Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the Super Bowl is Pats/Seahawks, who do you want to win

Paulballs

I can see that was just saying NE was the first football bandwagon

Actually no.

You want to talk bandwagon, the 90's Cowboys were even worse than the Patriots of today. And that bandwagon never really died. It comes back around anytime Dallas can win 10 or more games.

I don't think anyone really likes the Patriots outside the east coast. They are universally hated through out.

I would pull for Seattle in this SB which is what I expect to see.

If we ever get an AFC title game that don't revolve around the league's 2 favorite QB's, I could be a bit happier.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually no.

You want to talk bandwagon, the 90's Cowboys were even worse than the Patriots of today. And that bandwagon never really died. It comes back around anytime Dallas can win 10 or more games.

I don't think anyone really likes the Patriots outside the east coast. They are universally hated through out.

I would pull for Seattle in this SB which is what I expect to see.

If we ever get an AFC title game that don't revolve around the league's 2 favorite QB's, I could be a bit happier.

kinda true alot of cowboys fans are fans even when they suck no one have a crap about NE till they started winning

The three he won never get erased no matter how many he loses. He has the third most in NFL history. That is cemented with only the chance to be tied for the most ...

Ya, and he can also tie for most loses. Could he go for the most? well he play for another 3 years?

Of course, every single stat and record in football is a team accomplishment. Even the frivolous stupid records. Where do they come up with some of these

Ya, and he can also tie for most loses. Could he go for the most? well he play for another 3 years?

Of course, every single stat and record in football is a team accomplishment. Even the frivolous stupid records. Where do they come up with some of these

Most losses would be the Bills and Vikings with 4. He only has two right now.

Most losses would be the Bills and Vikings with 4. He only has two right now.

If you're referring to SB losses by teams, I believe that Denver has lost 5. It was 4 losses before Elway won two before retiring. At least Denver won a couple; Vikes and Bills have not. Isn't there another team that lost 4?

If you're referring to SB losses by teams, I believe that Denver has lost 5. It was 4 losses before Elway won two before retiring. At least Denver won a couple; Vikes and Bills have not. Isn't there another team that lost 4?

Denver lost 3 under Elway and 1 under Peyton. Elway is 2-3 in SBs.

So, Vikes, Broncos, Bill have all lost 4 SBs.

Patriots, as a franchise, lost 1 vs the 85 Bears and twice with Brady. So, they are sitting at 3 SB losses as a franchise.

By the same QB on the same team is just Kelly and Tarkenton and then Elway with 3.

Patriots, as a franchise, lost 1 vs the 85 Bears and twice with Brady. So, they are sitting at 3 SB losses as a franchise.

They also lost in 96 with Bledsoe to Green bay.

Broncos lost one before Elway. I believe they have lost the most SBs as an organization. But I get that the thread was referring to QBs losing SB.

Broncos lost one before Elway. I believe they have lost the most SBs as an organization. But I get that the thread was referring to QBs losing SB.

The Pats have four total SBs loses - 85, 96 and the two with Brady. So 3-4. Killer to think we could have 7 rings and top the Steelers. :(

I was tracking only the bills Jim Kelly had the most. If he loses this one, will he play long enough (3 years), to get back again to have the possibility of tying that?

I don't know. He definitely will play next year. Beyond that, who knows? I never thought I would see Manning look like he did this season ...

Pats fan here. I can say that if the Colts beat us Sunday, I would root for the Colts. Call me old fashioned, but I would rather a team from my conference win over the NFC. Of course, there are a few teams in the AFC which I would probably always root against, but the Colts are not one of them. But all things being equal, I'll root for the conference team.

The Pats have four total SBs loses - 85, 96 and the two with Brady. So 3-4. Killer to think we could have 7 rings and top the Steelers. :(

Dont forget the 2006 AFC Championship game...the winner of that was already the SB champ...so 8.

Or, if Archie never had kids, Brady would have 6 by himself...Damn Mannings!!!!!

Well remember after 9/11, when the Patriots won the SB? The country actually did like us. All that Patriotism after the attack and how fitting the "Patriots" to win the SB. But the problem is they kept on winning, and you know when you are built up and don't go away, people/media get sick of you and they can't wait for the fall. People have been waiting for the fall for a while, and during this season @ KC people finally thought the fall was upon us, only to find out it wasn't.

But just think, 6 AFC Championship appearances since the 2001. 5 Super Bowl appearances since 2001. Since 2001, only the Jets and Miami have won the division, each once. Since 2001, five 13+ win seasons, including a 16-0 season. The big 21 game win streak. I mean this team has had it's share of success and then some. So yeah, at some point you are going to be hated. Hate us for winning, hate us for our coach, etc. But at the end of the day, numbers speak. Stats speak.

They've had a great year. IF they don't win it all this year, nobody cares about the run they had from October onward. Brady will get more flak about not winning a SB for a decade, etc. It will probably be worse this year if we don't win it all. So yeah, I'm aware of all the bad press we'll get and I'm hoping to avoid that by keeping on winning.

If they don't win ever again, I've had my fill. I'm 38 and lived through some bad years in the early 90s and in my adult life, pretty much have only known success with this team. But some people will live double that time without their team doing half as much, so in that respect I've been lucky, and probably spoiled.

That guy who said he'd want a meteor to hit the stadium, I like that idea.

As an aside, "meteor" in this case is the correct terminology. It's a pet peeve of mine. People often misuse asteroid, meteor and meteorite. An asteroid is a chunk of rock in space. A meteor is a chunk of rock that has entered Earth's atmosphere. A meteorite is a chunk of rock that is left on the ground after (meteor) impact. Just don't land on Brady or Gronk!

As an aside, "meteor" in this case is the correct terminology. It's a pet peeve of mine. People often misuse asteroid, meteor and meteorite. An asteroid is a chunk of rock in space. A meteor is a chunk of rock that has entered Earth's atmosphere. A meteorite is a chunk of rock that is left on the ground after (meteor) impact. Just don't land on Brady or Gronk!

Another scientifically accurate poster, this I like.