Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots look like they are going to win

mattceinicram

The Colts just need to take care of their own business...

The chips will fall where they may.

Lots of football yet to play.

I'm sure not enjoying seeing the Pats playing the way they are!

Take care of NYG then get ready to play the Pats at home.

Next two games are very important for the Colts!

P.S. Watching this game just goes to show that even good teams can get it handed to you if you don't execute and out hit the other guys...

Any Given <choose your day>

Broncos fell in the same trap as usual.  No emphasis on the running game trying to be too pass happy.

They don't seem to get it.  Hopefully we don't copy them in our game at Lucas Oil!  Give them something

else to respect besides the passing game and maybe the coverage won't be so easy.

I would like to see the colts beat the Patriots and the officials. That's right, the officials. New England's secondary is taught by the king of marginal play, Bellichec. They hold and make illegal contact on every play. On 3rd or 4th down there are no calls. They get dinged on 1st or second down once a quarter. That is the refs not doing their job correctly. Why does a team like the Broncos stop moving the ball down the field once they step into Gellette stadium? Phil simms say's the same thing now as when Manning was in Indy, "The officials are just letting the players play." Now to the point. Colts had better play so well, the officials cant make a difference in the final outcome.

Unfortunately, there really is very little chance the Colts can beat New England . . . not a good match-up.  As usual, they will stomp the Colts.  More important for the Colts is beating NY and Houston later in the season.  If the Colts can do that they should at least have a shot at the play-offs, unless they come completly apart.  Good luck on Monday night . . . that is the important game, not the game with NE.

Broncos fell in the same trap as usual.  No emphasis on the running game trying to be too pass happy.

They don't seem to get it.  Hopefully we don't copy them in our game at Lucas Oil!  Give them something

else to respect besides the passing game and maybe the coverage won't be so easy.

???

They started out trying to run the ball. It wasn't working. That third possession, they started throwing the ball and finally got a TD. 

I would like to see the colts beat the Patriots and the officials. That's right, the officials. New England's secondary is taught by the king of marginal play, Bellichec. They hold and make illegal contact on every play. On 3rd or 4th down there are no calls. They get dinged on 1st or second down once a quarter. That is the refs not doing their job correctly. Why does a team like the Broncos stop moving the ball down the field once they step into Gellette stadium? Phil simms say's the same thing now as when Manning was in Indy, "The officials are just letting the players play." Now to the point. Colts had better play so well, the officials cant make a difference in the final outcome.

Are you upset that the :colts: have yet to beat the :flyingelvis: in the Andrew era?

This, and this, and this. Exactly on point. And it does come down to coaching, BB is a king in coaching them to be right on the line without crossing it. All night the Pats were physical and got away with a lot. Not saying it made a difference in the outcome but it surely affected things. The non call on the fade to Tamme was a call that Denver should have gotten, but wasn't going to in New England

SMH at the defeatists on this board!!! We haven't even played them and waving the flag? lol....guess they're just "Keeping it real?" Yes last weeks performance sucked but we have beat the "big bad" teams before that no one expected us to beat! Win or lose, we fight!!!!

(we = Colts, Yeah I know that bugs some of you)

???

They started out trying to run the ball. It wasn't working. That third possession, they started throwing the ball and finally got a TD. 

I missed some of it due to family obligations, but most of what I saw was pass heavy offense where the Pats were just sitting back blitzing and playing coverage. The Broncos got a couple TDs off of all that passing, but Peyton was also picked twice.  Maybe if they spent more time trying to establish the running game behind people like Thompson and Anderson instead of getting stuffed with Ronnie Hillman they could have possesed the ball a little longer(or gotten some better passes off the play action) instead of turning all those possesions over to New England on 4th downs and Picks. 

I think the game would have been closer or they would have won.  I don't think you scrap the entire running game because it starts off slow.   The Broncos were one dimensional to me, and to make it so bad they were one dimensional with Julius Thomas and Welker being totally shut down so they really had nothing left but Emmanuel Sanders and Jacob Tamme.  I like Sanders, but there's not a whole lot there after that.

I missed some of it due to family obligations, but most of what I saw was pass heavy offense where the Pats were just sitting back blitzing and playing coverage. The Broncos got a couple TDs off of all that passing, but Peyton was also picked twice.  Maybe if they spent more time trying to establish the running game behind people like Thompson and Anderson instead of getting stuffed with Ronnie Hillman they could have possesed the ball a little longer instead of turning all those possesions over to New England.  I think the game would have been closer or they would have won.  I don't think you scrap the entire running game because it starts off slow. 

Thompson and Anderson haven't been good this year. Hillman starts because he's the best back they have.

I don't know if you plan to go back and watch the game, but they didn't abandon the run. They started out running, it wasn't working, they opened it up a little bit and got a TD. Then Manning made a mistake on the first pick, the Pats scored, the Broncos had a little bit of a drive but had to punt, and Edelman took it back for a TD. The score was suddenly 20-7. The Broncos kept a mix of run/pass on the next drive, even though the run was mostly unsuccessful, then they missed the FG. 

I didn't think they went pass happy, I don't think they abandoned the run, even though it wasn't working at all. I think the game situation mostly dictated what they called, and that's before we even consider the wind. And even if they did get pass happy, it's worth noting that the run game was mostly worthless.

Last year's game, they stuck with the run because it was working. This game was different.

SMH at the defeatists on this board!!! We haven't even played them and waving the flag? lol....guess they're just "Keeping it real?" Yes last weeks performance sucked but we have beat the "big bad" teams before that no one expected us to beat! Win or lose, we fight!!!!

(we = Colts, Yeah I know that bugs some of you)

:flyingelvis:- 2

:colts:- 0

In the Andrew Luck Era

Thompson and Anderson haven't been good this year. Hillman starts because he's the best back they have.

I don't know if you plan to go back and watch the game, but they didn't abandon the run. They started out running, it wasn't working, they opened it up a little bit and got a TD. Then Manning made a mistake on the first pick, the Pats scored, the Broncos had a little bit of a drive but had to punt, and Edelman took it back for a TD. The score was suddenly 20-7. The Broncos kept a mix of run/pass on the next drive, even though the run was mostly unsuccessful, then they missed the FG. 

I didn't think they went pass happy, I don't think they abandoned the run, even though it wasn't working at all. I think the game situation mostly dictated what they called, and that's before we even consider the wind. And even if they did get pass happy, it's worth noting that the run game was mostly worthless.

Last year's game, they stuck with the run because it was working. This game was different.

Superman between two backs they had a total of 13 carries for the entire game.  I'd call it abandoning the running game.

Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs C. Anderson 3 18 6 0 R. Hillman 10 16 1.6 1

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014110208/2014/REG9/broncos@patriots#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000422045&tab=recap

And Anderson was averaging 6 yards per carry with his 3 runs, while Hilman was sitting at 1.6 yards per carry.  I think the focus should have been on the other two backs.  To me it's hard to say the other 2 guys aren't that good when they barely get any carries.  I don't think the Pats are the type of team where you focus all of your rushing attempts on Ronnie Hillman. And yes I am aware he's been running well as of late against other teams, but I had a good feel he wouldn't in this game.

The Pats didn't fare well running the football either but they still attempted the run at least 23 times even thought they were only averaging 2.0 to 2.8 yards per carry.  They did it enough to where it had to be respected.

:flyingelvis:- 2

:colts:- 0

In the Andrew Luck Era

And that means what THIS SEASON? I know you're a closet Patriots fan, that's ok though, they're a good team and I respect their accomplishments.....but we have the tools to beat them just need to execute properly!

Superman between two backs they had a total of 13 carries for the entire game.  I'd call it abandoning the running game.

Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs C. Anderson 3 18 6 0 R. Hillman 10 16 1.6 1

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014110208/2014/REG9/broncos@patriots#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000422045&tab=recap

And Anderson was averaging 6 yards per carry with his 3 runs, while Hilman was sitting at 1.6 yards per carry.  I think the focus should have been on the other two backs.  To me it's hard to say the other 2 guys aren't that good when they barely get any carries.  I don't think the Pats are the type of team where you focus all of your rushing attempts on Ronnie Hillman. And yes I am aware he's been running well as of late against other teams, but I had a good feel he wouldn't in this game.

You didn't watch the game.

Anderson's carries came with the game over, on the final drive of the game. Hillman is their lead back because he's better than the other two, and has been playing better than the other two. They wanted him to be a big part of their offense last year, but he had too many fumbles and got benched. This year, especially with Ball hurt, he's their guy. Nearly 400 all purpose yards the last three weeks, but he shouldn't be the guy? I don't know how that would make sense.

They turned the ball over and had a deficit halfway through the second quarter. They were down 20 points in the third quarter. From that point, they moved away from the run, but that's understandable, especially since the run had been unsuccessful. Maybe they could have used a different back a little bit to open up the second half, but down three TDs on the road, knowing you'll be going into the wind in the fourth quarter? I get why they were throwing, they were trying to cut the deficit before the field flipped. 

Either way, I see why you say they abandoned the run. But every game has it's own identity. I don't think they should have been trying to run the ball more, and I definitely don't think that's the reason they lost this game. Like I said earlier, they started the game trying to run, and were suddenly down 20-7.

And that means what THIS SEASON? I know you're a closet Patriots fan, that's ok though, they're a good team and I respect their accomplishments.....but we have the tools to beat them just need to execute properly!

:lol: "closet :flyingelvis: Fan"

And no, we don't have the tools cause we struggle with TE's and they have a Top 5 TE.

Nothing wrong with admitting a team is better. Patriots are better than the Colts until proven otherwise. Simple

Pats Bronco two losses. We beat Pats and we both have three losses. Just need Broncos to to lose one and its a big old mess!

Number 1 seed is coming to Indy.

Do we have the record to be the #1 seed?

The Steelers also only have 3 losses -- if we beat NE and then NE, Pitt, Denver and Indy all go 13-3, we'd still only be the 3rd seed as we've lost head-to-head vs. Pitt and Denver.  Pittsburgh is playing very good ball lately and Manning will right the ship in Denver.  In all honesty, we will probably not be the #1 seed -- I think we'd have to win out and count on Denver losing 2 or more games, which I think is unlikely.  If we beat the Giants and then the Patriots, there might be a legitimate shot, but if we lose to NE I think our hope at the #1 seed is lost.

:flyingelvis: will be the AFC representative in the SB this year

I don't know -- it is too early to make this prediction.  A lot of parity in the NFL today, I think the health of teams come post-season time is going to dictate a lot of what happens as all the top teams are 1 injured QB and usually just one or 2 injured other players away from being totally different football teams.

The Steelers are looking very solid vs. Baltimore right now and we all saw what they did to us last week -- if Big Ben keeps playing like this and they keep hitting QBs like they've been the past couple of weeks, they're going to be a very difficult team to stop.

:lol: "closet :flyingelvis: Fan"

And no, we don't have the tools cause we struggle with TE's and they have a Top 5 TE.

Nothing wrong with admitting a team is better. Patriots are better than the Colts until proven otherwise. Simple

Patriots look better now, but they sure didn't a few weeks ago. I think you're overrating how good the pats are and underrating the assets of this Colts team. This offense is really good.

That being said, it's gonna be a challenge for the Colts to win. I'm glad it's a home game lol

Patriots look better now, but they sure didn't a few weeks ago. I think you're overrating how good the pats are and underrating the assets of this Colts team. This offense is really good.

That being said, it's gonna be a challenge for the Colts to win. I'm glad it's a home game lol

It's not overrating or underrating anyone

It's no secret Colts struggle with good TE's. So what makes people think a Top 5 TE isn't gonna give us problems? Regardless whether it's in Indianapolis or Massachusetts, it's a fact

Unfortunately, there really is very little chance the Colts can beat New England . . . not a good match-up.  As usual, they will stomp the Colts.  More important for the Colts is beating NY and Houston later in the season.  If the Colts can do that they should at least have a shot at the play-offs, unless they come completly apart.  Good luck on Monday night . . . that is the important game, not the game with NE.

Do you understand how the playoffs and seeding work? The game with NE is very important for seeding purposes.