Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts to sign RB Monte Ball

TKnight24

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why some of you guys don't like this move. Its literally a no risk move considering it'll be a low dollar contract. And if he plays well we have a good young back to pair with Gore. Its zero risk with a potentially pretty high reward. So it cant possibly hurt anything. You know unless we cut Varga and he goes to New England and rushes for 1,200yrds, 5.0YPC, and 8TD's LOL.

he was cut from the Broncos for a reason. We dont need another Trent Richardson 2.0 killing the vibe of the offense.

What's the hard part?

Both guys were injured.   Boom was going to miss time and we didn't want to carry him on the roster when he couldn't produce.

And Vick was constantly getting hurt.

How hard was that?

And besides,  you're argument was about Monte Ball and now you're asking about two other guys cut over a week ago.

Either way,  your question got answered and it wasn't hard.

Never had a question about Ball. I made a statement. Boom was injured but it's likely to be only a four week injury. You get 8 inactives on game day anyways, so had they just call Ballard to get down to 53 it would have been the same scenario that they're in now. 3 running backs on the game day active roster. (the way it was week 1 and the way it will be tomorrow) Now, they have little to no chance of signing Boom Herron back and Ballard is gone as well. Throwing away an asset for nothing is what a competent individual would call mismanagement. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing you of being a competent individual with football knowledge, I'm just explaining to you the rationale of someone who is.

hello NCF, Im just curious why you think the number of post matter in any of this. I have been on this site several times a day for years,(I post occasionally but not much), all the way back to when Phil was on here and would do those great breakdowns on players and games.  It was awesome, anyway, I have looked forward to your posts and responses everyday as you always have great insights that I enjoy reading, don't always agree,but you were always so gracious. Lately though you seem to be taking on an air that is a little arrogant like some of these old time posters that try to runoff or insult new posters. Did something happen, what's making you respond this way now? I ask this with the utmost respect cause I have been noticing this more and more. If you go and look at some of your early post and then some of these lately you will see what I mean .Anyway hope to read more good stuff from you!!!

I'm sorry that my tone lately has not been very pleasant.    I find myself incredibly frustrated,  both with the state of the team and with the posters here.    Even worse,  I fear this is going to be along difficult year for everyone.    The franchise and the fans.   Even if we win 12 games,  advance to the AFCCG before losing to New England,  I think the journey this year will not be a fun ride.

And I think the Pagano lame-duck status is what is hanging over the entire franchise.

I typically enjoy visiting the site,  but the threads now have such a silly, foolish,  ridiculous and nonsensical tone to them that it's very difficult to take much of this seriously.    But I'm going to have to do much better.    Your comment is noted and appreciated.

As for my new best friend, "Realtor"....   I think he's made a series of ridiculous posts in this thread,  not just to me,  but to other posters as well.    You are correct,  the number of posts makes no difference.   But I honestly thought he was knew.   I've only noticed his posts recently.    So, I was surprised that he's been a member since 2011.    I would've thought he'd read enough to get some sense of the posting community, but apparently not.

I think he's got a Bull in a China shop approach and I don't think it will work well for him,  not as a new poster, which he basically is.    You can throw your weight around when you make a post and a large number of people agree with you,  or don't disagree with you.    But it's hard to do that when almost no one is agreeing with you,  and I think that's where "Realtor" finds himself.

So,  this being our first exchange (at least,  that I'm aware of)  I'll take your comments to heart and try to do better.   But this year is not going to be easy......    not for anyone......

I'm sorry that my tone lately has not been very pleasant.    I find myself incredibly frustrated,  both with the state of the team and with the posters here.    Even worse,  I fear this is going to be along difficult year for everyone.    The franchise and the fans.   Even if we win 12 games,  advance to the AFCCG before losing to New England,  I think the journey this year will not be a fun ride.

And I think the Pagano lame-duck status is what is hanging over the entire franchise.

I typically enjoy visiting the site,  but the threads now have such a silly, foolish,  ridiculous and nonsensical tone to them that it's very difficult to take much of this seriously.    But I'm going to have to do much better.    Your comment is noted and appreciated.

As for my new best friend, "Realtor"....   I think he's made a series of ridiculous posts in this thread,  not just to me,  but to other posters as well.    You are correct,  the number of posts makes no difference.   But I honestly thought he was knew.   I've only noticed his posts recently.    So, I was surprised that he's been a member since 2011.    I would've thought he'd read enough to get some sense of the posting community, but apparently not.

I think he's got a Bull in a China shop approach and I don't think it will work well for him,  not as a new poster, which he basically is.    You can throw your weight around when you make a post and a large number of people agree with you,  or don't disagree with you.    But it's hard to do that when almost no one is agreeing with you,  and I think that's where "Realtor" finds himself.

So,  this being our first exchange (at least,  that I'm aware of)  I'll take your comments to heart and try to do better.   But this year is not going to be easy......    not for anyone......

Here is the thing though......I really think if Irsay thought Pagano was the guy he would have gotten more then that 1 year offer, I mean you don't offer a HC a 1 year deal (Unless perhaps he is up in age and closer to retirement) if you have no doubts Pagano is the answer at HC going forward.....For the record I think Pagano has improved as a HC to some degree and will get better but in the past he has been reluctant to make some personnel decisions in my opinion and has mismanaged game situations at certain points...I think it can be argued game 1 vs the Bills is 1 of those times...What I mean by that is if your a HC I don't think you allow your OC to only run the ball 7 times by halftime or allow Pep to only target his TE's 7 times in 49 pass attempts.

I mean honestly most Linebackers don't cover well, That's basic football sense...Some do...Many don't...The Bills Linebackers are not the exception, Did we try to take advantage of them over the middle? Yes......A little.....But you don't take advantage of a teams weakness a little....you keep going to it and going to it and going to it until they show they can stop it a couple times(Not just once)

You can throw your weight around when you make a post and a large number of people agree with you,  or don't disagree with you.    But it's hard to do that when almost no one is agreeing with you,  and I think that's where "Realtor" finds himself.

Like 29, I will say that I also enjoy reading the majority of your posts and have found you to be a great contributor to this forum, but that being said I have to take exception to this part of this post.

This forum isn't a popularity contest, so whether a poster finds him/herself with a lot of likes or at the very least not many "unlikes" should be irrelevant.

I can understand you taking exception to the tone or even the content of their posts, that's understandable, not everybody is going to like everything, but to say he/she can have a little more free reign to "throw their weight around" just because somebody(ies) likes them or their general posts more than others is just a poor way to look at how this forum should work, that's just my opinion of course.

I'm not saying this because I back his posts or stance on things, because I don't necessarily agree with a lot of them, but I do agree that this forum (outside of blatant trolling or name calling) should be a place where unpopular posters can voice their opinion too.

Keep up the great work though, like I said I do appreciate what you've brought to the forum.

Ummm... maybe I am missing something but has anyone seen anything that even confirms that the Colts are considering signing Ball at this point or is it all based on what Ball told his friends? 

How about we hold off on the histrionics until the move is actually made... if in fact it is.

I don't know much about Ball other than he seemed to have a decent run with the Broncos a couple years back.  I am sure the Colts are looking at several options at RB given that we have lost 2 already to the IR.  Does anyone really want to see Tipton brought up from the PS again??? 

Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't... Maybe all you sofa GMs need to cool it on the Mt. Dew Code Red and sugary cereals.  Not healthy for the old ticker.

I guess im missing something here, Is Gore injured or something? this move isn't making much sense to me right now. I mean Varga showed the ability to pound the rock effectively and then there is still Josh Robinson who is a bruiser. Why the need for Ball? does the FO not have faith in Varga or Robinson?

I guess im missing something here, Is Gore injured or something? this move isn't making much sense to me right now. I mean Varga showed the ability to pound the rock effectively and then there is still Josh Robinson who is a bruiser. Why the need for Ball? does the FO not have faith in Varga or Robinson?

I don't know but I'll believe it when I see it. Too many rumors floating around lately. Becoming super annoying.

Here is why they may be looking to sign Ball or any RB(Its still just a rumor at this point put out by Mile High reporter Will Peterson) :

Dorsett will be asked to play a bigger role if Hilton is out, Moncrief would be the #2 WR, Dorsett is our PR currently but he would see more offensive snaps because we obviously go 3 wide a lot

Now Varga can return BOTH Kick and Punts IF Ball is brought in to be our 3rd RB(Who as our #3 rb would likely not see any offensive snaps in an ideal world given he don't know the playbook or tendencies of the O Line), Then when Hilton is back (If he even misses any time) you release Ball, return Dorsett to his Returner role and Moncrief to the 3rd WR

Like 29, I will say that I also enjoy reading the majority of your posts and have found you to be a great contributor to this forum, but that being said I have to take exception to this part of this post.

This forum isn't a popularity contest, so whether a poster finds him/herself with a lot of likes or at the very least not many "unlikes" should be irrelevant.

I can understand you taking exception to the tone or even the content of their posts, that's understandable, not everybody is going to like everything, but to say he/she can have a little more free reign to "throw their weight around" just because somebody(ies) likes them or their general posts more than others is just a poor way to look at how this forum should work, that's just my opinion of course.

I'm not saying this because I back his posts or stance on things, because I don't necessarily agree with a lot of them, but I do agree that this forum (outside of blatant trolling or name calling) should be a place where unpopular posters can voice their opinion too.

Keep up the great work though, like I said I do appreciate what you've brought to the forum.

Blue....

If you look again at my post,  I didn't mention "likes"....    not once.    But the point of view have to be respected and accepted.

I don't see that at all with "Realtor"...     He's getting a lot of push-back,   and I don't this his posts are getting much respect.

That makes throwing your weight around much harder to do,  IMO.

"Likes" don't hurt,  but you have to have a good level of support to throw your weight around like "Realtor" does.    And I don't see it.     Not yet, at least.

Here is why they may be looking to sign Ball or any RB(Its still just a rumor at this point put out by Mile High reporter Will Peterson) :

Dorsett will be asked to play a bigger role if Hilton is out, Moncrief would be the #2 WR, Dorsett is our PR currently but he would see more offensive snaps because we obviously go 3 wide a lot

Now Varga can return BOTH Kick and Punts IF Ball is brought in to be our 3rd RB(Who as our #3 rb would likely not see any offensive snaps in an ideal world given he don't know the playbook or tendencies of the O Line), Then when Hilton is back (If he even misses any time) you release Ball, return Dorsett to his Returner role and Moncrief to the 3rd WR

Since when has Varga returned punts?

I don't remember that one.  Now I think Varga has shown to be a capable kick returner, but I think they'd turn to Griff Whalen before they put Varga at PR for a full game. Could be wrong, but I'm wondering if they just planned on carrying 4 backs the whole season regardless?  Also wondering if they may see anything in Ball that is similar to Vick Ballard with a tweak here or there?  Honestly I can't say what they have in mind.

Blue....

If you look again at my post,  I didn't mention "likes"....    not once.    But the point of view have to be respected and accepted.

I don't see that at all with "Realtor"...     He's getting a lot of push-back,   and I don't this his posts are getting much respect.

That makes throwing your weight around much harder to do,  IMO.

"Likes" don't hurt,  but you have to have a good level of support to throw your weight around like "Realtor" does.    And I don't see it.     Not yet, at least.

I gotcha, I substituted like for your use of agree.  They aren't the same so for that I apologize for the somewhat twisting of your words.

I gotcha, I substituted like for your use of agree.  They aren't the same so for that I apologize for the somewhat twisting of your words.

No need to apologize,  but I do appreciate the thought....

I didn't think you were twisting my words....   on an internet fan message board,  these kind of things happen all the time --  I do it too. 

Hopefully,  the Colts get a big win tonight and everyone and everything is cool tomorrow.     A win would go a long way toward making things right.......

Thanks again......

Thank you, for understanding where I was coming from and not ripping my headoff. I figured it was frustration, but I thought I would ask respectfully because sometimes you can get in so deep on things that you lose your bearings. It didn't seem like you! Again,I probably won't post much, but I hope read many more inciteful posts  from you! Go Colts

Why is Buffalo's defense Rex Ryan's defense?  Why were the Colts defense Dungy's defense?  Why were the Steeler's Lebeaux's defense and not Tomlin's defense or The Chin's defense?  On that same vein, nobody claims our defense today. It's not Pagano's or Manuskys.  My point is that possibly the wrong people get the blame/credit sometimes.