Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Confirmed: Luck injured throwing shoulder

csmopar

My opinion at the time and to this day is that Grigsons worst pick was his 2nd (Fleener). We had the opportunity to nab Cordy Glenn, but we passed on him and other talented lineman to get Lucks Stanford bud. Fleener would have probably went in the 3rd had we not taken him, and even that would be too high.

I personally loved the Allen pick but he has not panned out like i thought he would. Injuries are hard to predict.

I'm not real upset with any pick. I think they were all well reasoned at the time. I'm playing with the forum a bit when it seems to exclude several players from the whole picture.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll trust Luck and Pagano saying they expect him to play. 

They just reported again that Luck will be listed as questionable on Friday's injury report.  You're not arguing with me, you're arguing with them because what I just said is factual.  ESPN hopefully is wrong, but if they aren't we could be in trouble as Hasselbeck looked terrible all pre-season.  

FYI, the Colts spent the 5 lowest amount of money on the O-line since Luck has been in the league.  What a shocker! (not). 

I see him as probable in the game HQ on espn.com

http://espn.go.com/nfl/game?gameId=400791671

They just reported on NFL Insiders that Luck will be listed as Questionable on Friday's injury report. They have spent the first 5 minutes of the telecast talking about it.   As I said to the last guy, the Colts spent the 5th least amount of money according to ESPN in the league since Luck has been around.  Grigson's fault 100%.  But Pagano will take the fall and he seems to know it.   We ALL hope Luck plays and never misses a game, but right now I am awfully glad we're playing the second worst team on our schedule (behind the Bucs) this week.  

They just reported again that Luck will be listed as questionable on Friday's injury report.  You're not arguing with me, you're arguing with them because what I just said is factual.  ESPN hopefully is wrong, but if they aren't we could be in trouble as Hasselbeck looked terrible all pre-season.  

FYI, the Colts spent the 5 lowest amount of money on the O-line since Luck has been in the league.  What a shocker! (not). 

I am not arguing with anyone.  I just said I would go with Luck and Pagano who at that point said they expect him to play.  Things can change.  Still I wouldn't get too worried until the Colts sign another QB to the active roster(not just the practice squad).  If Luck can't go there is no way they go into that game with just one QB on the roster in Hasselback. That might be the most tell tell sign of Luck's status going into Sunday. 

I am not arguing with anyone.  I just said I would go with Luck and Pagano who at that point said they expect him to play.  Things can change.  Still I wouldn't get too worried until the Colts sign another QB to the active roster(not just the practice squad).  If Luck can't go there is no way they go into that game with just one QB on the roster in Hasselback. That might be the most tell tell sign of Luck's status going into Sunday. 

I think one of two things happen in that regard: 

1. Luck gives it a try and if he can't do it, in comes Hasselbeck.  

2. Hasselbeck starts and Luck only comes in in an emergency.  

Who is our emergency QB? I am sure they'll get a little coaching this week no matter what.  

Not for nothing...but Tony Romo was injured playing behind what is arguably the best offensive line in the NFL. I'm not absolving Grisgon of all blame...but injuries happen. To a lot of teams. Yes he needs better protection. But the staff needs to adjust the game plan so he isn't getting hit as much. And Luck himself needs to stop holding on to the ball so long. Use your dump offs and check downs

Good point. Tony Romo has the best wall of protection any team would want & no one in Dallas is calling for Jason Garret's head right now are they? 

This won't be a popular post,  but that's OK.....     but this needs to be said.

The Colts could've invested 5 first round draft picks on the OL and Andrew Luck STILL could get hurt.

Stuff happens.

It's the nature of the position.    Quarterbacks get hurt.    Doubt there's ever been one in the history of the game that didn't get hurt to one extent or another.

The NFL is a violent game.    Players and especially quarterbacks get hurt.    That's why the NFL has spent the last 15-20 years trying to come up with rules to protect the QB better.

I'm not saying Girgson is guilt free here.   This is not a Get Out Of Jail Free card.

This is just some needed perspective for the torches and pitch forks crowd........      Slow your roll.......

Just sayin......

Yes, even I can't refute that sound reasoning either. A valid point. 

Careful now... people

Let's not get into the doings of other forums, please.  Please leave their business in their house.  Thank you.

I agree 100% CBFL. The NE fans who routinely visit this site I have profound respect for: AMF, VL, Yehoodi, IWF, Flying Elvis, SnowGlobe, & a few others who's user names I can't remember right now. Not all Foxboro fans are unpleasant. Let's kindly refrain from sweeping franchise character assassination shall we? Thank you. Very well said. 

There's no arguing the number of hits Luck has taken....which is why I also pointed out Grigson's selections/signings, and a level of development of these selections that seemingly has Luck under constant pressure.

There is no one reason or silver bullet solution....but all of those factors need to be improved upon.

However....there still is a risk factor that any way we slice it, has these QBs in the cross hairs of some big, fast, nasty defenders. And for all their well-deserved accolades....the Dallas O-line couldn't keep Romo from getting whacked again.

It can happen to any QB....we just gotta hope its not our guy on the IR.

Exactly PAC56. Now, is not the time to demand a complete overhaul at both the HC & GM positions. Let's play out the season, make adjustments, & whatever happens after the playoffs INDY will deal with it then. It's way to early to shake things up right now. 

Who is our emergency QB? I am sure they'll get a little coaching this week no matter what.

Not 100% but i think Pats the emergency QB...

Pat McAfee right now, that's why I wouldn't worry too much until they sign another one to the active roster.  If the Colts honestly don't think Luck can go Sunday they almost have to sign a third QB to the active roster before gametime on Sunday.  That could come as late as Sunday morning though.  So wait and see but honestly that's probably going to be the most telling sign about Luck's status for Sunday. 

I'm not happy about this reality either JPF, but maybe if Luck can't play this week or god forbid this injury takes Luck out of the lineup for an extended period of time maybe then & only then, Irsay will demand we better start drafting superior power pigs up front. Naturally, I never want to see Andrew out of the starting rotation because a crisis tends to force a franchise to stop ignoring it's most glaring void any longer. If this is what provokes change, so be it. I'm all for it. 

Pat McAfee right now, that's why I wouldn't worry too much until they sign another one to the active roster.  If the Colts honestly don't think Luck can go Sunday they almost have to sign a third QB to the active roster before gametime on Sunday.  That could come as late as Sunday morning though.  So wait and see but honestly that's probably going to be the most telling sign about Luck's status for Sunday. 

They have a 3rd QB. Alex Tanney........Does that mean that's an ideal situation? Obviously not......Massive cut down of the playbook would have to take place (Though quite honestly I have no faith Pep would do that and that we would probably go into the game with the game plan as if Luck was in the game...shocking but I would not be the least bit surprised)....But ya don't put your Punter in the game and seriously increase the chances he gets injured and then ya end up having to replace him to.

Ya put Tanney in the game and keep it simple and ya take the butt kickin that would sure come...But all that's if both Matt and Luck cant go (Though I would hope Pep would scale back some of the playbook for Matt to)

They have a 3rd QB. Alex Tanney........Does that mean that's an ideal situation? Obviously not......Massive cut down of the playbook would have to take place (Though quite honestly I have no faith Pep would do that and that we would probably go into the game with the game plan as if Luck was in the game...shocking but I would not be the least bit surprised)....But ya don't put your Punter in the game and seriously increase the chances he gets injured and then ya end up having to replace him to.

Ya put Tanney in the game and keep it simple and ya take the butt kickin that would sure come...But all that's if both Matt and Luck cant go (Though I would hope Pep would scale back some of the playbook for Matt to)

Tanney is on the practice squad. Until he's moved up to the main roster (which could happen and might not happen until Sunday) then I wouldn't worry too much.

Since he's on the PS he can't play in a game which is why McAfee is currently the emergency third QB. If Luck truly can't go Sunday they will put Tanney on the active roster as they will not go into the game with McAfee as the second option at QB. If Luck can't go Sunday and Tanney is the back up McAfee might very well still be the emergency QB depending on if they dress Luck or not.

Ya put Tanney in the game and keep it simple and ya take the butt kickin that would sure come...But all that's if both Matt and Luck cant go (Though I would hope Pep would scale back some of the playbook for Matt to)

True Gavin, but Pat McAfee does have a keen ability of knowing just when to fake a punt & run with nice getty up and go pony speed & he threw a beautiful pass in that game against Dallas last season. Just joking of course. Pat can do anything. Run, tackle, kick, throw, & deliver a zinger on the sidelines for comic relief for locker room solidarity. 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: He's the primary holder during Adam Vinatieri's field goal kicks too. The only thing Pat doesn't do for the Colts is mop the floors & reset dislocated fingers in the athletic trainer's office. 

Luck has a hurt shoulder no matter if he plays or not.  Defense of J-Ville obviously knows this.  They will come after him and his shoulder no matter what anyone says of morals ethics or intentions, that's the way it works in the NFL.  An extra pound into the ground of a shoulder blade and he's "Romo'ed".  Our O-line needs to step up Sunday and prevent him from getting hurt.  Will this cause more penalties, YES.... we should expect quite a few penalties Sunday, and yes, it's aggravating for sure. As many or more than in the Titans game unless pressure is non-existent, which is doubtful with our O-line.

Am I the only one who thinks that Pat going under center would hilarious. Bring some needed comedy relief to the whole situation. Would Probably try a Bert Jones and tuck the football under his jersey. haha

Heck, the point of football is entertainment right? That would be pretty entertaining in my book! :P

Am I the only one who thinks that Pat going under center would hilarious. Bring some needed comedy relief to the whole situation. Would Probably try a Bert Jones and tuck the football under his jersey. haha

100% agreed, Pat playing QB would make the season, & no better game than the jags at home....

I don't ever want to see anyone get fired. It's hit or miss on picks. You never know who works out. Luck needs to get the football out of his hands faster. If he is going to run out of the pocket he needs to make the decision faster. He knows what he has in front of him. Each of the offensive lineman's strength and weaknesses. Pep needs to find better plays to get our WR's open as quickly as they can. A four WR set to start the game is a start

Is there a bond between Luck and Pagano that they would join together against the GM. I am asking not suggesting.

well the best thing Pagano can do for his future career regardless of if its here or else where is win games now. The best way to do that is have Luck at QB. So I would say no.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 1h1 hour ago

The #Colts did tests on Andrew Luck’s throwing shoulder. They found no structural damage. And you know Luck is driving hard to be out there.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 3h3 hours ago

Colts QB Andrew Luck underwent an MRI on his right shoulder this week that revealed a bruise, per league sources. Questionable today, but...

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 3h3 hours ago

Even with MRI on Andrew Luck's shoulder revealing a bruise, one source said about QB's status for today, "it is trending the right way."