Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will josh robinson play FB this year?

12isthenew18

I could see him lining up as a fullback or split back here and there. Dwayne Allen is essentially our designated fullback when we need one. Neither Robinson or Allen are "true" fullbacks, but I think Pep has backed off from his absolute need for a true fullback. No way we are taking one of our offensive weapons off the field for a guy like Stanley Havilii, not anymore.

If Dwayne Allen gets hurt, that would improve Robinson's chance of playing fullback...but right now I would say his chances are at about 1%.

Josh Robinson was drafted to play halfback. He will compete with Dan Herron and Vick Ballard for snaps behind Frank Gore.

A lot depends on how many backs the Colts will carry AND how well Ballard comes back from 2 years of injuries.

If we only carry 3 and Ballard is near rookie season form Robinson may not even have a roster spot. Boom is the only rb that has any kind of speed and I think he is on the roster based on last season.

If we carry 4 rbs, and I'm guessing we will, Robinson still might have to beat out Tipton who didn't look bad late last season in limited play.

I do think Robinson will make the team BUT it's Disappointing that even with Gore our stable of rb's is nothing to write home about.

Seeing gore as the feature back and boom likely playing 2nd string could we see him line up as a true FB like mike tolbert and mainly on short yardage situations?

Barring injury, or him just being a practice squad guy, i see him behind 3rd yr man 6'6' 267lb Jack Doyle for that role. Ya know?

I like Boom, but it's entirely possible Robinson comes in a replaces him.

Robinson is a huge question mark. Boom has already shown what he is capable of doing. Not to mention Robinson's awful performance so far during rookie mini camp isn't helping his case to make the final 53.

Robinson is a huge question mark. Boom has already shown what he is capable of doing. Not to mention Robinson's awful performance so far during rookie mini camp isn't helping his case to make the final 53.

How was he awful in rookie camp?

the one thing that really matters is protecting the football...Boom doesn't exactly have the greatest track record there. 

No FB No TE No HB Robinson is here to compete at RB.

I think history shows it's going to be very difficult for Ballard to bounce back. I think he may start on the PUP list.

That leaves the door open for Robinson to land anywhere from #2 RB to the PS.

I am not sure what anyone is judging from the rookie camp. He's a guy who makes his money in pads,

I would keep an eye on Varga as a sleeper to make the team. He's surprisingly fast for his size 4.47 40. He has great hands and fits the mold of power runner we are looking for. I think he could surprise.

Can't wait for camp.

Seeing gore as the feature back and boom likely playing 2nd string could we see him line up as a true FB like mike tolbert and mainly on short yardage situations?

I see Gore being #1, and Robinson #2

No FB No TE No HB Robinson is here to compete at RB.

I think history shows it's going to be very difficult for Ballard to bounce back. I think he may start on the PUP list.

That leaves the door open for Robinson to land anywhere from #2 RB to the PS.

I am not sure what anyone is judging from the rookie camp. He's a guy who makes his money in pads,

I would keep an eye on Varga as a sleeper to make the team. He's surprisingly fast for his size 4.47 40. He has great hands and fits the mold of power runner we are looking for. I think he could surprise.

Can't wait for camp.

Id take Varga over Robinson. Like you said his hands are great and he is a sneaky runner with a compact build. reminds me of MJD. 

.... why?

Why can't he just be a #2-3 RB in a RB by committee offense?

Ballard won't even make the team cause he'll probably be too broken down from his injuries to really be the same Ballard

So why would Josh be a FB?

How was he awful when every time I get on twitter the man is being talked highly of by colts writers and the Colts twitter page?

Please explain this Tom foolery you have typed.......

How was he awful when every time I get on twitter the man is being talked highly of by colts writers and the Colts twitter page?

I was going to ask the same question. High five for the Tom foolery usage. :thmup:

I was going to ask the same question. High five for the Tom foolery usage. :thmup:

*High Fives Back*

I mean I follow almost every colts writer and I haven't seen any negative talk about any of our rookies so I was confused

Maybe he's got an inside scoop no one else has on Josh being awful :dunno:

*High Fives Back*

I mean I follow almost every colts writer and I haven't seen any negative talk about any of our rookies so I was confused

Maybe he's got an inside scoop no one else has on Josh being awful :dunno:

I read somewhere this morning that it wouldn't be surprising if he starts the season at #2 on the depth chart. It was either on twitter or rotoworld.

I read somewhere this morning that it wouldn't be surprising if he starts the season at #2 on the depth chart. It was either on twitter or rotoworld.

Saw that too. Twitter. Wouldn't be surprised at all cause Boom has fumble issues and Ballard is a Longshot at best. Then Tipton is also a wild card

I like the depth we have everywhere, this might be the most exciting TC in the grigson Era aside from the arrival of Andrew Luck

Fumble issues. finishing with a terrible YPC only gaining 13 total yards on several attempts. and this is without pads, When football is its easiest.

Meh, I wouldn't pay attention to stats in rookie camp

Tom Foolery? Lol nice one

All based off of notes from Camp, Im simply stating so far he hasn't shown anything substantial to warrant him starting over Boom as one of the previous posters has stated, If he works out great, Im not taking anything away from him he seems like a great person and his story is extremely touching. But from what i personally have read so far his performance has been sub par.