Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reaction thread: Fire all the coaches and the GM (merge)

SilentHill

As I said Luck has been bad ... but, between the OL letting him get hammered and the WRs not getting separation a so/so game from any QB will become a horrible game.  He has to work within the game plan devised by the coaches, and even if he audibles he is still audibling to one of Pep's horrid plays.  He had certain things that were apparent early that looked like they may meed to be coached or tweaked that would be Pagano or Grigson/FO responsibility to realize and bring in a QB guru to help him work on some things Clyde Christensen definitely isn't that guy. 

So I definitely don't give Luck a pass ... But, he is way down toward the bottom on the list of problems IMO.

Clyde isn't the guy, that's for sure.

But Luck missed open receivers with no pressure. He didn't see other wide open receivers at times. The receivers weren't getting a lot of separation, but Luck missed a lot of opportunities. 

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said Luck has been bad ... but, between the OL letting him get hammered and the WRs not getting separation a so/so game from any QB will become a horrible game.  He has to work within the game plan devised by the coaches, and even if he audibles he is still audibling to one of Pep's horrid plays.  He had certain things that were apparent early that looked like they may meed to be coached or tweaked that would be Pagano or Grigson/FO responsibility to realize and bring in a QB guru to help him work on some things Clyde Christensen definitely isn't that guy. 

So I definitely don't give Luck a pass ... But, he is way down toward the bottom on the list of problems IMO.

Don't forget about the spectacular field position Luck always seems to start with and the offensive line penalties that constantly back them up.

It's obvious, fire them now. I don't care. Take your pep loving somewhere else.

My Pep loving?

I just started a thread that called for him to be fired!    Tomorrow!!     Hello?!?

And you better come up with a better answer, because you just gave the wrong answer.    Who runs the ship if everyone is fired tomorrow?!?     That's the reaction of an angry fan.    It's not the reaction of someone who understands what is going on now.

The man was open. Luck missed him.

What a joke. I'm sick of hearing that the Colts started 0 and 2 last season... In the sport of football we don't live in the past. It's what you can do for us NOW! I have seen high school teams play better than the Colts. I love the team, but what a joke! Mr. Irsay you better fix this situation fast!

But Luck missed open receivers with no pressure. He didn't see other wide open receivers at times. The receivers weren't getting a lot of separation, but Luck missed a lot of opportunities. 

I imagine a lot of the bad throws are because he is expecting pressures and he ends up forcing/rushing it

My Pep loving?

I just started a thread that called for him to be fired!    Tomorrow!!     Hello?!?

And you better come up with a better answer, because you just gave the wrong answer.    Who runs the ship if everyone is fired tomorrow?!?     That's the reaction of an angry fan.    It's not the reaction of someone who understands what is going on now.

I'll do it, can't be any worse than what we got now.

What are you talking about? You left your statement wide open, completely unanswered.

It's up to you to answer it. There's nothing to stop. This is what happens when you're trying to make a point -- and fail.

He's not trying to make a point. Theres a tantrum brewing up inside of him the likes of which this forum never has seen! :)

I agree he missed some opportunities I am in no way saying he had a good game; it was definitely bad.  But at some point the bad situation the the coaches put him in and being constantly hit has to mess with a QBs internal clock ... we are lucky he didn't already end up with "David Carr Syndrome".   

The ball placement issues he has at times even when not under duress is one of the main things I was referring to when I said Coaches/Management should have had a top notch QB coach in here long ago to help him work on some mechanics and decision making ... They are basically making him take a self study/online course from horrible professors. 

I agree he missed some opportunities I am in no way saying he had a good game; it was definitely bad.  But at some point the bad situation the the coaches put him in and being constantly hit has to mess with a QBs internal clock ... we are lucky he didn't already end up with "David Carr Syndrome".   

The ball placement issues he has at times even when not under duress is one of the main things I was referring to when I said Coaches/Management should have had a top notch QB coach in here long ago to help him work on some mechanics and decision making ... They are basically making him take a self study/online course from horrible professors. 

Meh. He was bad last week, too, and he wasn't getting hit. I hesitate to say that, because the protection had a lot more breakdowns this week, but there's a difference between being unable to perform because of pressure and hearing footsteps. 

I agree. Players regressing and penalties are a reflection of coaching.

Tony Dungy had the lowest penalties in the league, but we have regressed.  We killed ourselves with penalties.  Pagano needs to learn that lesson from Dungy, and Grigson needs to get players who don't make those stupid mistakes.  Understandable in high school, but inexcusable at NFL salaries.

Everything about Pagano and Grigson is so cliche, in my opinion.  It's like everything they do needs to have some story or cliche saying behind it.  Grigson wrote a note on his desk that says "Protect 12" and has left it on there as a reminder to get Luck some protection.  How stupidly cliche is that?  Do you really need a note to remind you of that?  Just do your job without all this childish nonsense.

Then there's Pagano and all his great sayings.  Chop wood.  Iron sharpens iron.  You have to have some freakin' grit.  There is no quit in this team.  Bowling ball of butcher knives.

Everything about Pagano and Grigson is so cliche, in my opinion.  It's like everything they do needs to have some story or cliche saying behind it.  Grigson wrote a note on his desk that says "Protect 12" and has left it on there as a reminder to get Luck some protection.  How stupidly cliche is that?  Do you really need a note to remind you of that?  Just do your job without all this childish nonsense.

Then there's Pagano and all his great sayings.  Chop wood.  Iron sharpens iron.  You have to have some freakin' grit.  There is no quit in this team.  Bowling ball of butcher knives.

They need to listen to metal music and read Corey Taylor's books. That'll expand the vocabulary.

Meh. He was bad last week, too, and he wasn't getting hit. I hesitate to say that, because the protection had a lot more breakdowns this week, but there's a difference between being unable to perform because of pressure and hearing footsteps.

Grigson David Carr'd him.

Uh... sorry but I am not so sure we will be beating anyone, including a much improved Jacksonville and Tennessee, let alone Houston.  Frankly, we may see a losing record win the division and it might not be us.  New England is going to beat us 60-7. 

if it doesn't happen sooner, I'm thinking someone gets fired for sure after we play New England.  Right now it looks like they will crush us.  And Belichick and Brady would love to run up the score for some payback for deflategate.

if it doesn't happen sooner, I'm thinking someone gets fired for sure after we play New England.  Right now it looks like they will crush us.  And Belichick and Brady would love to run up the score for some payback for deflategate.

The only thing that will slow down New England from scoring 100 is fear of injury on their side.  

Although they weren't as horrible as I thought they would be I didn't think the OL was all that good last week either and the receivers weren't getting any kind of separation ... I think he is starting to hear footsteps ... combine that with almost always feeling like he has to make something happen/carry the team and you have a bad recipe.  A recipe that I think will ruin him eventually if they don't get it under control.