Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady suspended four games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks (Mega Merge)

BlueShoe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now FS1 saying 5pm but the league can will honor it up to 1159 pm...

That is probably what someone meant by flexible.   I had originally heard it was by 5:00 p.m. today,  which I think is standard proceedure of 3 full days after the punishment was handed down.

:edit:   Read Dustin's post above.  The appeal has been filed.

With the way that Brady and the Patriots have been blasting the NFL and Wells, assuming this doesn't go to court, there should be no way that the NFL (if Goodell doesn't appoint a neutral arbitrator) reduces or overturns his suspension. 

Little known and historically ignored rule? Now you say it was not common knowledge the teams didn't know what pounds per square inch the footballs were suppose to be? I can see you care none for integrity. It is also plain to see you couldn't care less about rules and regulations. But most of all the cover up means little to you. I have a question for you. Is what you believe in what you teach your kids and or grand kids? Yes rules are broken no doubt by most teams. But the difference is most teams take their due punishment. With the Patriots it's a never ending deflection of the facts. These are not *s playing and coaching in the NFL. Playing dumb and stupid don't go over too well. What is more insulting is the horse dung the Patriots have put together as the truth. Integrity does mean something no matter what your opinion is.

I'm saying teams did what they wanted with balls. So,sometimes refs gauged them sometimes they didn't and they almost never recorded anything. The whole thing is bull and the league has only itself to blame. I hate to say it but the only reason this is an issue...god this is tough "is because it was the Patriots".

I'm saying teams did what they wanted with balls. So,sometimes refs gauged them sometimes they didn't and they almost never recorded anything. The whole thing is bull and the league has only itself to blame. I hate to say it but the only reason this is an issue...god this is tough "is because it was the Patriots".

You can drop the act by the way.

Patriots draft picks are gone regardless.

I'm guessing that if the NFL appoint s a neutral arbitrator, Brady will have his suspension reduced to two games.

Yeah that's what I'd put my money on if Vegas was taking bets on it. (They aren't are they?)

Patriots draft picks are gone regardless. 

I'm guessing that if the NFL appoint s a neutral arbitrator, Brady will have his suspension reduced to two games.  

Tell me how this works...???  Does he have to admit some "guilt" in order for an agreement to be reached in reducing the amount of games for suspension?

Tell me how this works...???  Does he have to admit some "guilt" in order for an agreement to be reached in reducing the amount of games for suspension?

Now that I think more about it, you're right. If there isn't enough evidence for the 4 game suspension, and he won't admit guilt, he'll likely have it overturned and serve no games. 

Only way he would get a reduced suspension is if he admitted guilt. 

It's either all or nothing. 

That sickens me.  I wish I could pay a dollar to REMOVE a dollar from that fund...

I'v read that it's just symbolism and the money is going to a charity for children. You really don't wish to take their money do you? :-) 

It don't make any difference who the team is. You go out of your way to be untruthful and not cooperate with the investigation you pay the price. No, Brady has himself to blame. If he didn't have anything to hide all he had to do was go along with the investigation and this would be old news. He would have taken his token fine and be done with it. I will no longer debate or make anymore comments with you relating to this subject. It is real apparent where you stand and it is not for integrity, fairness or sportsmanship. You have made it very clear those things mean nothing to you. So in turn I have no more to say to you.

I wasn't suggesting that they did. You look at my comment as a whole and you will see that. C-mon SM, you know me better.

I know. I'm just saying, I wish we could move past the whole "yeah, people cheat" thing. True or not, it's irrelevant.

I agree, the protocols and procedures for ensuring compliance should be tightened up. Test the footballs with two calibrated gauges before the game, and record the measurements. Reserve the right to retest the footballs at any point during the game, at the refs' discretion, to ensure compliance. Refs shouldn't set the footballs at 13 PSI 'for conformity,' which the Wells report says some refs admit to doing. The footballs should be moved to the field with the crew chief's approval, by a member of the crew, not a team employee. Etc...

At the same time, you can loosen some of the restrictions on PSI. If you want more air than another QB, that's fine. Minimum pressure standards should be maintained at a level deemed appropriate. 

Right on.  I'm even thinking  11.5 to 14.5 psi range.  Stiff penalties to QB, team and handlers for going outside the range after the balls were approved.  Ref brings under inflated balls up to minimum allowed, and overinflated balls down to the maximum allowed. I doubt we ever have the problem again.

After the Patriots attempt to defend themselves, I'm even more confident that they're guilty.

That was embarrassing.

Plus, the guys they're attempting to defend, were fired for losing weight? LOL.

maybe they'll file a discrimination suit?

I have a  question.

According to the Patriots' rebuttal, McNally and Jastremski did nothing wrong. Ok, so why did the Patriots suspend them without pay? Can't keep up in their own web of lies?

I've been asking that question for three days.

is there a way the leage could actually ADD to the penalty?

curious, because I actually don't know.

Not double jeopardy/for deflating the balls, but there has to be something they can do for attempting to deface the league by continuing to blatantly LIE and construe the league as this evil mean entity out to get them.

The Pats are making a mockery of themselves and dragging the league in with them when they got off light to begin with. Again.