Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs Bills Game #1 Predictions And What You Want To See Thread

RockThatBlue

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't usually like predicting because it shows how little I truely know about football but I'm going to say 23-16. I think it is really slow to start like 6-6 tie in the first half and then some scoring start opening up a bit in the second....definately going to be a slug fest. I'm interested in seeing how we contain Taylor and Mccoy. If we give cut back lanes etc. I don't remember us playing Mccoy too terribly when he was in Philly...a couple of break downs but I thought it was Sproles that hurt us a lot. I think Luck is going to be under pressure all day...but he makes some Luck plays...1 td 1 int...Johnson and Gore make immediate impacts with a td a piece.

We had the 3rd best pass defense in the league last year. We absolutely can cover anyone you throw at us.

He didn't even mention Dorsett or Andre... you may be able to take one away. But then you got 2 others. And 2 of the are quite fast. Plus if we also have TE going out. It's going to be very difficult.

Well, I'll put it this way: I would love to make a prediction, but nobody really knows what Tyrod Taylor is going to be. With QB's being so important in today's game, you need some sort of idea to predict.

I feel like he may struggle if the Colts give him some strange looks right off, have a scout on him, and make him try to beat them long (that's what I would do). We'll see how he handles it by halftime. We know Buffalo will pound the ball to try to keep the game out of Taylor's hands as much as possible, but in today's NFL, the QB has to have the ability to win the game.

As far as the Bills D vs. Colts offense, the key is going to be getting the run game going so that the Bills don't have a chance to tee off on Luck. This is very doable, but the Bills have looked good against the run this preseason. Luck isn't prone to bad decisions, so that will help neutralize any attacks, but these guys get to the QB quicker than anyone else in the league.

Homefield advantage will affect the game. Buffalo is one of the toughest places to play when the crowd is in it.

No prediction. I think whoever wins the TO ratio wins the game. I don't know who that is at the moment.

Boy, you guys may want to temper your expectations. Last year we absolutely shut down Aaron Rodgers, the only quarterback in the league that is unquestionably better than Luck. If you think you guys are going to put up 400 yards of total offense, you are in for an unpleasant Sunday.

As a die hard colts fan I'll like to go on record and say I completely agree. .... We're def going to struggle a lot Sunday.. I still think we pull it out

My key to this game will be the turnovers. As long as we don't throw to many picks or have too many fumbles, we should be fine. I don't expect us to get a BUNCH of first downs. But no matter whose defense the Colts are playing, this offense should be good enough to get down the field at least into field goal range. So as long as we don't turn it over after we get into FG range, I think we can take this. My prediction, 26-13 Colts. Lots of fg's. And as long as the Defense can contain Shady from going off and keep pressuring Tyrod, we should have this

Well, I'll put it this way: I would love to make a prediction, but nobody really knows what Tyrod Taylor is going to be. With QB's being so important in today's game, you need some sort of idea to predict.

I feel like he may struggle if the Colts give him some strange looks right off, have a scout on him, and make him try to beat them long (that's what I would do). We'll see how he handles it by halftime. We know Buffalo will pound the ball to try to keep the game out of Taylor's hands as much as possible, but in today's NFL, the QB has to have the ability to win the game.

As far as the Bills D vs. Colts offense, the key is going to be getting the run game going so that the Bills don't have a chance to tee off on Luck. This is very doable, but the Bills have looked good against the run this preseason. Luck isn't prone to bad decisions, so that will help neutralize any attacks, but these guys get to the QB quicker than anyone else in the league.

Homefield advantage will affect the game. Buffalo is one of the toughest places to play when the crowd is in it.

No prediction. I think whoever wins the TO ratio wins the game. I don't know who that is at the moment.

Well thought out post and lots of valid points. And welcome to the board feel free to stay...

Bills fan here i like looking at our opponents message boards every week to see what other teams think about how the game will play out. Heres some things i would like to throw out

- Buffalo is a very tough place to play especially opening day. We broke a season ticket record this year because of all the off-season pickups, so the Ralph is going to be rocking no chance this game is a colts blowout or bills blowout for that matter

-Tyrod is the key for us, just like Luck, Taylor has tons of talent to throw too. Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Percy Harvin, Charles Clay, & of course Shady are going to be a handful for you guys. Really interested to see if Tyrod can get the ball to these guys. Id assume Indy will stack the box to make him beat them with his arm

-Our biggest off-season pickup imo was Greg Roman. He is a top 10 offensive mind in the game & does a great job tailoring his gameplan to his QB. I gotta admit im pretty excited to see a read option with tyrod, shady, & percy harvin on jet sweeps

-Our D will be tough to score on Luck & Co will get theirs but i wouldnt expect more then 24 points from the offense. Obviously our front 4 even with Dareus out is great, Bradham & Brown are both 3 down backers who are solid in coverage, our secondary is deeper then most think.  If Darby struggles early (which i expect Luck to pick on him) i wouldnt be surprised if they moved Corey Graham back to corner 

-I think it ends in a one score game 24-20 to either side. 

Good Luck Sunday Guys heres to a good game & no injuries

Bills fan here i like looking at our opponents message boards every week to see what other teams think about how the game will play out. Heres some things i would like to throw out

- Buffalo is a very tough place to play especially opening day. We broke a season ticket record this year because of all the off-season pickups, so the Ralph is going to be rocking no chance this game is a colts blowout or bills blowout for that matter

-Tyrod is the key for us, just like Luck, Taylor has tons of talent to throw too. Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Percy Harvin, Charles Clay, & of course Shady are going to be a handful for you guys. Really interested to see if Tyrod can get the ball to these guys. Id assume Indy will stack the box to make him beat them with his arm

-Our biggest off-season pickup imo was Greg Roman. He is a top 10 offensive mind in the game & does a great job tailoring his gameplan to his QB. I gotta admit im pretty excited to see a read option with tyrod, shady, & percy harvin on jet sweeps

-Our D will be tough to score on Luck & Co will get theirs but i wouldnt expect more then 24 points from the offense. Obviously our front 4 even with Dareus out is great, Bradham & Brown are both 3 down backers who are solid in coverage, our secondary is deeper then most think. If Darby struggles early (which i expect Luck to pick on him) i wouldnt be surprised if they moved Corey Graham back to corner

Is McCoy going to play?

-Our D will be tough to score on Luck & Co will get theirs but i wouldnt expect more then 24 points from the offense. Obviously our front 4 even with Dareus out is great, Bradham & Brown are both 3 down backers who are solid in coverage, our secondary is deeper then most think.  If Darby struggles early (which i expect Luck to pick on him) i wouldnt be surprised if they moved Corey Graham back to corner 

The Colts are usually terrible vs running QB's, which is why I'm worried about this game. Terrelle Pryor shredded our defense two seasons ago. Also, Pagano had been poor in preparing the Colts for week 1 games in the past. 

I want to see the defensive player combinations Manusky comes up with to rush the passer on 3rd downs, and his new blitzing packages. I also want to see how our rookie defensive players handle their first regular season game vs. #1s. I am also very excited to see this "Greatest Shoe on Turf."

We seem to have trouble with mobile QBs and when guys like McCoy and harvin get touches in space and on screens. They also have a good young receiver it Watkins that could give Toler/Smith trouble. Defense can't give up big plays and force Taylor to play in pocket. Offense can't start out stagnant against this defense. I think bills are better team than many are projecting. I say 27-24 colts. Fourth quarter game winning drive by Luck and co.

But I hope its 40-0.

I want to see a Colts win.  But I have been calling this a loss since the schedule came out and I'm gonna stick to my guns.  The Bills will be one of the surprises of the season IMHO.  I think the Colts lose a close one, something like 27-26.  But it's NOT a season-ender.  They lost in the opener on the road last season in another close one and rebounded nicely to make the AFC Champ.  There will be some growing pains for the newcomers on defense but they'll come around.

I'm going to say that we win but only by about 24-17.

I want to see whether Mathis makes an appearance and if so how he looks.

I want to see how the Dline holds up against the run sans Arty Jones

I want to see how the Oline holds up against their Dline.

I'd love to see 100+ rushing yards from Gore (let me dream)

Not surprised to see people underestimating the Bills. Sure, their offense won't rack up a lot of points, but their defense can (and very well could) create turnovers and touchdowns. Though their offense might look potent against our defense.

Realistic me says Bills- 20, Colts- 17.

Homer me says Bills- 13, Colts- 24.

I'll second this! Man, would love to see this right out of the gate, and Luck 22/27 315 3TDs.

We haven't had a 100 yard rusher since Vick Ballard in 2012 against the Texans. I don't know how many years before that the previous one was either.

I would LOVE for Gore to get 100 yards straight outa the gate!

The Colts are usually terrible vs running QB's, which is why I'm worried about this game. Terrelle Pryor shredded our defense two seasons ago. Also, Pagano had been poor in preparing the Colts for week 1 games in the past. 

So tell me, how many of these players that were terrible against running QB's on defense are playing this Sunday?

For all intents and purposes this is an entirely different defense, one that none of us have ever seen before, and I for one expect great things.

I want to see a win with no injuries :thmup:

I am with you just give me the W pretty ugly lucky I don't care. Get the W no injuries move on to the Jets. We need to protect the ball.

We have a lot of new faces only one O Lineman returns starting at the same position as our opener last year. All that time together in the off season should pay off.

The D has 14 new players that weren't on the 53 man last year. There will be bumps along the way.

I'm excited to see it come together in all 3 phases.

Colts 31-20

I don't like prediction scores but I've said that the Bills are not a good matchup for us in the first game of the year. I think their strong defense will give our offense plenty of problems early. I think its going to be closer than most people think and less scoring that most predict. I'm going to say 17-13 Colts but I wouldn't be surprised by an upset here and my reasons for saying that are as follows: The offensive line has not had time yet to Gel and Mewhort is learning a new position. Thats a bad matchup vs a very strong Buffalo defensive front. Also, our defensive front may have trouble given the infusion of new blood there and we may struggle to stop Buffalo and pressure the QB.

What I want to see is a more balanced offense, yes, balanced. I wanna see Gore given 20 carries and hopefully have a chance to wear down the Bills in the 4th quarter like he did in his days in SF.

I wanna see solid pass protection.

I wanna see a defensive front that can stop the run and pressure the QB.

Went back and looked at week 1 from last season and surprisingly 5 of the playoffs teams from last year all lost in week 1:  The Colts, Cowboys, Packers, Ravens, and Patricias all lost.  Colts, Ravens, and Packers all lost to other playoff teams with only the Colts getting revenge in the playoffs.  Week 1 is just that, nothing more.

Whoever is lined up with vontae is automatically out of the play soo I say roll coverage to their tightend Clay cuz he killed us when we played the Dolphins lucks first year harvin has no route running skills so not worried about him receiving but I wouldn't kick the ball to him on Kr or Pr

Rex: "The strength of their team is Andrew Luck. Let's not say that the strength of their team is their defense. It's not."

Which is true.

More Rex: "I'm calling our fans out. I need you. This guy is the No. 1 fantasy QB this week. He's the play. He's the go to guy."

ok.....

Whoever is lined up with vontae is automatically out of the play soo I say roll coverage to their tightend Clay cuz he killed us when we played the Dolphins lucks first year harvin has no route running skills so not worried about him receiving but I wouldn't kick the ball to him on Kr or Pr

I agree about Clay. I have a feeling we will put Clayton Geathers on him a lot. Guess we will see.

To quote my ol' friend Hans Solo....."I got a baaaaad feeling about this."  Awful weather on Sunday in Buffalo.  I thought we had a chance to squeak out of a win, like 24-20.  But with passing game grounded by high winds and heavy rain, it sucks, but I go Buffalo 21-14.  Turnovers my inexperienced weather adversity.  Coaching questions run rampant.  Just have a bad feeling about this team from preseason that gets fixed after a week or two in regular season.  Love getting one of our toughest games out of the way in the always-overrated Week 1.