Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm starting to think Luck is overrated

Pacergeek

Luck had a few turnovers but it was mostly because he was getting hit as he was throwing it. The offensive line is one of the worst in the league.

Because he's holding on to the ball to long. The oline gave him enough time to throw most of the night (and last week) but luck seems to want twice as much time to make his throws. That's not going to work against teams with good d lines that like to blitz. STOP HOLDING ON TO THE BALL AND THROW IT.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he's holding on to the ball to long. The oline gave him enough time to throw most of the night (and last week) but luck seems to want twice as much time to make his throws. That's not going to work against teams with good d lines that like to blitz. STOP HOLDING ON TO THE BALL AND THROW IT.

We were obviously watching 2 different games.

Is Luck overrated? Probably, but that is not his fault. It's the nature of being an upcoming star QB in the age of media oversaturation.

How many people were predicting him to be this years MVP? Quite a few. He's not there yet.

Here's my complaint about Luck. And it may be totally unfair as it is based on perception more than anything.

You here time and again about how talented and smart he is. With Manning, who was 1/4 as athletic as Luck, you knew he had talent and was the smartest QB in the game, but what really made him great was his work ethic and preparation.

I have never once heard someone rave about how much time Luck spends in the film room, or how much extra time he spends working with his receivers etc. I'm not suggesting that he is deficient in either of these areas, but for him to be at the level that most people are expecting, his on field intelligence needs to come more in line with the genius" he is supposed to be off the field.

I never hear anything about Luvk. Luke what does he do in the offseason besides go to Europe? Does he have a qb guru he works w/. Brady works w/ House. Manning and Romo went to Cutcliffe. Luck has mechanics issues he needs to work on.

All I know is that your Colts and my Eagles are both 0--2 and I'd take Luck over Bradford at QB in a heartbeat!  Wanna trade straightup? :cheer:

But seriously.  Chill and go back and take a look at Belichick's presser after the Patriots got blown out in KC to go 2--2 last year and watch his reaction when some reporter asked him whether he was thinking of "making a change at the Quarterback position."  That should be how you guys are feeling now with a stud like Luck at QB.  Chill.

Yeah, but Chuck is no Billy Boy either to get this team out of the doldrums.

Are we witnessing Luck becoming Jeff George? I'm not sure if Jeff had 28 turnovers in a season plus 2 games. Can anyone check on that?

I knew it was bad vibe time, when JSA checked those Auto photos Luck sends to fans, and they said it was pre-printed, and a Luck auto jersey from e-bay (which was fully refunded) was decided upon by them to be a fake.

I would agree Luck is overrated like RGIII if Luck was over passing the receivers and turning the ball over if he had an offensive line like the Cowboys.  Until Luck has that I think the jury is still out.  I want to see the Colts actually build something like the other good teams have done.  We have seen this movie before.  I hope like everyone else, it is time to change.   

He's overrated but it doesn't mean he's NOT the best young QB in the league.  He's pretty much the best young QB in the league but you have to build somewhat of a semblance of an OL in front of him.  Under no circumstances is he a Rodgers or Brady, but some other great teams with a very good QB are still 0-2, example the Saints, Seahawks, Colts, ect. 

This team has multiple problems and it's not just Luck.  It's everything, the coaching, OL, WRs, and everything else.  The D is playing about as normal as the Colts would play allowing 23.5 ppg but the O is scoring 10 ppg when it was supposed to be one of the most powerful in the league. 

In the end the overachievement of this team is what's going to kill them. 

I think Luck has the ability to be as good as Rogers or Brady...with the right QB coach, and a respectable O-line.

G'day from Australia (ducks for cover!!),

I know nothing about the game realistically, just trying to get my bearings and support the NFL. I'm trying to pick a team and have landed here so I hope you'll have me.

I watched some of the game and while I wont get into the intricacies of the sport because I dont know them my amateur view was that the Colts executed poorly. Some of the plays could have had us up on the scoreboard and gaining better field position had passes stuck. Good signs ahead imo but just trying to support the Colts and get a feel for the game.

Anyway, look forward to hearing your insights and learning here - dont know anytihng about Colts fans but if you'll have me I'll be yelling from Down Under.

G'day from Australia (ducks for cover!!),

I know nothing about the game realistically, just trying to get my bearings and support the NFL. I'm trying to pick a team and have landed here so I hope you'll have me.

I watched some of the game and while I wont get into the intricacies of the sport because I dont know them my amateur view was that the Colts executed poorly. Some of the plays could have had us up on the scoreboard and gaining better field position had passes stuck. Good signs ahead imo but just trying to support the Colts and get a feel for the game.

Anyway, look forward to hearing your insights and learning here - dont know anytihng about Colts fans but if you'll have me I'll be yelling from Down Under.

Welcome! Good observations. We would all love the big plays but when they're blitzing and putting a lot of pressure on your QB sometimes it's better to get the ball out fast. The offense in a whole is not clicking. As well as the OC not putting them in good positions to beat the pressure and move the chains.

Since Luck has been the Colts QB, they have only had one RB who has rushed for over a 100 yards in a game. That's just one problem out of many.

I know and it's unbelievable we are 36-20 with Luck and made a Final 4 with that kind of stat. No QB can do that. Imagine Wilson not having a 100 Yard rusher for over 2 years, Lynch has had several for him.

Welcome! Good observations. We would all love the big plays but when they're blitzing and putting a lot of pressure on your QB sometimes it's better to get the ball out fast. The offense in a whole is not clicking. As well as the OC not putting them in good positions to beat the pressure and move the chains.

Thanks for the welcome mate

Edited by 21isSuperman