Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. Hilton Rehires Drew Rosenhaus as his agent

indyagent17

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is going to cost us to keep him around. I would imagine 6-8 Million at a minimum

What are your thoughts?

I don't think we'd be able to get away with 6 to 8 million.  

Honestly if this guy pushes for too much we should consider letting TY walk or trading him as much as I hate saying that.  Teams that spend huge amounts on WR's can find themselves in trouble.  

I honestly think we should top out at 10 mil and let him walk if he wants more.  

Honestly if this guy pushes for too much we should consider letting TY walk or trading him as much as I hate saying that.  Teams that spend huge amounts on WR's can find themselves in trouble.  

No. Honestly, I don't think we can afford to lose TY. At all.

Honestly if this guy pushes for too much we should consider letting TY walk or trading him as much as I hate saying that. Teams that spend huge amounts on WR's can find themselves in trouble.

No way, we have to pay him. He is the second most important player on offense after Luck

T.Y. will command $10 mil. per year almost anywhere, he is a game breaker that will demand double teams and make it easier on teammates, period.

Sorry but he is not worth 10 mil per year. You pay that to a #1 WR. TY is a great WR, but he is not a #1 WR. He simply doesn't have the build for it at 5-9 180 pounds. I would do 7, maybe 8 mil per year max.

No way, we have to pay him. He is the second most important player on offense after Luck

With thinking like that, Indy will be taken and not be able to compete for the SB.  

Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Percy Harvin, Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, and Brandon Marshall are not delivering Championships for their team.  

Jordy Nelson at 9.76 mil per year was the highest paid WR in either conference championship game.  

I really think 10 mil is where we should max out with TY.  If we get into the mindset that we HAVE to have him back then we will overpay and lose.

Only 2 of the 7 WR's at 10 mil or more APY managed to collect 1000 yards.  One was Calvin Johnson who's getting quarterback money and the other was Vincent Jackson who just barely edged out over 1000 yards. 

With thinking like that, Indy will be taken and not be able to compete for the SB.

Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Percy Harvin, Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, and Brandon Marshall are not delivering Championships for their team.

Jordy Nelson at 9.76 mil per year was the highest paid WR in either conference championship game.

I really think 10 mil is where we should max out with TY. If we get into the mindset that we HAVE to have him back then we will overpay and lose.

Only 2 of the 7 WR's at 10 mil or more APY managed to collect 1000 yards.

Those teams are bad because they have bad QBs. Not because they paid their WRs.

Matt Stafford is good

Carson Palmer is solid (albeit he was injured for much of the year.)

You are right about the Jets and Percy Harvin. . . although he was cut from the Seahawks this year too.  Percy Harvin is easily the most overrated player in the NFL.

Ryan Tannehill is solid

Alex Smith is solid

You are right about VJax

Jay Cutler is solid.  

So 2 out of 7 have bad QB's.  Stafford is good, at the very least above average. . . the rest are solid starters.

Matt Stafford is good

Carson Palmer is solid (albeit he was injured for much of the year.)

You are right about the Jets and Percy Harvin. . . although he was cut from the Seahawks this year too. Percy Harvin is easily the most overrated player in the NFL.

Ryan Tannehill is solid

Alex Smith is solid

You are right about VJax

Jay Cutler is solid.

So 2 out of 7 have bad QB's. Stafford is good, at the very least above average. . . the rest are solid starters.

Jay cutler is solid?

I would go with the transition tag. We can match the offer or get two first rd picks. He would get like around 12 million in salary under the tag if we keep him but we can then work a long term solution out and rework that first year once he is under the roof. If we lose him two first rd picks would benefit us a lot....I think Allen and Fleener would be much cheaper and easier to get under contract.

Luck and Vontae are the only two untouchables on this team. Everyone else is replacable....not that I want to but I believe we can.

Quick name me a QB who is currently a backup that you would start over Jay Cutler.

Known players only . . . you can't pick someone like Jimmy Garapolo or Brock Osweilder who've never really played enough to gauge their talent.

So if you aren't a backup qb you are solid? Then you eliminate the young guys for some reason. Interesting. I would take Matt H over cutler right now especially if you take contracts into account. With the weapons the beara have there is no reason to have a poor offense. I can't think of many people that would classify Cutler as solid.

So if you aren't a backup qb you are solid? Then you eliminate the young guys for some reason. Interesting. I would take Matt H over cutler right now especially if you take contracts into account. With the weapons the beara have there is no reason to have a poor offense. I can't think of many people that would classify Cutler as solid.

If you can't find someone better then you in the backup ranks you are solid.  

The young guys are only eliminated if they havn't played. . . and the reason is that you can't tell how good someone like Jimmy Garapolo is unless he's played in a few games.  He's never played.  '

Not taking contracts into account.  Just a question of who's better.

Matt H. in his last year which he had any significant playing time was 138 of 221 (62.4%) for 1367 yards (6.2 YPA), 7 TD's (3.2%) and 5 Int's (2.3%) with a 81 passer rating.  Pretty good for a backup. 

Cutler last year was 370 of 561 (66%) for 3812 yards (6.8 YPA) 28 TD's (5%) and 18 Ints (3.2%) He has a 88.6 passer rating from last year which is the 2nd best of his career.  Better on all levels.  

Cutler gets blamed because people don't like him.  But he's a solid QB.  

Mark Sanchez, Kirk Cousins IMO

Do me a favor and look up their stats in the last year that they saw any significant playing time. . . say over 100 attempts.  

I took a quick look at both and the only stat that they had any advantage was YPA.  

Jay Cutler isn't a like-able guy. . . so he gets treated at worse then he is. . . 

Sanchez is a FA this year. . . think the Bears want to sign him as their starter and get rid of Cutler when cap considerations allow?

Think the Bears will be trading for Kirk Cousins to make him their starter?  I'm sure they could give up a 4th for him and get him. . . if not less.

Do me a favor and look up their stats in the last year that they saw any significant playing time. . . say over 100 attempts.

I took a quick look at both and the only stat that they had any advantage was YPA.

Jay Cutler isn't a like-able guy. . . so he gets treated at worse then he is. . .

Sanchez is a FA this year. . . think the Bears want to sign him as their starter and get rid of Cutler when cap considerations allow?

Think the Bears will be trading for Kirk Cousins to make him their starter? I'm sure they could give up a 4th for him and get him. . . if not less.

you just said name some backups better then Cutler IMO with the bears talent Sanchez and Cousins would do better then him

you just said name some backups better then Cutler IMO with the bears talent Sanchez and Cousins would do better then him

Then you fully expect the Bears to start a different quarterback on week 1 of the 2015 season?  Seeming how both of those guys would be easy and cheap to obtain there is no reason for them not to do so.  

Those guys are not better then Cutler. . . I don't think the Bears front office will see it that way.  In fact I'm guessing that none of the front offices will see it that way.  

Then you fully expect the Bears to start a different quarterback on week 1 of the 2015 season? Seeming how both of those guys would be easy and cheap to obtain there is no reason for them not to do so.

Those guys are not better then Cutler. . . I don't think the Bears front office will see it that way. In fact I'm guessing that none of the front offices will see it that way.

nah they will keep him and let him throw a million picks again when he has Marshall and Jeffery

nah they will keep him and let him throw a million picks again when he has Marshall and Jeffery

He threw 2 more Int's then Andrew Luck.

Granted Luck threw for more TD's and had a higher TD percentage and a lower Int percentage.  But no one is saying Jay Cutler is on Andrew Luck's level.  

But 28 TD's (5%) and 18 Int's isn't terrible (3.2%)

His interception rate for last year is tied with Nick Foles and Phillip Rivers at 3.2%.  How come no one talks about Phillip Rivers as an interception machine?  He even threw for the same total # of interceptions.

He had a better Int rate then Kirk Cousins (4.4%) and Mark Sanchez (3.6%) whom you would rather have.  

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-interception-rates/2014/

I maintain that Cutler is underrated because he's just not a likeable guy, so every bad thing he does gets inflated. .  . If he throws 1 pick you would think he threw 3.  

those team can have either of those qbs and win. The fourmula is having the best all around team offense, defense, special teams. Everyone buys into the media hype that quarterbacks do it all, yes you do need a good quarterback, but it's a TEAM game. Rodgers Brees Brady manning Luck doesn't matter if they don't have the team they aren't winning a Super Bowl.

I really think 10 mil is where we should max out with TY.  If we get into the mindset that we HAVE to have him back then we will overpay and lose.

Only 2 of the 7 WR's at 10 mil or more APY managed to collect 1000 yards.  One was Calvin Johnson who's getting quarterback money and the other was Vincent Jackson who just barely edged out over 1000 yards. 

If you want to keep your quality talent that you drafted and developed, eventually you're going to have to pay them. I don't think you let a player like Hilton walk unless he wants ridiculous money. 

I was hopeful that we could get him for $8-9m/year, but now it looks like it's going to be in the $10m/year range. Not the most exciting news of the day, but it's still tenable. Contract structure and guaranteed money is more important than an extra couple million a year, anyways.

Also, I'm not all that impressed with the other agent. His most noteworthy clients are Johnny Manziel and Geno Smith (before Geno fired him right after the draft), and some of his other guys are caught up in off the field stuff (Joseph Randle, for instance). Not that any of this is his fault, but he doesn't have an impressive book of business right now. Rosenhaus might be a greedy bloodsucker, but he's at least reputable. And some of his clients have taken early money at a little bit of a discount -- Gronkowski, Antonio Brown, Navorro Bowman...

TY definitely did this to make sure he gets top$ on his next contract!  That really sucks...  Not that he isn't good but if they're asking   10-12M I would almost say let him walk, if Moncrief and Carter do really well next season!  Why wont TY be a team player and take a discount?

I would not expect any player to be a team player and take less then he's worth.  

Honestly our best chance is to try and extend him this offseason when concerns of future injuries in the next season create an automatic discount.  When they have seasons left to play most players would rather take the big extension right away and might give up a little bit of money just so that they can get the money now rather then risk taking a big injury next season and killing their value.

TY has been paid next to nothing for his production in NFL terms.  Unless he's saved his money extremely well (difficult considering his family size) he's likely not even a millionare and likely doesn't have enough money to retire on even if he is frugal.

So he should be more then willing to give up a million or 2 in order to get the big money deal now.  

That being said, it will still likely cost us close to 10 million.