Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now we lost the Trade in my opinion!

But......

Trent showed what he could do with some blocking last week vs. the Eagles.

A lot of people forget he is still young!

He got drafted the same year as Andrew and others.

(Like the member above stated) should be merged with T Rich Thread.

How? The Browns took a Overrated Benchwarmer with the pick....... Where did we lose?

Manziel probably won't last in the NFL very long so I think given what was taken and given, we won

Now if you're talking what if's.... Then we lose cause easily could've kept the pick and traded up or back in the draft and got 1-3 people who'd contribute immediately on defense or offense

How? The Browns took a Overrated Benchwarmer with the pick....... Where did we lose?

Manziel probably won't last in the NFL very long so I think given what was taken and given, we won

Now if you're talking what if's.... Then we lose cause easily could've kept the pick and traded up or back in the draft and got 1-3 people who'd contribute immediately on defense or offense

He'll probably last longer than Richardson. What other team would even want him as a starter?

And Dee Ford was available. Some DBs were available. Better rbs were available. Good Olinemen were available.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000396711/article/colts-acquired-trent-richardson-one-year-ago-today

On Sept. 18, 2013, Indianapolis Colts general manager Ryan Grigson pulled the trigger on a deal that sent a first-round pick to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for running back Trent Richardson.

Thoughts? 

Thoughts?

--Did this really require a new thread?  Granted they have since been merged, but still...really?

--This horse has been beaten to death, resuscitated, beaten again, buried, dug up, beaten yet again, cremated, the urn has been destroyed and now you're just hitting a pile of ashes with a bat.

I've seen flashes of brilliant running from TR, but he frequently runs east & west not north & south & that does trouble me. Bradshaw runs north & south behind the exact same line with no fumbles issues. Why can't TR?

I'm not done with TR & I do love his attitude & work ethic, but he looked terrific in his 1st Colts game vs the Niners & I can't comprehend how brief flashes of excellence can't translate into a longterm trend of reliable running. 

Thoughts?

--Did this really require a new thread?  Granted they have since been merged, but still...really?

--This horse has been beaten to death, resuscitated, beaten again, buried, dug up, beaten yet again, cremated, the urn has been destroyed and now you're just hitting a pile of ashes with a bat.

Jason, 

I just think Lollygagger wanted Colts fans to chime in with their assessment of now in hindsight they would have made the same trade based on his current track record here in INDY. Lollygagger is trying to figure out do we cut bait completely on TR or continue this reclamation RB project? Potential vs cut your losses & move on...A valid question to mull over especially when previous coaching regimes & GMs had difficulty looking in a new direction for solving our running woes. 

If you asked me to encapsulate the problem, INDY has sometimes been to emotionally attached to players being a swell role model in the community vs actually producing on the field. We can't get too sentiment to players. Reasonable strides must be made on the field & we cannot coddle guys who are either injury prone or are not progressing. Bob Sanders is a perfect example of this. A player left on our roster far too long. JMO. 

As much as it kills me to admit this, NE excels at knowing when to cut players loose & we need to be more objective in our scrutiny process & reaching benchmarks of progress much faster in players. Yes, NE has made mistakes. I will acknowledge that, but I do respect their non sentimental approach to keeping or cutting players. 

Jason,

I just think Lollygagger wanted Colts fans to chime in with their assessment of now in hindsight they would have made the same trade based on his current track record here in INDY. Lollygagger is trying to figure out do we cut bait completely on TR or continue this reclamation RB project? Potential vs cut your losses & move on...A valid question to mull over especially when previous coaching regimes & GMs had difficulty looking in a new direction for solving our running woes.

If you asked me to encapsulate the problem, INDY has sometimes been to emotionally attached to players being a swell role model in the community vs actually producing on the field. We can't get too sentiment to players. Reasonable strides must be made on the field & we cannot coddle guys who are either injury prone or are not progressing. Bob Sanders is a perfect example of this. A player left on our roster far too long. JMO.

As much as it kills me to admit this, NE excels at knowing when to cut players loose & we need to be more objective in our scrutiny process & reaching benchmarks of progress much faster in players. Yes, NE has made mistakes. I will acknowledge that, but I do respect their non sentimental approach to keeping or cutting players.

It still got merged with the all encompassing Trent thread though. ;)

and there is zero chance the Colts would have taken Manziel

How the Browns used the pick means nothing. Who was available at that spot determines the pick's value.

I've seen flashes of brilliant running from TR, but he frequently runs east & west not north & south & that does trouble me. Bradshaw runs north & south behind the exact same line with no fumbles issues. Why can't TR?

I'm not done with TR & I do love his attitude & work ethic, but he looked terrific in his 1st Colts game vs the Niners & I can't comprehend how brief flashes of excellence can't translate into a longterm trend of reliable running. 

Actually Trent had 35 yards on 13 carries vs San Fran....2.7 ypc and no catches

Thoughts?

I'll make sure I check with you before I post anything again. Sorry you got all butt hurt. 

for the past year I've been biting my tongue and keeping quiet, telling myself just give him another chance. The fact is, he doesn't have good vision and he doesn't hit the hole. We were all expecting a big improvement this year and he looks like he's had only minimum improvement. Not good enough for a 3rd year #3 pick.

Bradshaw has looked miles better yet they give Trent 2 runs on 1st and 2nd down on our last drive?!?! The staff seems to keep starting him solely because they gave up a 1st round pick. I commend the staff for staying patient with him and giving him all the confidence he needs, but it's time for them to bench him. He's hurting way more than helping. We have a great backup RB. START BRADSHAW!

Bradshaw is coming off a neck injury, so RB by committee benefits him and his health, so honestly I have no issues whatsoever with the way our RBs are being utilized at this point.

Bradshaw 9 for 65 7.2 AVG

TR 14 for 57 4.1 AVG

Another 100+ game for the dual attack ... It was nice today because he had no fumbles and we were also able to pass the ball around!

He was 10-53 at one point. Both him and Bradshaw busted one for 27 yards. I like how we are using them. Trent is not going to blaze you with speed but he will fight and claw for every yard and eventually wear the d down. Then Bradshaw busts out his speed. Which he packs some power also. They both get stuffed in the backfield on plays here and there. Not sure if it's the formations or what exactly.

If this has been pointed out already I apologize, I haven't gone through every page... I predicted last year T-Rich would be better this year, and it is happening.  I remember last year so many saying Donald Brown was a better back, and pretty horrible things about Richardson.  So this year I just wanted to do a side by side after 3 games to see what things looked like.  Won't lie don't watch the Chargers so really didn't know.

D. Brown 41 carries on the season 80 yards

T. Richardson 41 carries on the season 156 yards

Guess we kept the better back after all.... I believe in Richardson and feel he's starting to come into his own!

If this has been pointed out already I apologize, I haven't gone through every page... I predicted last year T-Rich would be better this year, and it is happening.  I remember last year so many saying Donald Brown was a better back, and pretty horrible things about Richardson.  So this year I just wanted to do a side by side after 3 games to see what things looked like.  Won't lie don't watch the Chargers so really didn't know.

Guess we kept the better back after all.... I believe in Richardson and feel he's starting to come into his own!

Thank you for posting this!!  I just hope certain "not so smart" fans can admit they were wrong.  Still not great stats by Trent but they will get better.  Furthermore when he continues to do good, I don't want to hear those same "fans" saying Trent is a beast.  Its so funny how people are so radical (fire the Chuck/Pep, Grigs, Trent is a bust)  All of them will eat their words...

Don't count your chickens yet

Cmon brother. Jury is out whether he can ever be a great runner. But as long as he doesn't start constantly turning it over or blow out his knee, he looks to be a solid contributor, likely to acheive well over 1000 all purpose yards this year. Between him and Bradshaw we have two 3 down backs, meaning we spell them between drives keep them fresh all game and (ideally) all season.

Time to get on board the Colts ground game gravy train, ride it to the big win.

Comparing them when they are on two different teams and Brown has only got significant playing time in one game? Sounds fair.

Cmon brother. Jury is out whether he can ever be a great runner. But as long as he doesn't start constantly turning it over or blow out his knee, he looks to be a solid contributor, likely to acheive well over 1000 all purpose yards this year. Between him and Bradshaw we have two 3 down backs, meaning we spell them between drives keep them fresh all game and (ideally) all season.

Time to get on board the Colts ground game gravy train, ride it to the big win.

If he can hit league average this season then I will admit he is average.

I just hope Bradshaw can stay healthy.

If this has been pointed out already I apologize, I haven't gone through every page... I predicted last year T-Rich would be better this year, and it is happening. I remember last year so many saying Donald Brown was a better back, and pretty horrible things about Richardson. So this year I just wanted to do a side by side after 3 games to see what things looked like. Won't lie don't watch the Chargers so really didn't know.

I can only imagine brown with this run blocking