Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IF we do win Sunday...

RockThatBlue

Who would you rather play? Packers or Seattle?

I'd rather play the packers honestly. I don't see us or even the pats having much success against that defense.

I think green bay would be the better match up. Their defense is better than it has been but not exactly dominant like Seattle's.

I'd probably rather play Green Bay. Rodgers is better than Wilson but Seattle's defense is stronger. I like the way our O-line has played the last 2 weeks but I still think Seattle's defensive front could be too much for them. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

Give me Seattle mostly because if GB beats Seattle in Sea., they'll be red hot and A.Rodgers will be healthy. We can shutdown Seattles offense and that LOB isn't the same on the road/neutral field... But beating NE in NE will be the tougher test than the two NFC teams in Arizona....... I love how Indy is playing right now, looking like the '06 Colts, mediocre reg. season defense playing lights out in post season, we just don't have the running attack we had with Addai/Rhodes.. But I truly believe with a serviceable Boom Herron and The Incredible Andrew Luck, Chuck can be hoisting that Lombardi sooner than expected! GO COLTS!

Give me Seattle mostly because if GB beats Seattle in Sea., they'll be red hot and A.Rodgers will be healthy. We can shutdown Seattles offense and that LOB isn't the same on the road/neutral field... But beating NE in NE will be the tougher test than the two NFC teams in Arizona....... I love how Indy is playing right now, looking like the '06 Colts, mediocre reg. season defense playing lights out in post season, we just don't have the running attack we had with Addai/Rhodes.. But I truly believe with a serviceable Boom Herron and The Incredible Andrew Luck, Chuck can be hoisting that Lombardi sooner than expected! GO COLTS!

Granted similar to 06. But we have never won the AFCCG at NE before.

you can't know that, especially about rodgers' injury..

i'll be rooting for GB in NFCCG, i can't stand seahawks, LOB, sherman and seahawks bandwagon "fans"...

as far as who we match up better with, i think it really doesn't matter, both teams are strong and would present a challenge..

and mostly, the worst thing that could happen for me would be a patriots-seahawks superbowl cause both teams couldn't lose... not sure if i'd stay up all night to watch that.. 

Look at the QBs the Seahawks faced this year, it shouldn't be a surprise they "got hot" the last half of the year. Here are their good wins:

Green Bay (week 1)

Broncos (week 3)

Here's the other QBs they beat in order:

Cam newton (week 8)

Derek Carr

Eli manning

Drew Stanton

Kaepernick

Mark Sanchez

Kaepernick

Ryan Lindley

Shaun hill

Cam newton

I'm not impressed and I'm hoping for them way before Green Bay.

I think we match up better with Seattle.  Their WR's arn't that good so if we can lock them down in man coverage and just concentrate on not letting Wilson or Lynch get loose we should be able to play good defense.  

Green Bay might not have as good of a defense as Seattle but they have both a powerful passing game and a good run game.  If Rodgers can't find an open guy (which is rare) he can just give the ball to Lacy and he can run it.

Seattle lives and dies on it's run game, it's passing game only exists when teams start stacking the box heavy. The passing game is just good enough to make their offense functional.  But they are fairly 1 dimensional.  

No matter what I don't want to see NE or SEA in the SB.  If it is those 2 I will not be watching.  I hope others think the same way!  The media wants these 2 teams there because the pretty boy Tom Brady (media's old favorite) VS. Russell Wilson (media's new favorite).  Same with NE and SEA as a franchise! 

No matter what I don't want to see NE or SEA in the SB. If it is those 2 I will not be watching. I hope others think the same way! The media wants these 2 teams there because the pretty boy Tom Brady (media's old favorite) VS. Russell Wilson (media's new favorite). Same with NE and SEA as a franchise!

NE vs Seattle would just be the absolute worst thing. Ugh.

I think we create matchup nightmares for Seattle, especially with our TEs. Luck's mobility combined with his pocket presence and arsenal of weapons make it really difficult for their DBs, and I think they're a little more vulnerable against the run than people realize.

As for Green Bay, getting into a shootout against Aaron Rodgers with the Super Bowl on the line is a scary proposition, although it would make for fantastic television.

Actually, I think we match up with Seattle and their defense just fine. Green Bay would be a tougher match up  in my opinion because of their offense and the savy Aaron Rogers.  However, I believe if the Colts beat New England then they will not be denied by the NFC rep.  The Pats are the toughest matchup for us period.  If we get past them...sky's the limit. 

Green Bay. With our lack of a pass rush at times, Russell Wilson will have infinite time to run around in the backfield waiting for something to open.

Plus the fact that Seattle has a more dominant defense, especially how well they've played these last couple of months. Yeah yeah, Colts beat them last year, zzzz.

Packers for 2 reasons:

1) Their D is not on the same level as Seattle

2) I cannot stand another year of having to hear Seattle fans. The more they win, the larger the bandwagon gets.

Try living in the NW.  It's awful.