Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore and Colts have mutural interest (Merge)

CSN Bay Area reports the Colts and free agent Frank Gore have "mutual interest in working toward a contract."

This isn't the first we've heard of a possible Colts-Gore union, and we like the fit. The Colts are legit Super Bowl contenders with Andrew Luck, and Gore is looking for $4 million per year on what will likely be his final contract. GM Ryan Grigson has been known to overpay, whether that's on him or owner Jim Irsay. Coach Chuck Pagano loves his former Miami Hurricanes, and Gore fits the bill.

I guess this would totally push the Murray rumors to a completion. I think he's still got a year or two left in the tank, but I would still like a youngerr RB who has the "star" qualities/potential.  If we do pick him up that still leaves a lot of money on the table.

The board seems split on Gore, I am undecided as well. I don't mind giving Gore 4M$/year, but if Murray goes for 8M$/year, who do you pick? If Murray is 10M$/year then yes Gore for sure, but if he's in the 7-8 range, I think I would rather have Murray. 

I'm Not Crazy about this.

Seems more of the same old same old of NOT acquiring

top playmakers. I know FA doesn't officially start til Tuesday but so far it's been UNDERWHELMING!

We don't need a top playmaker on offense, we need them on defense.

I'm Not Crazy about this.

Seems more of the same old same old of NOT acquiring

top playmakers. I know FA doesn't officially start til Tuesday but so far it's been UNDERWHELMING!

Who is a top playmaker RB? Murray? No way, he is an overrated product of his line. Spiller? He is top injury prone? Peterson? He is still on the Vikings.

Lol. He's a 30 something RB, which means his best days are behind him. And I'm sure the 49ers OL was better than what he will see here.

I don't think he has 5 seasons left or anything, but that dude just keeps going. To quote Jim Ross "He's tougher than a $2 steak."

I don't think he has 5 seasons left or anything, but that dude just keeps going. To quote Jim Ross "He's tougher than a $2 steak."

LOL. I loved "Good Ole JR". He was the voice of wrestling back when the WWF/WWE was awesome.

Yup.

Source indicates the #49ers are bracing to lose Frank Gore. Has an offer on the table from the #Eagles averaging $5M+, $7M in guarantees.

how is a 32 year old rb gonna keep up in chip's system. another stupid move by the eagles. their batting three for three

Yup.

Source indicates the #49ers are bracing to lose Frank Gore. Has an offer on the table from the #Eagles averaging $5M+, $7M in guarantees.

Sounds like the Eagles deal is what I thought we might offer Gore...

3/12m.     Salaries of 1.5/2/2.5 and a SB of roughly 6m 

Feels about right.     If these numbers are even close,  I'm impressed that Grigson is showing such restraint.

No, thank you.  Not at $4 mil/year

The only thing and I mean the ONLY THING that gives me any good feeling about a deal like that is the fact that Gore has been the model of consistency.

Other than that, I dont want to dish out that kind of dough to him especially after we were able to snag Bradshaw for peanuts.