Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets prediction thread

backshoulderfade

Its already Wednesday and we don't have a prediction thread for Monday! Madness. Anyway, lets kick it off.

We need to look after the football, like that other AFC East team I feel they are much improved over the offseason and could present us with a challenge.

I say we squeak one out, 24-20 with a 4th quarter touchdown run by Gore in the 4 minute offense.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one I fully expect for us to pull out a win.  Certainly not saying we will be blowing them out, but I think we'll be more on our Ps and Qs in this one.  I'm expecting a sharp game execution wise and I'll be shocked if we don't run the ball more this time.  This one may be more like the Baltimore game from last year.  It's going to be a hard one but I think we'll get it .

1.I predict by Sunday Frank will have introduced himself to Andrew Luck

2.I predict by Sunday Coby Fleener will have RE-Introduced himself to Andrew....Hi my name is Coby....We played together at Stanford...I caught a lot of your passes at Stanford...I can do the same for you as a Colt if you just PASS ME THE FREAKIN FOOTBALL!!

3.I predict Henry Anderson will have 2 TFL's and get his first sack

4.I predict Billy Wynn will play a few defensive snaps

5.I predict Phillip Dorsett will have a big game at WR with Hilton being out

Oh....Forgot two......

6.I predict Jerrell Freeman will look up the word over-pursuit and decide NOT to do that vs the Jets

7.I predict Jerrell Freeman will share that word with D'Qwell Jackson and D'Qwell Jackson will also agree that its best not to do that vs the Jets

The only thing I can predict is...the Colts play the Jets at 8:30 with the roof closed and...

Said roof will blow off when number 98 runs onto the field.  Crowd will be pumped!!!!!!!!!! :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is he for sure playing?  Or is this your prediction?  I hope you are right, I am going to be there and I want to see Robert and I also want to see the place go nuts! :D

Solid win for the Colts 31 -24 as the offense gets back on track.  A late Jets TD makes the score closer than it looks.  I expect Luck to bounce back from his poor performance.  I think Pep will talk to him about spreading the ball around better than in Buffalo and getting Andre Johnson involved.

Is he for sure playing?  Or is this your prediction?  I hope you are right, I am going to be there and I want to see Robert and I also want to see the place go nuts! :D

I believe there is NO WAY Mathis is not dressed for the home opener on Monday Night Football....it is meant to be!!!!!!!!  He will see his first action to bring the house down...and the roof off.

35-14 Jets.  Lets be realistic here, the colts haven't shown us anything to be excited about, but maybe a little improvement in the run game.  The only thing the we have going for us is Richardson and Cromartie is OUT. 

I'm hope I'm wrong about this pick.  

If Hilton is out than we're pretty much screwed, unless Dorsett and Moncrief can surprise us.

Gore Averaging 3.9 last game isn't too bad, but we need to run the ball.

24-21 Jets (homer)

Hey all glad you finally made this thread! We're at 9 pages already over on my end. But I am excited for this game. Scared to see an re-bound Luck but if T.Y. is out, it will help. Cromartie being out will hopefully not be to much of a problem, don't sleep on Marcus Williams! I think if we can get continuous pressure and control the running game with Ivory/Powell it will be a close one. This will be my first Jets game and my friends first colts game, so there's already alot of excitement for this game. Hope it's an exciting game! 

Also, anywhere on these boards to talk gameday or things to do? Iv'e heard Lucas Oil and Colts fan's are top 3 in the country year after year! Good luck, Cheers!

24-10 Jets. Although I hope I'm wrong and we win. I need to see the ability to beat a team like the Jets before I predict a win over them.

Man, if anything close to that happens and if we lose, I don't see a recovery from 0-2 with games vs Saints, Broncos and Patriots to come. It might be that one down season that Peyton and "playoffs, don't talk to me about playoffs" Jim Mora had. It also allowed us to land Dwight Freeney with a good draft position though. Too early to talk that right now.

24-21 Jets (homer)

Hey all glad you finally made this thread! We're at 9 pages already over on my end. But I am excited for this game. Scared to see an re-bound Luck but if T.Y. is out, it will help. Cromartie being out will hopefully not be to much of a problem, don't sleep on Marcus Williams! I think if we can get continuous pressure and control the running game with Ivory/Powell it will be a close one. This will be my first Jets game and my friends first colts game, so there's already alot of excitement for this game. Hope it's an exciting game! 

Also, anywhere on these boards to talk gameday or things to do? Iv'e heard Lucas Oil and Colts fan's are top 3 in the country year after year! Good luck, Cheers!

We'll have a moderated game day thread. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they whipped out Geno Smith just for a little oomph in the down field passing game.   Not sure if I should laugh or be mildly concerned?  Anyways I've already taken Monday off so I can watch the Horse Shoe.  I'm very excited to see the return of Robert Mathis.   Chuck you better make sure the Great One is on the field!

Says common sense lol. If he plays he's not gonna be 100%

Average timetable is 1-2 games. So they can send him out there, just brace yourself if it's made worse. We can sit him, but this coaching staff who knows

Common sense says you don't play with any number of injuries people get in football.  It was a bruise with no structural damage.

Two wishes. One, special teams aren't a liability, an embarrasment. Two, someone on defense makes a play. Someone, anyone makes a game changing play. Impossible to win a championship without a little help from your defense.

If those two things happen, we win.