Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zach Kerr

3nk1du

Does anybody know why he has been inactive for the last couple of games?

I think it has something to do to Purifoy because since Purifoy got waived Kerr has been inactive, according to S. Holder it isn't a performance thing.

The return of Arthur Jones, and Montori Hughes is playing too well for Kerr to be ahead of him.  Thus he is inactive.

The return of Arthur Jones, and Montori Hughes is playing too well for Kerr to be ahead of him.  Thus he is inactive.

Arthur Jones plays mostly DT but he can play anywhere and Motori Hughes plays NT and DT, Kerr was playing really well DE, considering JRF, Chapman, Redding, Hughes, Jones, those are 5 good DL but Kerr could get a couple snaps but i think this is a disciplinary thing.

Arthur Jones plays mostly DT but he can play anywhere and Motori Hughes plays NT and DT, Kerr was playing really well DE, considering JRF, Chapman, Redding, Hughes, Jones, those are 5 good DL but Kerr could get a couple snaps but i think this is a disciplinary thing.

It's not disciplinary at all.  Who of the people you mentioned should Kerr be playing over? Not Redding, Not RJF, Not Jones, Not Hughes, and Not Chapman.  At the beginning and some of the middle portions of the year he was playing over Hughes, but Hughes is playing pretty well right now.  He's been very hard to block against the run, and has been creating pressure against the pass at times.

You're speculating, there's no evidence or talk of Kerr being benched for disciplinary reasons.

I think it has something to do to Purifoy because since Purifoy got waived Kerr has been inactive, according to S. Holder it isn't a performance thing.

It has nothing to do with Purifoy.

What was up with Reddings boneheaded personal foul on Hoyer. That wasn't very smart for a veteran. Wonder if Hoyer said something. And it didn't look like he was blocking him like the announcers said.

I thought maybe Cory thought the ball was intercepted and he could get a freebie hit on QB.

Steven Holder said exactly what Krunk said. Hughes has been very good these past few games. You don't bench that.

I think that with this year of experience and another training camp Montori Hughes could prove to be a really good pick. He really sheds blockers well and the dude is huge. I'm all for starting him at NT

The link you are trying to make to Purifoy getting cut and Kerr's playing time is mind-numbingly assinine. 

It's not disciplinary at all.  Who of the people you mentioned should Kerr be playing over? Not Redding, Not RJF, Not Jones, Not Hughes, and Not Chapman.  At the beginning and some of the middle portions of the year he was playing over Hughes, but Hughes is playing pretty well right now.  He's been very hard to block against the run, and has been creating pressure against the pass at times.

Why couldn't Kerr play over Hughes or even Chapman?

Why couldn't Kerr play over Hughes or even Chapman?

Kerr is more of DE.  He can play NT, but from the looks I've seen with him at NT in the run game I wasn't that impressed. Still needs to get his technique down. Can't play over Hughes right now because Hughes is playing better than him.  They are not going to pull someone who is playing well for Kerr. Hughes has been making anoticeable impact out there.

I've said this over and over again. The last two games Kerr played he absolutely SUCKED! People talk about people needing to be cut every week but Kerr gets a pass somehow. Kerr is lucky he didn't get released after the Pats game.

Not sure if I will go that far, but in my eye he was getting blown off the ball in the run game.  I think it's more due to technique.

He's got good strength.

Not sure if I will go that far, but in my eye he was getting blown off the ball in the run game. I think it's more due to technique.

He's got good strength.

He got blown off the ball nearly every play he was in. Which is why he got benched in that game and hasn't played since.

He got blown off the ball nearly every play he was in. Which is why he got benched in that game and hasn't played since.

May have hit the rookie wall but it was nice to have him while Jones got healthy. He will be around. The D Line is deep I still think Quarles can contribute if he works in the off season and comes to camp ready to make some noise. That guy gets off the ball quickly.

I've said this over and over again. The last two games Kerr played he absolutely SUCKED! People talk about people needing to be cut every week but Kerr gets a pass somehow. Kerr is lucky he didn't get released after the Pats game.

I wouldn't go that far.  Yes, he is an UFA but I would like to keep him.  I think he will turn out to be pretty decent if he can hang around for a couple of seasons.  I agree with your reference of how everyone goes overboard asking for cuts though.

Hughes sure did not look good on the snaps he got vs the Browns early on, He got rode out of his spot opening up a big hole a few times, 1 for a 6 yard gain(2nd Quarter), one for a 13 yard gain (1st quarter)...He held his ground well at 3:55 of the further 3rd Quarter and drove his man backwards, I'd like to eventually see him more at the 1 or the 3 Technique (He played 1 Tech at 3:49 of the 3rd quarter and did a beautiful swim move, I think his best spots are 1 tech and 3 tech though he can play 0

Hughes sure did not look good on the snaps he got vs the Browns early on, He got rode out of his spot opening up a big hole a few times, 1 for a 6 yard gain(2nd Quarter), one for a 13 yard gain (1st quarter)...He held his ground well at 3:55 of the further 3rd Quarter and drove his man backwards, I'd like to eventually see him more at the 1 or the 3 Technique (He played 1 Tech at 3:49 of the 3rd quarter and did a beautiful swim move, I think his best spots are 1 tech and 3 tech though he can play 0

I don't think he anchors well enough to play nose on a regular basis. He's a much better stack and shed kind of guy, he has really good hands, and he's quicker than you'd think. He has to pull his weight at nose from time to time, and that's part of why he plays over Kerr, but he's definitely better suited to move than to anchor.