Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm starting to think Luck is overrated

Pacergeek

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone is forgetting that it's still a TEAM sport, every player out there benefits off one another. How many different starting offensive lineman have we had? How many hits does luck take? Luck can't do everything himself, the talent in the receiving core is there but it seems like Pep has no idea how to use them. That being some somebody needs to light a fire under these players and that someone needs to be Pagano. Pagano walks around like a scared puppy when bad things happen....

Luck can't do it all by himself but when you have a qb that thinks they have to carry the team on their shoulders and make things happen - you will have a qb that will take risks they shouldn't take (Rivers can do this as well when not protected well enough).  Andrew will eventually "get it" and stop trying to be the hero.  

I think everyone is forgetting that it's still a TEAM sport, every player out there benefits off one another. How many different starting offensive lineman have we had? How many hits does luck take? Luck can't do everything himself, the talent in the receiving core is there but it seems like Pep has no idea how to use them. That being some somebody needs to light a fire under these players and that someone needs to be Pagano. Pagano walks around like a scared puppy when bad things happen....

Yeah I think alot of it cause Luck feels like he HAS to do something and make something happen so he forces alot more than he should and loses his focus. I don't know he really trust the offense as whole. I think he feels like it's all on him. And we just look horribly unprepared and bad play calling. I'm really thinking Pep and Pagano both need to go. This teams lacks preparedness badly!

Luck can't do it all by himself but when you have a qb that thinks they have to carry the team on their shoulders and make things happen - you will have a qb that will take risks they shouldn't take (Rivers can do this as well when not protected well enough).  Andrew will eventually "get it" and stop trying to be the hero.  

Nah, he made alot of horrible plays tonight. 

Luck can't do it all by himself but when you have a qb that thinks they have to carry the team on their shoulders and make things happen - you will have a qb that will take risks they shouldn't take (Rivers can do this as well when not protected well enough). Andrew will eventually "get it" and stop trying to be the hero.

Exactly!!! I think Luck feels is all up to him and all on him to make something happen some way.. some how. So he takes unnecessary risks and makes bad decisions. I'm kinda scared for the rest of our season at this point honestly. I know it's very early though.

Yes Luck is super overrated. I mean * might as well cut him now and try to trade for RG3. 

You are all damn fools. Luck had a crappy game which, believe or not, happens to most NFL qb's. Sure he definitely isn't Rodgers/Brady level atm but need I remind you of all the good stuff he has done/does?? No? Ok.

He's overrated but it doesn't mean he's NOT the best young QB in the league.  He's pretty much the best young QB in the league but you have to build somewhat of a semblance of an OL in front of him.  Under no circumstances is he a Rodgers or Brady, but some other great teams with a very good QB are still 0-2, example the Saints, Seahawks, Colts, ect. 

This team has multiple problems and it's not just Luck.  It's everything, the coaching, OL, WRs, and everything else.  The D is playing about as normal as the Colts would play allowing 23.5 ppg but the O is scoring 10 ppg when it was supposed to be one of the most powerful in the league. 

In the end the overachievement of this team is what's going to kill them. 

Peyton Manning would find ways to move the ball. Even if he was backed up in his own territory, he would at least string together a few first downs to shift field positions. Luck can't move the ball unless we are losing by double digits. Very frustrating. I mean, Luck was shut down by a bad BIlls defense last week, and isn't doing much better tonight

when was the bills defense bad? lol

He didn't have to do it all tonight. He had a defense that played over its head tonight to keep him in the game. He should be able to muster more than 17 points with the weapons he has been given. His turnovers are killing us. He looks like he has regressed.

The Chargers fan has the most sense on this board.  

SMH.

Listen to her!

Welp, it's been real people. I'm out. Can't watch this team anymore. I may log back on next year IF we fire people. This is just pathetic and it's sad we're 10-11 outside the division since 2013

Never seen you that down bro, don't worry.  They have 3x games against divisional opponents and weaker teams.   lol

I think Luck has been rattled two weeks in a row by two star laden, well coached, top-heavy defenses that mirror one another. I'm glad this is happening weeks 1 and 2 and not 13 and 14...He's in a rut, no doubt. He isn't comfortable and the team around him isn't fighting the extra mile to save the plays. Luck is still one of the best quarterbacks in the game even four years in as a pro. I mean, he is where Manning was going into the 2001 season by comparison...Andrew has already won three playoff games. 

I don't think Andrew is over-rated--I think the major problem is that because of the apparent weaknesses (O-Line, Wide Receivers, Running Backs) he takes too much upon himself.  Sometimes he would be better just to throw the ball out (live to fight another day), but because he is surrounded by such incompetents (including coaches), he feels the need to push the limits

I think Luck has been rattled two weeks in a row by two star laden, well coached, top-heavy defenses that mirror one another. I'm glad this is happening weeks 1 and 2 and not 13 and 14...He's in a rut, no doubt. He isn't comfortable and the team around him isn't fighting the extra mile to save the plays. Luck is still one of the best quarterbacks in the game even four years in as a pro. I mean, he is where Manning was going into the 2001 season by comparison...Andrew has already won three playoff games. 

Great Post. I would rather this happen early than later. I didn't expect this tonight but it is what it is.

Poor pass blocking O-line = Luck had time and made poor inaccurate throws!  Over thrown receivers again and again - throwing inside when he should be throwing outside etc etc.

Poor run blocking O-line = We had half a dozen 8-10 yard runs last night - with about 4 yards per carry average.

Luck is severely over-rated! 

This is about game-planning and execution - there is a break in that process somewhere and we better get if fixed or this is only going to get uglier!

I don't think he is overrated but he's not learning from his mistakes. You can't just throw the ball up for grabs like he does. Nobody on our team has demonstrated the ability to go up and high point the ball and take it away from a DB. He needs to start running more. The Seahawks were struggling against GB until Wilson started running.

Pep is making Luck regress. Pep belongs in the Pac-12 not the NFL

Luck is not overrated. He's been a great quarterback but he is still YOUNG on a mediocre talented team. Sure we have offensive weapons for him to use but without a functioning O-Line, he will be terrible against GREAT defenses. Jets and the Bills are no slouch on defense. Probably #1 and #2 ranked defenses and they got the best of us. What did you all expect with Lance freaking Louis, old man Herremans, and a center that hasn't caught on well enough to be starting every game. This is how your franchise QB gets injured and that is what makes our franchise QB pressured and make bad decisions. He is not going to throw the ball away EVERY TIME. If he did that then we literally wouldn't be targeting anybody, especially last night. Luck is still our guy and he's the one that can take us far but without a good line in front of him, he will struggle bad against great defenses.

Is Luck overrated?  Probably, but that is not his fault. It's the nature of being an upcoming star QB in the age of media oversaturation.

How many people were predicting him to be this years MVP? Quite a few. He's not there yet.

Here's my complaint about Luck. And it may be totally unfair as it is based on perception more than anything.

You here time and again about how talented and smart he is.  With Manning, who was 1/4 as athletic as Luck, you knew he had talent and was the smartest QB in the game, but what really made him great was his work ethic and preparation.

I have never once heard someone rave about how much time Luck spends in the film room, or how much extra time he spends working with his receivers etc.    I'm not suggesting that he is deficient in either of these areas, but for him to be at the level that most people are expecting, his on field intelligence needs to come more in line with the genius" he is supposed to be off the field. 

All I know is that your Colts and my Eagles are both 0--2 and I'd take Luck over Bradford at QB in a heartbeat!  Wanna trade straightup? :cheer:

But seriously.  Chill and go back and take a look at Belichick's presser after the Patriots got blown out in KC to go 2--2 last year and watch his reaction when some reporter asked him whether he was thinking of "making a change at the Quarterback position."  That should be how you guys are feeling now with a stud like Luck at QB.  Chill.