Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

luck vs wilson

CR91

Exactly. I have gotten old doing Manning/Brady.

I am not going to fall into Wilson/Luck. Thats for the next generation.

Let's pass the baton to the next generation of fools. We fulfilled our task of being fools for some time now. 

BTW  Cake > Pie 

Your move, pie people. 

Surprised he won actually given how much the public seems to put behind super bowls and wins.

But I suppose that a lot of people recognize the advantage that his epic defense gives him.  (If you look at stats his defense is one of the best in NFL history and belongs in the same breath as the '00 Ravens and the '85 Bears.)

I don't know if we've completely seen all of what Wilson can do though.

They honestly don't need him to make that many throws and their system makes those throws easier because of the run game.

That doesn't mean he's limited, that just means they don't need to do it.  If Trent could run the ball like Lynch and our defense could keep the average opponent limited to 17 points a game, I guarantee Pep would be doing the same thing.  

i don't disagree with anything you stated. I am a Luck over Wilson guy. just stating the fact both are doing the jobs they are asked to do. one protect the ball and make plays the other go big or go home.

I wouldn't say Luck is 'go big or go home', Luck has to manage games for us, too -- he is very rarely 'go home' (he went 11-5 in year 1 and 2).  Luck has done a better job with a much lesser team (Wilson came into a team that was 7-9, Luck came into a team that was 14-2 -- As rookies, Wilson had the 4th ranked defense in the league, Luck on the other hand had the 26th ranked D in the league -- Wilson had 3rd ranked running game, Luck had the 22nd ranked running game. In year 2, Wilson had the #1 ranked D, Luck had the 20th ranked D, Wilson had the 4th ranked run game, Luck had the 20th ranked run game....

The fact Luck was able to win 22 games in that span is outstanding.  You put Wilson on our team, with our line, I don't think he'd still be healthy, and I don't think we make the playoffs either year.  You put Luck on the Seahawks, we're talking dynasty.

I agree with you that Wilson has excelled in what he's been asked to do, but it is nothing compared to what Luck has had to do.  I disagree that Luck is a 'go big, or go home' QB -- one of his best games in the NFL was versus the 9ers last year when Luck threw for 159 yards, no TDs, no INTs -- he simply put us in the right situations at the line and made very good decisions throughout the game.  Fortunately, we had our run game going and our D stepped up that game, but my point is, Luck isn't always 'go big, or go home' -- often times he has to go big and the majority of those times he comes out with the win, but he's proven he can win without having to go big, too.

Let's pass the baton to the next generation of fools. We fulfilled our task of being fools for some time now. 

BTW  Cake > Pie 

Your move, pie people. 

wth? LOL! I'm not ashamed to admit that I make one heckuva chocolate cake from scratch.

Flour, cocoa, sugar, real butter and a few other ingredients, for the icing it's powdered sugar,

real butter, cocoa and a little bit of milk spread over a thin layer of peanut butter. :cake:

wth? LOL! I'm not ashamed to admit that I make one heckuva chocolate cake from scratch.

Flour, cocoa, sugar, real butter and a few other ingredients, for the icing it's powdered sugar,

real butter, cocoa and a little bit of milk spread over a thin layer of peanut butter. :cake:

You had me at peanut butter! That sounds amazing.

So I guess Luck/Wilson is the new Manning/Brady. Sorry but I just don't have the stamina to argue about it for the next 12 years.

Makes you wish the Patriots had drafted Wilson. At least they share our fatigue with this debate, it's a novel controversy to Seahawks fans.

Surprised it's not more than 58% for Luck. I don't even think it's close. Sure Wilson is a quality starter, and much better than anticipated, but talent and intelligence wise it's not close.

Good grief. Wilson thinks much faster than Luck, has touch, and throws much more often to the receivers #`s. Like Bortles.

Surprised it's not more than 58% for Luck. I don't even think it's close. Sure Wilson is a quality starter, and much better than anticipated, but talent and intelligence wise it's not closeI

You don't think It's close!!!!  Im Luck fan to but come on my man,  and enlighten me please on the part where he is less talented and Lucks intelligence is far more superior.  This is a most hear for me

To end all the discussion.

Colts fans, would you trade Luck for Wilson? No.

Seahawks fans, would they trade Wilson for Luck? In a heartbeat, Yes.

It's that simple. 

I don't know of any Seahawks fans who would trade Wilson for Luck and I don't think Pete Carroll would either. 

Wilson is the perfect quarterback for the Seahawks and Pete Carroll's system.  He's smart, accurate, rarely makes mistakes, has complete command of the offense, and plays exactly as he's coached to play.  He's done nothing but win since he's been there.  What would Luck bring to the table the Wilson doesn't for the Seahawks?

Really getting annoyed of the qb vs qb argument. Peyton vs Tom and now Russell vs Andrew. Bottom line for years most of the argument has leaned toward Brady having the better team and now Wilson. Sometimes I wonder are we fans of the qb or the team. Personally I would once like to say the colts are the best team and not acknowledge the other team is better, then people can think whatever. As long as the TEAM is getting their due respect, could care less about these one on one debates!

For me, the ironic thing is this: Skip Bayless on ESPN First Take loves to claim that Luck has been prematurely coronated as the next elite QB & yet Skip raves endlessly about how smart RW is, how he avoids the big hits, & makes good decisions with the football.

Skip I saw RW play at Camp Randall at UW-Madison a lot as a graduate student. He's good, but he darn sure isn't elite. Put him on the Browns or Jags & let's see him win a SB. Jesus Skip, Andrew Luck has an inconsistent line, a hit or miss running game, & he is always expected 9-10 times to win from behind. Luck is bleeping amazing given his surrounding cast which doesn't always catch passes when they are needed the most. I love INDY as a squad & I am not slamming any unit BTW or player etc.

Did you see what RW did when the Broncos D started sacking him yesterday. He turned into a mortal not a QB god & let's see what RW does when he gets his fat new contract & all those defensive & secondary pieces start to disappear because they can't afford to keep all these premier pieces on their roster. Luck gets hit all the time, does more with less, & he always gives us a shot to win. I revere Andrew forget RW because Luck can take a beating & still wins tight games every single Sunday baby. :blueshoe::thmup:

Oh & before anyone says that winning a SB ring makes a QB elite I say look at Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, & Phil Sims not upper crust field generals at all in my estimation. So RW winning a ring says more about his surrounding cast of Lynch, Chancellor, & Sherman than him alone.

I think Skip just hates the Colts. He did nothing but rag on Peyton the whole time he was our quarterback. Now that he's in Denver he's the best in the world. It's Andrew's time to face Skip's wrath now. As long as Luck is a Colt he'll be a worthless piece of garbage in Skip's eyes

the question originally was..Luck vs Robert Griffin..

..then ...for awhile....it was Luck vs. Cam Newton.......

...Now ..in more than one place..the comparison is Luck vs. Russell W...

The only constant in media paralells of the top young QBs is Andrew Luck.

What does that tell us?

That media loves to create controversy and debate otherwise nothing

The majority of that is vs teams that would struggle in the SEC. Next wk, we're back to playing a real nfl team. Let's see how that goes

So when the Colts and Luck dominate against a team that they should, it doesn't really count. Well, how many teams are the Seahawks better than? Almost every team in the NFL? So those games shouldn't count for Wilson right?

I don't know of any Seahawks fans who would trade Wilson for Luck and I don't think Pete Carroll would either. 

Wilson is the perfect quarterback for the Seahawks and Pete Carroll's system.  He's smart, accurate, rarely makes mistakes, has complete command of the offense, and plays exactly as he's coached to play.  He's done nothing but win since he's been there.  What would Luck bring to the table the Wilson doesn't for the Seahawks?

He would be a QB that doesn't have to run around like a POP Warner player to spot his receivers. 

The majority of that is vs teams that would struggle in the SEC. Next wk, we're back to playing a real nfl team. Let's see how that goes

1yrdandacloudofdust
adjective
not correct or true:
"that is the 1yrdandacloudofdust answer"

synonyms: incorrect · mistaken · in error

Pop Warner player? Come on now :funny:

Often QB's that are 5'10 -5'11 have a very difficult time seeing past the LOS . Unless I've been seeing things . Wilson who is that height , often has to leave the pocket and scrambles around . The way he keeps plays alive sometimes reminds me of what I saw in Pop Warner football. I didn't call him a Pop warner player ... if anything it was a bit of a sarcastic compliment. 

I wouldn't say Luck is 'go big or go home', Luck has to manage games for us, too -- he is very rarely 'go home' (he went 11-5 in year 1 and 2).  Luck has done a better job with a much lesser team (Wilson came into a team that was 7-9, Luck came into a team that was 14-2 -- As rookies, Wilson had the 4th ranked defense in the league, Luck on the other hand had the 26th ranked D in the league -- Wilson had 3rd ranked running game, Luck had the 22nd ranked running game. In year 2, Wilson had the #1 ranked D, Luck had the 20th ranked D, Wilson had the 4th ranked run game, Luck had the 20th ranked run game....

The fact Luck was able to win 22 games in that span is outstanding.  You put Wilson on our team, with our line, I don't think he'd still be healthy, and I don't think we make the playoffs either year.  You put Luck on the Seahawks, we're talking dynasty.

I agree with you that Wilson has excelled in what he's been asked to do, but it is nothing compared to what Luck has had to do.  I disagree that Luck is a 'go big, or go home' QB -- one of his best games in the NFL was versus the 9ers last year when Luck threw for 159 yards, no TDs, no INTs -- he simply put us in the right situations at the line and made very good decisions throughout the game.  Fortunately, we had our run game going and our D stepped up that game, but my point is, Luck isn't always 'go big, or go home' -- often times he has to go big and the majority of those times he comes out with the win, but he's proven he can win without having to go big, too.

In regards to Luck I am not just talking about winning the game/stat line. i am talking about certain throws. He will force the ball in there and it will be a 80yd TD and it looks like he is the greatest thing ever, then the next series he will try to force the ball and it ends up right in the defenses hands and you think WTH.... he is a gunslinger... nothing wrong with it. Just Wilson seems to always go for the safe plays.  I agree with everything else you said. I will also say Luck's gambles usually payoff either way it makes for exciting Colts football.