Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anybody else scared of the jets?

bap1331

They'll have a tough defense as they always do but their offense will be questioned.  They have two really good receivers and they always seem to have a decent O line with decent runners.  I still think their offense will have a very tough time scoring points.  Have a great defense is awesome but you have to be able to score enough as well.

Fitzpatrick did have some good back shoulder throws to Andre Johnson last year. He will use Brandon Marshall better than he will use Eric Decker, IMO. As long as you do not put Fitzpatrick in a situation where he has to win it for you, he can manage the game for you.

It is important that the Jets bench Geno Smith and start Fitzpatrick early on if they want to win games or put up decent amount of points for their D. However, if they get Mariota, they should just play Mariota.

But it will be hard to see the Jets as legit contender with Smith at QB.

they have to know that too.  id take Mariota maybe even trade up to get him.  if he gets passed tennesse they could get him with out selling the farm

There is a bit of concern there. Todd Bowles is a first-time head coach, though, so who knows how things will actually go. As long as they play Fitzpatrick instead of Geno, they have a fighting chance this year.

Too bad for the Jets they fired the one coach that could actually beat up on the Pats and give them fits.

That division is a train wreck. Buffalo is a mystery, Miami is overrated as hell since their defense will look good for half of the season and then fall right down, and the Jets don't have a coach anymore and no quarterback. Much like the Colts have it made in the AFC South, the division is automatically all New England's. 

The Jets traded for Fitzpatrick.

Yes, that's right. I was trying to remember which vet they picked up. I think Fitz would have to play lights out to take the job. The Jets want Geno to start because they spent the high draft pick on him and have invested two years. Also, I would like to think Gailey and Bowles will be better than Ryan at developing him.

Yes, that's right. I was trying to remember which vet they picked up. I think Fitz would have to play lights out to take the job. The Jets want Geno to start because they spent the high draft pick on him and have invested two years. Also, I would like to think Gailey and Bowles will be better than Ryan at developing him.

It'd be better for the Jets to own their mistake and move on. Gailey was the head coach in Buffalo when Fitz was there too, so it wouldn't surprise me if he had a lot to do with the team trading for Fitz.

It'd be better for the Jets to own their mistake and move on. Gailey was the head coach in Buffalo when Fitz was there too, so it wouldn't surprise me if he had a lot to do with the team trading for Fitz.

Yes, that has been the scuttle that Gailey wanted Fitz given the familiarity. I do think Smith starts but he will be on a short leash.

I doubt Geno is the starter week 1

I think he will be, but Fitz will be in by week 3 after the onslaught of boos in New Jersyork. (Assuming they play at least one of those games at home.)

For most teams Fitz would be a side grade at best, but compared to Geno he'll look like Marino. If anything Fitz is not good enough to help, but maybe not bad enough to constantly shoot themselves in the foot.

I was already worrying about the pats but realized that jets will give the pats fits. And jets are a quarterback away from afc favorites. Im not suprised if they will surprise with a trade for qb on draft day...

Psshh NO!  You kidding me?  1 player away from AFC favorites.  Perhaps if Andrew Luck was traded to the jets, but even then they wouldn't be the favorites.  I'm glad they are better though.  The AFC East are definitely a decent division now.  I think the emergence of Buffalo and Miami getting Suh, along with Pats losing Revis, Browner, and Ayers, they will definitely lose more divisional games this year. 

Looks like the Colts are the team to beat since, we took out the Broncos in Denver during the playoffs :)

I was already worrying about the pats but realized that jets will give the pats fits. And jets are a quarterback away from afc favorites. Im not suprised if they will surprise with a trade for qb on draft day...

I'm more afraid of Buffalo than the Jets. The jets usually have a good defense, it's the offense that kills them. Buffalo doesn't have a ton of offense either, but it's better than the Jets. Dolphins are a crapshoot, I'm just glad they all got better and will beat up on New England more. I think it's possible for New England to only go 4-2 or 3-3 in their Division.

People are doing that thing they do every March, where the Offseason Champs are crowned.

Remember a few years back, when Philly had the "Dream Team" and people were saying, "Oh my gosh how will any other team compete with that? I know they haven't won a single actual, real football game, BUT OMG BEST TEAM EVA!"

Then they went 8-8 and dumped most of the high profile FAs they signed within two seasons.

If history has proven anything, it's that you can't turn a lousy team around overnight by signing free agents. This isn't like the Colts' situation, where a very good team that was right in the thick of things in 2014 added some pieces for 2015. Fitzpatrick is a better option for them but the Jets still have no QB, and Bowles is a first-time head coach. I'm going to let this whole thing play out because even with a strong start by any teams you're not really going to know until mid-October what we have here. 

At some point the tide will turn in the East... and yes, it could be 2015... but it's probably not. 

People are doing that thing they do every March, where the Offseason Champs are crowned.

Remember a few years back, when Philly had the "Dream Team" and people were saying, "Oh my gosh how will any other team compete with that? I know they haven't won a single actual, real football game, BUT OMG BEST TEAM EVA!"

Then they went 8-8 and dumped most of the high profile FAs they signed within two seasons.

If history has proven anything, it's that you can't turn a lousy team around overnight by signing free agents. This isn't like the Colts' situation, where a very good team that was right in the thick of things in 2014 added some pieces for 2015. Fitzpatrick is a better option for them but the Jets still have no QB, and Bowles is a first-time head coach. I'm going to let this whole thing play out because even with a strong start by any teams you're not really going to know until mid-October what we have here. 

At some point the tide will turn in the East... and yes, it could be 2015... but it's probably not. 

I know huh. Some teams get a couple good players, some lose some therefore 2+2 = 3.......

I'm wicked scared of these paper rosters :76evil:

Depends on their QB play. Geno looked solid towards the end of last season when he had Harvin to throw to. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he really steps up his game with Bmarsh there. He still makes too many preventable errors though but I think with another year and camp under his belt that he may make the jump into serviceable territory.

The Jets always seem to play us tight, however we severely outclass them on paper at the moment. It would be a disappointing loss. That division is a huge toss up at the moment IMO. New England's defense lost 2 very solid corners. They gave up 2 games to divisional opponents last year(miami and buffalo) and beat the jets in both games by a combined total of 3 points. I'm not certain that they win that division next year given that the 3 other teams have improved while the Pats have gotten slightly worse on paper. The whole division is likely to eat itself though much like it did last year, so we still may only see 1 team from the AFC East in next year's playoffs. 

I'd be more scared of the Bills or Dolphins than the Jets at this point. 

I think the end rankings will be:

Bills

Patriots

Dolphins

Jets