Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady suspended four games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks (Mega Merge)

BlueShoe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a  question.

According to the Patriots' rebuttal, McNally and Jastremski did nothing wrong. Ok, so why did the Patriots suspend them without pay? Can't keep up in their own web of lies?

I think their texts hurt Tommy's feelings.     They don't like me,  they really really don't like me.

I'v read that it's just symbolism and the money is going to a charity for children. You really don't wish to take their money do you? :-) 

I hope the charity is teaching kids to find better role models than Tom Brady... 

@Frank_Cawley 4m4 minutes ago @1053SS What did McNally mean when he texted "The only thing deflating sun..is his passing rating"? No weight loss on Sunday?

McNally meant that was his diet cheat day, and he was going to be eating about a dozen crab cakes and a huge bowl of chowdah during the game.

Not double jeopardy/for deflating the balls, but there has to be something they can do for attempting to deface the league by continuing to blatantly LIE and construe the league as this evil mean entity out to get them.

The Pats are making a mockery of themselves and dragging the league in with them when they got off light to begin with. Again.

I was wondering in the event more is uncovered in the appeals process......but they are really making this worse for them.

I was wondering in the event more is uncovered in the appeals process......but they are really making this worse for them.

I really, really hope it does go to court and they get Brady's phone records before they have a chance to purge all of the data permanently. Not that I think they'd ever do something like have all of the archived data go conveniently missing....

LOL, Sunday is cheat day. #doubleentendre

@Frank_Cawley 4m4 minutes ago @1053SS What did McNally mean when he texted "The only thing deflating sun..is his passing rating"? No weight loss on Sunday?

HAHAHA Wow.

GlySY9HH.jpg

I know. I'm just saying, I wish we could move past the whole "yeah, people cheat" thing. True or not, it's irrelevant.

I very well understand your point. If every rule and regulation was enforced to the max most teams would be in violation in one way of another. I make this comment not in defense or excuses just an observation. Do most teams set illegal picks? Does every team hold. That's the kind of stuff I was referring to. Not pre arranged deflection of the rules and regulations like this case is. The ones I was talking about are taken care of on field with flags. Some are taken care of after the league reviews tapes and draw fines or suspensions at a later time.

Also, bonus material about the great "impartial" PSI professor:

"Professor MacKinnon was a founder of Flex Pharma, a biotechnology company developing treatments for neuromuscular disorders. Flex Pharma is a public company. Prior to the company going public, the investment arm of The Kraft Group made a passive investment in Flex Pharma as part of a large syndicated investor group. When news of the investigation became public, Professor MacKinnon offered his scientific expertise to the team."

is there a way the leage could actually ADD to the penalty?

curious, because I actually don't know.

Probably not.  They'd have to uncover previous violations other than the one in the AFCCG.  But, in all likelihood, they'd consider the one punishment for all the infractions, which Troy Vincent made it pretty clear this probably wasn't the first time in the suspension mandate.  

As far as how they're defending themselves, they couldn't "add" to the penalty, per se.  But if the Patriots violated the CBA or NFL Constitution in how its been defending itself, there could be more penalties for new violations.  Btu that's about it.  The current penalty isn't being changed.

Probably not. They'd have to uncover previous violations other than the one in the AFCCG. But, in all likelihood, they'd consider the one punishment for all the infractions, which Troy Vincent made it pretty clear this probably wasn't the first time in the suspension mandate.

As far as how they're defending themselves, they couldn't "add" to the penalty, per se. But if the Patriots violated the CBA or NFL Constitution in how its been defending itself, there could be more penalties for new violations. Btu that's about it. The current penalty isn't being changed.

Only way I see further punishment is IF A BIG IF, a federal prosecutor gets a wild hair and decides to pursue federal racketeering charges as discussed earlier.

I don't ever see that happening based on information at hand. Now if during the Civil suit, it comes out documented via check or email or even bank transfer of money from Brady in order to conceal all of this...then I'd say one might do it. But it'd take a brave brave prosecutor to do it

Only way I see further punishment is IF A BIG IF, a federal prosecutor gets a wild hair and decides to pursue federal racketeering charges as discussed earlier.

I don't ever see that happening based on information at hand. Now if during the Civil suit, it comes out documented via check or email or even bank transfer of money from Brady in order to conceal all of this...then I'd say one might do it. But it'd take a brave brave prosecutor to do it

I sincerely doubt there's every any civil suit over this specifically because a lot more information will come to light.  I have a hard time believing that Brady did anything criminal over a game.  But tehn again, I have a hard time believing a ball boy would take 12 footballs into a bathroom over a few decimals of air pressure. 

I sincerely doubt there's every any civil suit over this specifically because a lot more information will come to light. I have a hard time believing that Brady did anything criminal over a game.

I agree. Just throwing it out there..

The Pats response was pretty much we are just going to throw everything we can think of at the wall and see what sticks or gets traction then they will get behind it. This is a sign of desperation. It's also what little kids do when they get caught doing something they shouldn't. Try to deflect the attention away and when that doesn't work say things that could be true but anyone can see they aren't or don't hold up upon examination to see if you will buy it.

The Pats might end up finding a lawyer who can get them off but I doubt most are going to buy that they are truly innocent.

I'm curious about how this appeal process works.  Can the Pats or Brady have their punishments increased?  Is this like an arbitrary, neutral 3rd party looks at everything and gives his/her own judgement on what the punishment should be?  Or can it only be reduced?  Because this pathetic attempt at covering it up is even worse than what really happened. 

Kraft and the Pats have sunk to a new low.  Seriously, Robert Kraft, I know very little about the legal system and I'm certainly no lawyer, but the deflator is a term for losing weight?  I know of high school students who could come up with better arguments.

I'll do my best to explain what Patriots fans (or in this case NFL Sirius XM Radio) are talking about when they make this point. 

There were two gauges used at different times...their readings had a difference of approximately .4 PSI.

If before the game New England's balls were inflated to a desired PSI of 12.5 but Walt Anderson used the higher reading gauge, then the balls actually would have been inflated to 12.1 PSI even though the higher gauge read 12.5 PSI.

If before the game the Colts balls were inflated to a desired PSI of 13.0 but Walt Anderson used the lower reading gauge, then the balls actually would have been inflated to 13.4 PSI even though the lower gauge read 13.0 PSI. Follow so far?

Walt Anderson could not recall which gauge was used when he measured each team's footballs before the game, so that is scenario is entirely plausible.

Here's where it gets interesting. When 4 of the Colts balls were measured at halftime, they had lost between .05 PSI and .85 PSI...which averages out to .56 of PSI lost. When the Patriots balls were measured at halftime, they had lost between .25 PSI and 1.6 PSI...but that is over the span of 11 balls. What if the 4 Colts balls that were measure just happened to be 4 that were on the lower amount of PSI loss? If we take the measurements of 4 of the lower measured balls for the Patriots, do you know what that averages out to? 

.57 PSI lost

The Colts balls average loss was .56 PSI...and since there is no way to know what the remainder of the Colts balls would have measured had they not run out of time, you simply cant discount the possibility that the 4 they happened to measure could have been on the lower end of PSI loss.

The mess started over  air pressure & was made a problem when lies turned to no cooperation & cover up & misinformation .

Honesty is not the Patriot way if it was we would'nt be here talking about none of this .

Patriots say increased calls to equipment man were Tom Brady's way of showing support, getting ready for Super Bowl http://t.co/lF4IzMC5oK

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk)

May 14, 2015

Who refers to themselves as The Deflator when they're trying to lose weight. Keep peeing on my leg and tell me it's raining, Pats.

— mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL)

May 14, 2015

Is this seriously the best defense they could come up with? This is hilarious.

Lolz.

Look the problem with the whole "ManningsArmy" trolling technique is that eventually someone sees through it and then it's pretty much over. Very short shelf life.

"ManningsArmy"...now thats a username I haven't heard in awhile.  He was quite the annoying guy.   

"ManningsArmy"...now thats a username I haven't heard in awhile. He was quite the annoying guy.

Yeah, they usually give themselves away by referring to the fact that they actually colts fans. Repeatedly. In situations that seem unnecessary to do so.

It worked perfectly in there home market . haha

I actually think that's the reason they did it. Give the home fans something to keep believing.

On a side note, the patriots have really crapped all over McNally in a fairly passive-aggressive manner.

"He's totally not guilty. <to McNally> You're suspended without pay."

"Oh he's not deflating footballs at the behest of our QB. He's just a fat ___"

We all know Brady filed his appeal before the deadline, however, I have heard nothing about the Pats appealing their loss of the 1st rounder in 2016 and 4th rounder in 2017. Since the deadline has passed, have they permanently lost those picks, or is there a chance they could get them back?

Wait a second. You trying to tell me this deflate thing according to the Pats was about losing weight?

OMG is this for real?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/patriots-lawyer-deflator-texts-about-losing-weight-not-deflating-balls/

I know you all been talking about it but.

No really IS THIS FOR REAL.

I didn't think it could get any worse. I swear just wow.

Yeah it's real. I also believe at one point they also posit something to the effect of "well that could have been any Tom..."

We all know Brady filed his appeal before the deadline, however, I have heard nothing about the Pats appealing their loss of the 1st rounder in 2016 and 4th rounder in 2017. Since the deadline has passed, have they permanently lost those picks, or is there a chance they could get them back?

I wondered that as well. Kraft did say they would accept their punishment...

Yeah it's real. I also believe at one point they also posit something to the effect of "well that could have been any Tom..."

I always knew it was Tom Cruise behind all this!!!!!! What a prankster that guy is.