Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Colts Comeback Game was your favorite?

ColtsHappy

AFCCG against NE because of the stakes and emotion of it. But I was just thinking about this today, I would say of my top 5 favorite comebacks 3 are from the Luck era: GB, Detroit and KC. TB and NE from the Manning era.

Special shout outs to the 4th and 2 game and the Rosencopter game.

That Detroit game I was certain we'd lose and then the td as time ran out was heart attack material

We were down like 3 scores with about 5 minutes to go. The only reason the Colts/Lions game is not discussed with the Colts/Bucs game is because it was not on prime time. 

What has always amazed me about Peyton's comebacks is how quickly they happened.  Against Tampa and Houston, they were down 3 scores with only a few minutes left.  They came back so quickly that they still had to fend off a late drive in each of those games.  In 06 against NE, they were down 18 late in the first half but had the game tied early in the third quarter. 

With Luck, it seems like his comebacks have been more sustained and have taken more time.  Hopefully Indy will get to the point where a Luck comeback is not needed.

I will go with the Bucs game because we beat the defending Super Bowl Champion. More importantly Meshawn Johnson was mic'd up and talking smack about Marvin. Saying in head to head games with receivers in the same draft class he has beaten them all. Marvin made Meshawn look the fool. I just want throw in the 97 game against defending Super Bowl Champion Packers with Brett Farve. We beat them in the dome at an 0-10 season so far with back-up QB Paul Justin replacing an injured Jim Harbaugh.

My top 5:

Tied-

1a.  2003 Colts vs. Bucs  the reigning Super Bowl champs- Top D vs. Top O, Tony Dungy returns to Tampa Bay, on MNF

1b.  2112 Colts vs. Detroit Lions  (less drama than 1a though)

***************************************************************************************************************************************************8

2006 Colts vs. Patriots AFCCG  Epic second half showing versus a nemesis

2112 Colts vs. GB Packers Coltstrong!  Chuckstrong!!

1995 Colts vs. Miami  wk 6, Captain Comeback (Jim Harbaugh) bests Marino, Cardiac Kids barely make it to P.O. and AFCCG, lose to Steelers on last play Hail Mary

2013 Colts vs. KC Chiefs P.O.