Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs. Browns on FOX, not CBS

cbear

Everybody can get FOX and CBS, I don't see what difference it makes

For us in NWI if the Bears are playing at the same time, and the Colts are on Fox, we don't get a broadcast.

If you don't have directv the Colts are usually rebroadcasted on the South Bend CBS affiliate (WSBT).

If you do have Directv, you can't get WSBT (for some reason unknown) so it's got our miss with CBS Colts games. Which is why I resort to Sunday Ticket.

TL;DR If the Bears WERE playing Sunday at noon (1pm ET), those in the Bears market wouldn't get the Colts game.

This will be a tough game against the Browns.  The crowd will be loud against TRich, everytime he runs it will be for 2.4 Yards and they will start in on him, I know how those Clevelanders are, rowdy!  It will likely be cold and we better come to play a hard-nose game against a gritty opponent.  Jackson and TRich should already be fired up just waiting for this match-up.

This will be a tough game against the Browns. The crowd will be loud against TRich, everytime he runs it will be for 2.4 Yards and they will start in on him, I know how those Clevelanders are, rowdy! It will likely be cold and we better come to play a hard-nose game against a gritty opponent. Jackson and TRich should already be fired up just waiting for this match-up.

And Mr. Cribbs! haha it'd be so sick if he returned a kick or punt for a touchdown

And Mr. Cribbs! haha it'd be so sick if he returned a kick or punt for a touchdown

Without it getting called back for a bogus penalty...

ICYMI:

That's awfully odd, but, yeah, why is that a 'pleasant' surprise?

Because the CBS station here is showing Cincinnati vs. Pittsburgh so I was resigned to having to watch red zone only. So yes, it was a "pleasant" surprise when I saw it on the FOX affiliate here.

Everybody can get FOX and CBS, I don't see what difference it makes

There is no difference if you knew to check both networks for AFC only games. I didn't know about these crossover games so I didn't even bother to check FOX. Figure others might not know either.

Because the CBS station here is showing Cincinnati vs. Pittsburgh so I was resigned to having to watch red zone only. So yes, it was a "pleasant" surprise when I saw it on the FOX affiliate here.

Gotcha. I'd still never heard of crossing networks before though.

Glad it works out for you though.

I'm not fond of Fox sports presentations, but I'll watch the Colts regardless.

The colts have to be one of the most penalized teams on special teams. Seems like every game we have 2 or 3 penalties on special teams. Never fails. Other than that our special teams is awesome.

Gotcha. I'd still never heard of crossing networks before though.

Glad it works out for you though.

I'm not fond of Fox sports presentations, but I'll watch the Colts regardless.

Us poor guys in Hawaii don't get many Colts games unless they are big ones. Now if they were in LA, we'd have it made!

I'm confused?  This wks game was on Fox due to an NFC opponent playing an AFC opponent on the road.  Next wks game is on CBS.

AFC vs AFC = CBS

NFC vs NFC = FOX

AFC vs NFC = CBS

NFC vs AFC = FOX

it is written in stone.

edit:  I stand corrected, the above does not pertain to this yr.

I think he was just referring to the cost of living in Hawaii   :D

Yeah... just stop right there.

Having lived in the Midwest my entire life, those words don't compute.       :)

:spit:  Ok, sorry guys.  Yes, I meant it only in terms of very little Colts fans and games in Hawaii, though yes, the cost of living here is ridiculous!!