Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bills request to interview Pep Hamilton

Dustin

Not knocking Pep but other than the Rooney Rule why would a team want to interview him for a HC gig?

Because he could easily be a head coach of the Bills.

He's a legit head coaching candidate who, for some reason, gets knocked around on this board way too much.

I can't think of any other reason...just fulfilling league obligations.

. So one of the top offenses in the NFL, accomplished with a patchwork Oline isn't an accomplishment worthy if HC consideration? I guess people would be more comfortable with a retread HC instead? If everyone thought of Pep as a vocal minority around here, I see no reason why he would want to stay. If he gets a HC gig, it's because he is deserving of the chance, and not the Rooney Rule.

. So one of the top offenses in the NFL, accomplished with a patchwork Oline isn't an accomplishment worthy if HC consideration? I guess people would be more comfortable with a retread HC instead? If everyone thought of Pep as a vocal minority around here, I see no reason why he would want to stay. If he gets a HC gig, it's because he is deserving of the chance, and not the Rooney Rule.

On NFL net  today, they were reviewing all the ex-HCs, OCs, and DCs who were interviewing last week and this upcoming week...and they never even mentioned Pep Hamilton's name.

Not knocking Pep but other than the Rooney Rule why would a team want to interview him for a HC gig?

Does it really need to be explained to you? No matter what your opinion of him is that is not the opinion of most of the NFL and those who know it better than you or me.

On NFL net  today, they were reviewing all the ex-HCs, OCs, and DCs who were interviewing last week and this upcoming week...and they never even mentioned Pep Hamilton's name.

So you really think the NFL net knows all? Pep's name has been mentioned more than a couple of times. As much hate as he gets from some PC GMs I am surprised most would be happy. IMO Luck does not need a 3rd OC in his 1st. 4 years.

On NFL net today, they were reviewing all the ex-HCs, OCs, and DCs who were interviewing last week and this upcoming week...and they never even mentioned Pep Hamilton's name.

For the love of all that is Holy...

He has no scheduled interviews because the colts are still in the playoffs.

You know...Pep's not the only black coach in the league.  There's plenty other blacks that are currently available that a team could interview if the sole reason was to satisfy the Rooney rule.  The fact they are seeking to interview Pep over most other black coaches should tell you that he's a desired head coach candidate. 

This is dumb. They could just skip waiting for him or any other black candidate still in the playoffs and just "interview" any random black coach/coordinator who's team is no longer playing, if it were truly just about fulfilling the Rooney Rule

I won't comment any further about how I really feel about some of these comments. I'll just say it makes me wonder...

You know...Pep's not the only black coach in the league.  There's plenty other blacks that are currently available that a team could interview if the sole reason was to satisfy the Rooney rule.  The fact they are seeking to interview Pep over most other black coaches should tell you that he's a desired head coach candidate. 

It does I bet but Canucks hate for Pep is clouding his thinking.........Overzealous and fan usually go hand in hand ya know

I find it ridiculous that any time a black person gets an interview for a HC gig so many people scream Rooney Rule.  

I guess black people can't be legit head coaching candidates.

The Bills are also interviewing Hue Jackson who would also fulfill their obligation. 

Stop your nonsense.

I find it ridiculous that any time a black person gets an interview for a HC gig so many people scream Rooney Rule.  

I guess black people can't be legit head coaching candidates.

The Bills are also interviewing Hue Jackson who would also fulfill their obligation. 

Stop your nonsense.

I agree with you.  

People should be interviewed on the basis of their achievements, not their ethnicity-which is why the Rooney Rule needs to go.  There was a time for it in the past, perhaps, but not really anymore.  

The responses in this thread and the Raiders thread about Pep and the Rooney Rule are shameful and disgusting. Fine if you don't like Pep, and don't think he's ready, but say it in a way that isn't so disrespectful. For months, Pep has been floated as a HC candidate. It is completely unsurprising he is getting interview requests if you'd pull your head out of the sand.

I agree with you.

People should be interviewed on the basis of their achievements, not their ethnicity-which is why the Rooney Rule needs to go. There was a time for it in the past, perhaps, but not really anymore.

No it shouldn't go. Just like gender employment laws shouldn't go. Sure society progresses but white men run the show. There has to be safe guards against regression and to keep positive momentum.

Buffalo isn't going to hire Pep Hamilton..

...Pep will eventually be a head coach but these are just warm up interviews for down the line when he really has a chnace

He has a great chance this year. He's just as ready to be a head coach as most other candidates.

No it shouldn't go. Just like gender employment laws shouldn't go. Sure society progresses but white men run the show. There has to be safe guards against regression and to keep positive momentum.

I see your point. You believe that any women or "minorities" cannot make it on their own achievements and potential.  

Our president is mixed race, not fully white and not fully black-so much for white men running the show.

Affirmative action (and policies like the Rooney Rule) is insulting.   Would Pep be interviewed because they think he's possibly good enough for the job or is it his ethnicity?  Due to the Rooney Rule, we'll never know.

Like labels, do you?  Let's label everyone and not allow one to make it on their own accords, or would you rather judge someone by their performance?  Talk about regression.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, January 4, 2015 - political
Hidden by -JJ-, January 4, 2015 - political

I see your point. You believe that any women or "minorities" cannot make it on their own achievements and potential.

Our president is mixed race, not fully white and not fully black-so much for white men running the show.

Affirmative action (and policies like the Rooney Rule) is insulting. Would Pep be interviewed because they think he's possibly good enough for the job or is it his ethnicity? Due to the Rooney Rule, we'll never know.

Like labels, do you? Let's label everyone and not allow one to make it on their own accords, or would you rather judge someone by their performance? Talk about regression.

Yeah. Where would the president be without the civil rights act?

You're dumb if you think racism isn't still rampant.

Its only getting worse as of late

Racism is a word that the media throws around without defining it or giving evidence of its existence in its claims.  The word means nothing anymore as it's used so flagrantly.  Ricker referred to the Civil Rights Act of 1964; at that time, this was a necessary piece of legislation to pass.  It is still effective but to indicate that more legislation is needed due to some unspecified claim is absurd.  If there is discrimination that is proven, there is enough legislation and policies to deal with it.  Claiming some "it happened or didn't happen due to racism" (whatever it may be) is a childish method of handling problems.  

Racism definitely has been a part of the American culture.  Does it exist in some circles?  yes, within all each ethnicity.  It is no longer "institutional" as the media would love to have you believe.  

To keep this discussion relating to the NFL, I'll refer back to the Rooney Rule.  Pep Hamilton, an offensive coordinator who may be interviewing for an HC job with the Bills.  Is he being interviewed because of his ethnicity or because what the GM perceives as his ability to coach a team?  Are they checking the Rooney box or do they have faith in Pep?  

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, January 4, 2015 - racial
Hidden by -JJ-, January 4, 2015 - racial

Racism is a word that the media throws around without defining it or giving evidence of its existence in its claims. The word means nothing anymore as it's used so flagrantly. Ricker referred to the Civil Rights Act of 1964; at that time, this was a necessary piece of legislation to pass. It is still effective but to indicate that more legislation is needed due to some unspecified claim is absurd. If there is discrimination that is proven, there is enough legislation and policies to deal with it. Claiming some "it happened or didn't happen due to racism" (whatever it may be) is a childish method of handling problems.

Racism definitely has been a part of the American culture. Does it exist in some circles? yes, within all each ethnicity. It is no longer "institutional" as the media would love to have you believe.

To keep this discussion relating to the NFL, I'll refer back to the Rooney Rule. Pep Hamilton, an offensive coordinator who may be interviewing for an HC job with the Bills. Is he being interviewed because of his ethnicity or because what the GM perceives as his ability to coach a team? Are they checking the Rooney box or do they have faith in Pep?

Im with you in everyway, I just didnt want to go to far into the subject being its a forum, but its getting worse due too "race baiters" such as Al Sharpton. I dont beleive racism is nearly as bad as the media makew it seem