Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dez Bryant vs Vontae Davis

RockThatBlue

Dez has the most receiving TDs (13) this season  to go with his 1148 yards.

I don't think Vontae can keep him from reaching the end zone.

It depends on game flow. If there is no pressure in Tony's face, he gives Bryant a better chance with 1-on-1s. If it is like the Redskins game where there is constant A gap blitzing, Romo has issues. That is why I was surprised that the Eagles, who are a blitzing team, did not blitz enough

It depends on game flow. If there is no pressure in Tony's face, he gives Bryant a better chance with 1-on-1s. If it is like the Redskins game where there is constant A gap blitzing, Romo has issues. That is why I was surprised that the Eagles, who are a blitzing team, did not blitz enough

Right. No corner is going to stay with a stud WR if the QB has all day to throw. We have to put pressure on Romo somehow.

The Cowboys have the right formula on offense, great WR, great RB, great TE, and a very good Oline. If their QB doesn't turn the ball over they're hard to stop. Super Bowl offense. I'm still not sure if their D is smoke and mirrors or legit?

We'll beat the Cowboys. 

They really don't have much on offense outside of Dez Bryant, and maybe Witten.

To me they are not that great of an offense once you slow the run game down. Sure

they have a big offensive line, but they don't block very well on obvious passing downs.

I really like some of the improvements we've made recently against the run.  I think we can

slow them enough in the run game to cause 3rd and long situations. Romo is not the same

with pressure all in his face.

I think their defense is average.  They only have like 20 plus sacks on the year, so if that trend

continues I look for Luck to pick those zones apart.  I also think we'll be able to run the ball if we

make the same kind of commitment that was made against Houston.

I see no reason why we can't win as long as we limit the turnovers.  It's a good test to have late in the season.

I am not sure Vontae will even be matched up against Dez. The Colts keep Vontae on the right side and Toler on the left side. 

The Cowboys would be dumb not to line Bryant up against Toler. Dez has to be licking his chops against that matchup. Toler has been struggling lately. 

I am not sure Vontae will even be matched up against Dez. The Colts keep Vontae on the right side and Toler on the left side. 

The Cowboys would be dumb not to line Bryant up against Toler. Dez has to be licking his chops against that matchup. Toler has been struggling lately.

They move Bryant all around, but Toler might end up retiring after this week.

Let's not kid ourselves. Stopping DeMarco Murray is our #1 goal, hands down.

Cowboys' OL has been running against some real good DLs, so we have our work cut out for us on run D. If we turn the ball over, the Cowboys will just run and make us pay for it and then run some more all day.

Stop the run and stop turning the ball over on offense, can't do that against solid teams.

Hopefully we see the typical December Cowboys, not this new and improved one that actually can win!

That is wishful thinking!!! These Cowboys can run the ball much better, that has been the singular difference from years past. They can stay patient and not take risks and be more efficient in passing due to 1-on-1s that their running generates for them across the board.

That is wishful thinking!!! These Cowboys can run the ball much better, that has been the singular difference from years past. They can stay patient and not take risks and be more efficient in passing due to 1-on-1s that their running generates for them across the board.

I'm curious to see if Murray is able to play. Reportedly he's having hand surgery but hasn't been ruled out.

Im not all doom and gloom but this is going to be a very tough game.  I really don't see us winning.  If Murray can't go our chances increase dramatically, but you saw the Cowboys just own the Eagles, Right?  Dez Bryant is the best WR our secondary has faced all year.  It's very difficult for our D Line to stop a good rusher, let alone the best in the game right now (if he plays).  The Cowboys are neck and neck with Phi and fighting for their division and a playoff birth.  This is not the typical Cowboys, nor can you take the previous December record into account.  Some Colts players might take a sigh of relief after last week of wrapping up the division.  Especially that it looks like our shot at anything above the 3 seed is almost unattainable at this point.  If the Colts win, it will be a total team effort.  I'm not counting them out by any means, but it's a tall task to stop Bryant, Witten, and Murray.  They're definitely the best team we've played since Patriots.  Also everybit if not better than teams we've lost to in DEN and against PHI.

I'm curious to see if Murray is able to play. Reportedly he's having hand surgery but hasn't been ruled out.

if he does play, he will probably be limited unless the staff goes nuts and gives him 30+ snaps. 

As for Dez, colts should consider double coverage but will have to watch for their TE witten as well 

If Patrick Peterson can shut dez down man coverage without safety help then I fully believe vontae can handle himself. Davis might get a pick with the way romo forces passes to Bryant.

Peterson follows the best receiver all game.. thats why he shut down dez.. vontae doesnt follow the best so he wont see much of dez.. which is another reason vontae gets no respect