Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady suspended four games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks (Mega Merge)

BlueShoe

No. Kraft can go to court and get the whole thing over turned. We will see how far he goes but that 40 page rebuttal has most thinking he is going all the way with this ...

lmao. he is going to go into federal court and claim the nickname "the deflater" was due to weight loas? I don't think so.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't look at all the facts, jeeze. You only look at those that benefit the Patriots regardless if they are 40 years old.... duh

#patriotway

#cheatingisntpatriotsfault

#ifyouaintcheatinyouainttryin

Oh, almost forgot...

#everyoneelsedoesit

#deflectgate

Yeah, I'm just Goodell's puppet.  If I'm not being objective and siding with the Pats, that only leaves one other option (sarcasm)

I think (hope) the Pats are just bluffing, because this will get laughed out of court if it goes there.

Personally I hope they arent. I hope they take this to court and get publicly laughed at for all time. Wait...they are already being publicly laughed at.

I have to be honest here. I don't blame anyone or any team for pushing the envelope of the rules Or even going pass the line. Just like I said in spygate, we know you did it, own up to it, take the kicks and move on. Had the pats and brady just came out and said hey, we broke the rules, we deflated those balls, well take our punishment and move on...then I'd have way more respect for them. But their ego won't let them. They think they walk on water, they lie,they cheat and steal super bowl rings. rings they probably could have won fair and square but had to cheat and lie because let's face it, they didn't think they were good enough to beat the other teams heads up...

Personally I hope they arent. I hope they take this to court and get publicly laughed at for all time. Wait...they are already being publicly laughed at.

I meant for their sake....for mine, I'm with you....they are so insulated in their little east coast bubble that they don't realize that they're the laughing stock of the rest of the country.

I have to be honest here. I don't blame anyone or any team for pushing the envelope of the rules Or even going pass the line. Just like I said in spygate, we know you did it, own up to it, take the kicks and move on. Had the pats and brady just came out and said hey, we broke the rules, we deflated those balls, well take our punishment and move on...then I'd have way more respect for them. But their ego won't let them. They think they walk on water, they lie,they cheat and steal super bowl rings. rings they probably could have won fair and square but had to cheat and lie because let's face it, they didn't think they were good enough to beat the other teams heads up...

Not only that, when the NFL comes to interview you (Tom Brady) just answer something like this:

** Look, since 2007, the league has let us prep the footballs and get it the way we (QB's) like.  As long as it is still official size and weight, the Ref checks pressure and let's us play.  If you let us have that much ability to play with balls we like, why not let us play with an expanded pressure range?  Some guys like them blown up over limits, I like them with less air. So yeah, we try to get my preference on the game balls if we can. So, what do you want from me?  Where do we go from here? **

I'm sure it would have been less painful for all involved, and there would be a review for rule change for 2015.

But alas, ** Oh, what tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive...**

I hope they loosen the PSI rules for next year, and tighten up the after Ref check security.

If someone accuses me of something and it can potentially damage my reputation and cost me millions, then I think I would hand over my phone. That's how you clear your name.

Once you have allowed it to go this far it doesn't matter what the appeal says, everyone but the Patriots fans, who never thought he was guilty to begin with, will believe you did it.

Innocent people like to prove they are innocent right away. Guilty people like to say you can't prove I'm guilty.

Brady might have a football mind, but he isn't very good at trying to lie his way out of things. His lawyers claiming some fat guy was known as "The Deflator" don't seem to sharp either.

Munson was a disgraced lawer who has been suspended, disbarred, who decided to take up journalism instead of continuing to practicing law.

After his admittance to the Illinois State Bar in 1976 and practicing law for 13 years, it appears Munson, facing multiple charges of misconduct occurring during a time he was already on probation by the Ilinois Bar, voluntarily agreed to discontinue practicing law. As a mitigating factor in his misconduct, Munson pointed to his alcoholism. In its 1991 decision to suspend Munson’s law license because of his continued misconduct while on probation, the Disciplinary Commission wrote:

“On September 30, 1986, Respondent was suspended from the practice of law for three years and until further order of the Court, and this suspension was stayed and Respondent was placed on probation for three years with conditions. In re Munson, No. 85 CH 57, M.R. 4029. Respondent's misconduct included his neglect of three client matters as well as misstatements regarding the status of two of the client matters. Respondent's misconduct was attributable to his alcoholism.”

“In October 1989, Respondent discontinued practicing. Respondent has no current intention to return to the practice of law.”

Yeah & Tom Brady has disgraced  his self his team & the NFL by lying & cheating all he has ever done is in question with a career of scandals behind him .

Whats his excuse ? Homer

Well said!

The patriots organization and its fans are insulting everyone's intelligence.

We are supposed to buy "the deflator" is just trying to lose some weight. They really believe we are that stupid. 

haha  Next they will say they were texting Marie Osmond .

Stupidity is a funny thing those truly stupid are just clueless & easily led & the Patriot Organization has taken advantage of everyone including there misguided homer fans IMO because there easily fooled .

There fans have more to say than Tom Brady who easily could have told the truth & then been suspended for the Superbowl .

The lie & cover up for New England was a must for a Lombardi & now the cover up has continued with more ignorance I can't wait for this to end .

Take the 4 game suspension like a man Tommy B for the first time this year tell the truth then just shut up I for one am sick of the whole situation .

And I look forward to the NFL changing the rules back both teams using the same ball its a obvious necessity , When some delusional people believe everyone does it bending rules your easy answer is they could'nt gain the desired advantage if both have the use once again of the same balls soft deflated or watermelons - equality would be achieved . :scratch:

Im browsing minding my own business until i was on an article on CNN regarding world news. And I see a post with a beautiful woman (reminded me of a girl I used to date) that says, "She cheated for 3 years and almost got away with it". I was like, "WOW! NO WAY!!!!" I click on the link and who pops up... -____-

2h89sgm.jpg

If someone accuses me of something and it can potentially damage my reputation and cost me millions, then I think I would hand over my phone. That's how you clear your name.

Once you have allowed it to go this far it doesn't matter what the appeal says, everyone but the Patriots fans, who never thought he was guilty to begin with, will believe you did it.

Innocent people like to prove they are innocent right away. Guilty people like to say you can't prove I'm guilty.

Brady might have a football mind, but he isn't very good at trying to lie his way out of things. His lawyers claiming some fat guy was known as "The Deflator" don't seem to sharp either.

I do not blame Brady for one second for not wanting to turn the phone over completely to the NFL. The NFL is not the tightest ship when it comes to leaks so if he has some personal stuff between him and his wife I sure would not hand it over.  Now, he was given the chance to cooperate and have his lawyer there with the NFL investigation team, but he choose not to do that either, which ultimately does not look good.

What I find odd is if he is innocent why does he not proclaim it flat out? If you had nothing to do with this why would your response be I do not believe so when asked if you had cheated. If I did not cheat and my name was being tarnished I would vehemently deny any allegation of cheating. Brady has just been so passive aggressive with it that it is shocking if really did not cheat. 

Also, the Pats saying there was no cheating makes me scratch my head as to why they suspended their two employees. If you believe nothing happened why suspend someone from their job without pay? Why is the guy being suspended when all he was talking about was his weight loss?

I think they cheated, but they know if they deny and hold out long enough the general public will find a new shiny rock to look at and move on and that there will be enough deniability to reduce Brady's suspension to maybe a game or two. Then the general public will forget by the time the season comes around and the media will move on with their next drama.

A few months ago Brady homers were coming up with anything and everything to make it so that Brady was the reason they won the SB and they would have given anything and everything just to make it so. And suddenly that isn't their main priority anymore lol!

According to the article, the reason Belichick has not defended Brady, is he never believed his story. He addressed it once before the Superbowl, which he had to do, to keep the team focused on their goal. After the Superbowl, you have not heard a peep out of Belichick. I wonder if it had any impact on Kraft's capitualtion. Link below:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25193788/report-bill-belichick-never-believed-tom-bradys-deflategate-story

Now let's watch and see how a well run sports league handles this same situation...

http://news.yahoo.com/orioles-reliever-leaves-game-umps-inspect-forearm-025912188--spt.html

Even well run leagues have major hiccups that make you question the Integrity of the game for instance the 1919 World series .

Was a Black Eye for MLB .  All thru time in sports people have cheated - Betting - taking bribes & lied & covered up its the way it is no league if free of controversy .

250px-Eight_men_banned.png

Now let's watch and see how a well run sports league handles this same situation...

http://news.yahoo.com/orioles-reliever-leaves-game-umps-inspect-forearm-025912188--spt.html

From your linked article.....

"Matusz might not pitch again for a while. The Brewers' Will Smith was suspended for eight games Friday by Major League Baseball for having a foreign substance on his arm in a loss to the Braves."

So going by how the MLB handled/will handle Matusz for cheating, you believe brady should have been ejected DURING the Colts game? And then suspended 8 or more of the following games? Sounds good to me!!!!

I guess that answers why BB has been so quiet through this whole thing. :thinking:

I guess Bill was real silent because of the suspension of Sean Payton. He basically got a year suspension for not having control. So IMO there is a double standard for Bill. The Patriot fans are always whining about fairness and that the Patriots were being picked on. Here is one example where special treatment was given.

So by your example the Patriots needed to do what? It looks like you are saying the Patriots are not a well run sports team. If not then why are you bringing this up in this thread?

From your linked article.....

"Matusz might not pitch again for a while. The Brewers' Will Smith was suspended for eight games Friday by Major League Baseball for having a foreign substance on his arm in a loss to the Braves."

So going by how the MLB handled/will handle Matusz for cheating, you believe brady should have been ejected DURING the Colts game? And then suspended 8 or more of the following games? Sounds good to me!!!!

Lol... I don't think Morty actually read the article...

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 27, 2015 - talking about another poster
Hidden by Nadine, May 27, 2015 - talking about another poster

I agree. I cant believe he brought it up in this thread.

Well, basically, he's reaching for some justification to say it's okay to cheat. It's too bad he didn't read the part in the article that says that it isn't.

Lol... I don't think Morty actually read the article...

Lol...I don't think Mouthfire can do math on what 8 games divided by 162 works out to compared to 4 games out of 16.

Well, considering it was institutionalized Pats cheating, involving at least 3 people, as opposed to one pitcher, you do the math.

And as noted above, do we also not say the punishment was severe enough, as Brady wasn't removed from the game when the cheating was discovered?

Seriously, if you're going to try to justify your team cheating, pick a better article... And actually read it next time.

there's nothing for him to say really. the guy never goes out of his way to talk to the media anyway he sure as heck isnt going to do it now

Agree. But it does "appear" that he's distanced himself from it. He's definitely not come out with any words of support.

Lol...I don't think Mouthfire can do math on what 8 games divided by 162 works out to compared to 4 games out of 16.

lol... I don't think Bad Morty knows the difference in lying and deception over just taking your medicine.

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, May 26, 2015 - posts about suspended member
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, May 26, 2015 - posts about suspended member

AMF must really not like the news. Haven't seen her at all. :funny:

I was on Pats Planet to see what excuses the Pats fans were making and she was on there saying if Brady's suspension isn't overturned, that she wasn't watching for the season or something to that extent. Maybe she meant it lol.

lol... I don't think Bad Morty knows the difference in lying and deception over just taking your medicine.

He means that Brady should get a two game suspension I guess. It's funny, first he denies the Pats cheat, then he makes excuses for them cheating, then he says Brady should get a reduced suspension. Guess he'll eventually learn.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, May 26, 2015 - discussing another poster/site
Hidden by Superman, May 26, 2015 - discussing another poster/site

I was on Pats Planet to see what excuses the Pats fans were making and she was on there saying if Brady's suspension isn't overturned, that she wasn't watching for the season or something to that extent. Maybe she meant it lol.

They let you in the Patriots forum? It's been a while but when I tried to check it out they wouldn't let me in.