Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how butthurt you guys get when faced with the cold hard facts. It never ends it a quality debate, it always goes back to childish ways "LOL BROWNS SUCKS HUE HUE HUE".

Grow up. 

lol what the heck is "hue hue hue" all about?  Anyway, it's not that anyone (or me at least) is butthurt.  It's just that people throw out the YPC like it's the end all be all of all statistics for a RB.  Yes, it's a measure of an RBs production, and Trent needs to be more productive.  I don't think Le Neon or most anyone else for that matter is arguing that Trent's doing great.  But an RBs YPC is dependent on other guys on the team, and he has had some decent runs where there was room to run and on others, he has missed a cut back or his OL blocked poorly.  But the reason its' frustrating is, you make that argument and people just keep banging the table with the YPC argument.  Like, It's been acknowledged, the least people can do is acknowledge the counter-point.  But no, instead, people call it making excuses and the like.  Which is kinda weird since everyone is so ready to excuse Luck's getting hit in the backfield all year last year because the OL was terrible.  I'm not sure why Luck gets the pass and Trent doesn't, even though Luck and Trent are just as culpable at times for getting hit in the backfield.  It just gets old, not to mention incorrect, to hear that an RBs YPC is a reflection based solely on the RBs efforts.  That's just not true by any stretch of the imagination.  It's a reflection of the entire blocking unit as well.  If one guy misses an assignment, no matter if it's Trent, Cherilus, or whomever, the whole play gets blown up.  And that fact seems to be lost among so many on these boards.

the colts have had several different rb's over the last two years that have gotten a lot of carries with the same offensive line, so they have all seen the same type of defenses at some point. it's just not correct to say certain backs only face one kind of defense over 50-100 carries over the course of a year, it evens out over that many carries. ALL the other backs have performed much better than richardson. how many time have you see a stacked line and the back breaks through for a long td run. all these supposed stacked lines for tr and his longest run is 32 yards in 455 carries!! he just isn't that good, it was a terrible trade, so lets see some other backs with the first team.

the colts have had several different rb's over the last two years that have gotten a lot of carries with the same offensive line, so they have all seen the same type of defenses at some point. it's just not correct to say certain backs only face one kind of defense over 50-100 carries over the course of a year, it evens out over that many carries. ALL the other backs have performed much better than richardson. how many time have you see a stacked line and the back breaks through for a long td run. all these supposed stacked lines for tr and his longest run is 32 yards in 455 carries!! he just isn't that good, it was a terrible trade, so lets see some other backs with the first team.

:facepalm: No. No it doe not. Our O-line has been in a massive flux over the past two years.  So to say that it evens out regardless of who is in front, is utterly ridiculous.  On top of that they do NOT see the same defenses.  When Brown was our main back, he was horrid and people hated on him.  Then he became the 3rd down back type guy that lined up more in passing formations than running formations and all of a sudden everybody is like OMG hes the next AP!!  maybe not to that extent but it was ridiculous how quickly people forgot.  But guess what...as soon as he became the main back again, his YPC dropped significantly back down to his 3.2-3.6 average.  How many times in the past two years that you are refferring to have you seen any of our backs run through a stacked line and go for a long run.  No one has. The ones Brown had, were because he was in a passing formation without a stacked box. You cant argue on a specific point and then try to back it up with a widespread broadstorke statement, remain on topic and on a relevant point when you try to validate your side of the argument.

But to humor you, please show me across the NFL how often a RB not name AP, McCoy, or Charles, runs straight through an 8 man box for a long TD run. 

You put another back in there with our O-line constantly letting people through and hitting them in the backfield, you will see our run game drop even worse.  Very rarely does TRich not gain positive yards after being hit as soon as he gets the ball, which happens a lot. 

• 3 weeks later...

Richardson should be able to put up good numbers on Monday. Eagles defensive line isn't great.

That defense gave up 67 yards on 25 carries last week......2.6ypc....There linebackers are the key, they don't overpursuit, They are disciplined. I'd run a little Zone runs at them and an end around to TY to counter the Eagles speed

That defense gave up 67 yards on 25 carries last week......2.6ypc....There linebackers are the key, they don't overpursuit, They are disciplined. I'd run a little Zone runs at them and an end around to TY to counter the Eagles speed

They played the Jaguars last week.

They played the Jaguars last week.

True but its not like we have the best Secondary around, I mean Davis is good of course, Toler is alright (I'd still like an upgrade to be in place at some point) and our Safety situation is kinda a mess and they have Trent Cole, Demeco Ryans, Im hoping Trent shows out this week if he gets enough carries. Im just not expecting it

I know we keep talking about the Offense the fumble TRich had and the O-Line and Lucks INT it was a bad game. I came out of the Broncos game feeling as good as you could after a lost but this one was heart breaking!

The Big thing I saw in both games was we don't have speed on D! No we have never had a great D that everyone talks about but we did have DE and LBs that had speed and I don't see that this year. I understand we have injuries!

The last thing I will say and I know that 0-2 is bad but colts nation we have a lot to look forward to! I believe in our upper management to get this right.

Gruden made the comment, "he needs to ATTACK the line" and that has been the gripe since day one. He did show more second effort lasrt night and the holes he was given compare to the Grand Canyhon holes Philly gave their RBs is worth noting. Very disappointing performance by what looked to be a tired team. If they are tired now heaven help later.

Trent probably wishes he was back in Cleveland, the OL is blocking for the run.  Zone blocking scheme with a good cut back lane.  We used some of this early in game, 34 and 44 had good success.  Eagles did not expect this much running, talk about it at half time and made adjustments.  When 34 or 44 got the ball in the second half, defenders were in backfield waiting on them.  Not all their fault YPC is low.  We have a million dollar QB and Rec. core and a hundred dollar OL.

Was this TRich's break out game? He ran pretty well minus the fumble. :cheer2:

I'm one of his biggest fans on the board, always thought he was capable of being very productive for us. But the one thing that will make him drop on the depth chart is putting the ball on the ground. He can't do that against Jacksonville or Tennessee.

for the past year I've been biting my tongue and keeping quiet, telling myself just give him another chance. The fact is, he doesn't have good vision and he doesn't hit the hole. We were all expecting a big improvement this year and he looks like he's had only minimum improvement. Not good enough for a 3rd year #3 pick.

Bradshaw has looked miles better yet they give Trent 2 runs on 1st and 2nd down on our last drive?!?! The staff seems to keep starting him solely because they gave up a 1st round pick. I commend the staff for staying patient with him and giving him all the confidence he needs, but it's time for them to bench him. He's hurting way more than helping. We have a great backup RB. START BRADSHAW!

Trent is going to do just fine.  I've argued my points til Im blue in the face!  I guess I have to wait just alittle bit longer until this team settles down in the middle of the regular season and reflect on his stats.  I think he played very well minus the fumbles last night.  Some fans just dont understand certain situations.  Im not making excuses for him, but I will be sure to be the one calling out some of these so called colts fans on this forum when he starts to breakout.  Look at our schedule, if he doesnt have at least 500 yards by week 7 I would be shocked.

Trent is going to do just fine.  I've argued my points til Im blue in the face!  I guess I have to wait just alittle bit longer until this team settles down in the middle of the regular season and reflect on his stats.  I think he played very well minus the fumbles last night.  Some fans just dont understand certain situations.  Im not making excuses for him, but I will be sure to be the one calling out some of these so called colts fans on this forum when he starts to breakout.  Look at our schedule, if he doesnt have at least 500 yards by week 7 I would be shocked.

We have been warned

Gruden made the comment, "he needs to ATTACK the line" and that has been the gripe since day one. He did show more second effort lasrt night and the holes he was given compare to the Grand Canyhon holes Philly gave their RBs is worth noting. Very disappointing performance by what looked to be a tired team. If they are tired now heaven help later.

Are these same commentators that bash one RB for not attacking the line but then praise others and state is wisdom and maturity for letting holes develop? Ya I'm not listening to them.

In just one season the Browns have 3 running backs on the roster better than Richardson.

Tate

West

Crowell

West is tied for 4th in the league in rushing and he was the 2nd string player to start the season.

They also have a ten fold better O line, but you know, who cares about that right?

They also have a ten fold better O line, but you know, who cares about that right?

Meh they don't have a starting QB on there roster at this point either, Browns have a much more athletic O Line however but Crowell, Tate and West have more of a burst then Trent upon hand off, Personally I like my o linemen to be more athletic then what we currently have (outside Holmes whos not healthy)

Meh they don't have a starting QB on there roster at this point either, Browns have a much more athletic O Line however but Crowell, Tate and West have more of a burst then Trent upon hand off, Personally I like my o linemen to be more athletic then what we currently have (outside Holmes whos not healthy)

I notice the burst more than anything. The quick twitch. Bradshaw seems more like our burst guy while Trent is the sledgehammer. He can wear you down and punish you. Then Bradshaw will burst past you. Which he's a tough runner also. Not sure if it cause Trent has gained to much weight. Never was that fast. Or just not hitting the hole full speed.

I notice the burst more than anything. The quick twitch. Bradshaw seems more like our burst guy while Trent is the sledgehammer. He can wear you down and punish you. Then Bradshaw will burst past you. Which he's a tough runner also. Not sure if it cause Trent has gained to much weight. Never was that fast. Or just not hitting the hole full speed.

I don't think he hits the hole with full speed consistently, He seems to be still getting his timing down with Andrews snap and hand off at times, Trent is often late to run out of his stance in the backfield best I can tell (part of this is I noticed is do to Trent doing this little jumping move prior to him running up to receive the hand off like he is using that move to accelerate or something...by then Linebackers are already in place and whatever holes existed were immediately closed)......Not 1 reason for his struggles in my opinion, I think there have been multiple reasons, He ran well last night however.....marred by 2 fumbles 1 of which was a turnover......So Im hoping he runs well next week without the fumbles

Relax, I was just kidding

I'm not mad, I'm just saying theyre alot of Trent haters on here and he's my favorite player so I will be one of the few to support him through bad times.  I know what he is capable of and believe he will deliver very shortly.  In the meantime I'm sick of hearing about every little thing he does wrong, when half of it isn't his fault.  Fumbles from the other night, that's inexcusable when the game is on the line, but that and his subpar O-line last year is not his fault.

I'm not mad, I'm just saying theyre alot of Trent haters on here and he's my favorite player so I will be one of the few to support him through bad times.  I know what he is capable of and believe he will deliver very shortly.  In the meantime I'm sick of hearing about every little thing he does wrong, when half of it isn't his fault.  Fumbles from the other night, that's inexcusable when the game is on the line, but that and his subpar O-line last year is not his fault.

I heard he farts in church.   ;)

I hope you are right.  I'm not a T Rich fan, and have felt he's a flop.  I hope that he proves you right though, as the Colts need a good running game to set up the play action, supposing that the coaches remember what that is.

Were you an Alabama fan who followed Trent to Indy?  I am just curious how Trent becomes your favorite Colt? I can understand why people root for him to be good; I just don't get how Trent (a player who hasn't done much of anything) leaps over guys like Wayne, Mathis, Redding, etc ... to become someones favorite player.

Were you an Alabama fan who followed Trent to Indy?  I am just curious how Trent becomes your favorite Colt? I can understand why people root for him to be good; I just don't get how Trent (a player who hasn't done much of anything) leaps over guys like Wayne, Mathis, Redding, etc ... to become someones favorite player.

Funny story, I hate Alabama but I see the talent this man has.  Don't get me wrong I like Mathis, Wayne, and Luck, but those are fan favorites, who get enough love.  Theres way too many people to criticize what he does wrong and never compliments him for doing anything right.  I think Trent is coming along this season (minus the fumbles), and you will start to see more that our 2 hardest games of the schedule is already out of the way.  Next up Jax and Tenn, this should be fun :)

I heard he farts in church.   ;)

I hope you are right.  I'm not a T Rich fan, and have felt he's a flop.  I hope that he proves you right though, as the Colts need a good running game to set up the play action, supposing that the coaches remember what that is.

Farting in church is rude lol but Im curious how you heard that!  Pep and Chuck need to figure out they have one of the best offenses in the league and have the pass setup the run.  Theres no reason we shouldn't come out in our 2 minute offense and put 14 pts on the board in the first quarter.  While teams are playing from behind and already established an aerial assault then we would see gaping hole for our backs in the O-Line

As of now we lost the Trade in my opinion!

But......

Trent showed what he could do with some blocking last week vs. the Eagles.

A lot of people forget he is still young!

He got drafted the same year as Andrew and others.

(Like the member above stated) should be merged with T Rich Thread.