right hash mark to miss the 3rd in a row.  

All in all, Hasselbeck played well.   The defense played okay (let's remember this is the awful Jaguars).  The O-Line is still pitiful.  Hasselbeck gets the ball out twice as fast as Luck it appeared, albeit to short routes usually.  Perhaps Luck needs to the same until he's healthy.  New England has lived on short catches with long YAC for nearly 2 decades. 

I really like Forte, but uhh, let's not trade a pick for a 30 year old RB. Reports say it would take a 2nd or 3rd rounder. At that price, no thanks.

Forte is actually historically a terrible goal line back as well. Yes he is a fantastic player and insanely productive but he is not a good goal line back.