Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Jackson highlight reel

Nesjan3

Hey guys, now i know we have a gracious member on board here that posted film for individual games on most of our draftees, but this guy is my favorite pick. I think he brings a mean mentality that  we are lacking on defence and i think he will develop in to a great run stopping ILB which also this team needs. So heres some more highlights.

Surprised to see a couple great plays in coverage from him.  Knew he had the reputation as a big hitter and a run stopper, but the coverage skills give me more hope that he can be a starter one day.  Love how he wraps up on tackles too.

Hard to tell for sure but he looked pretty fast. He's a lot more lean that I expected.

Can't wait to see him in August.

Hes listed at 255! he does not look that big but he hits like it, Grigsons said his 40  was not good but in tight spots he moves fast.

Hes listed at 255! he does not look that big but he hits like it, Grigsons said his 40  was not good but in tight spots he moves fast.

I was expecting to see a Division 2 DT playing ILB, slow, plodding, run stopper.

Instead he looked mobile. Still, it's hard to tell. Except for Tennessee they didn't face too many good teams. Big difference playing against NFL speed and size.

Well I'm not quite sure how some of these conclusions are being drawn from a single youtube video - much less 10 - but he looked okay. The level of competition wasn't that great but at least he is aggressive. I'll be mildly surprised if he sees any significant minutes this year. We've got some pretty good LBs. 

Well I'm not quite sure how some of these conclusions are being drawn from a single youtube video - much less 10 - but he looked okay. The level of competition wasn't that great but at least he is aggressive. I'll be mildly surprised if he sees any significant minutes this year. We've got some pretty good LBs. 

What conclusions? People just showing their excited to see these kids play

We need this type of attitude on are D. I am sick and tired of nice guys Colts Defense. I hope his attitude is infectious.

we got rid of nice guys after polian left. Slot receivers have to pay extra life insurance every time they play us because of Laron landry, QB's have to change their throwing motion every pass so they don't break their arm from Mathis's Tomohawk smash, and O lineman will be bamboozled when they see that sinister grin arthur jones sports on every play.

hell step up and play if d'qwell  or freeman goes down or even if d'qwell j retires early 

Think he could be Jackson's replacement he can start off slow get in on some run downs DJack is supposed to be good in coverage so the Prez has two years to become a complete player learning the game from a true pro.

I think our front 7 is starting to come around. They seem to think Newsome can add a pass rush McNary will get his shots. I like what we are doing on D feels like we are adding good depth on the front 7.

I expect Howell to play well if we can keep the back end healthy I could see a big jump on D this year. Hopefully we hit on one of the UDFA Cox/Lyn or get some depth after cuts. Maybe one of the in house guys steps up but it feels like we are moving in the right direction.  

Watching a youtube video on a player does not make any of us experts nor does it allow anyone to truly evaluate a player... For all we know these could be the only decent plays he has made throughout his entire college career and the rest of the time he was flat-out terrible.... We just dont know... That is what OTA's and training camp are for, our coaching staff will decide who is best suited to start because that's their jobs and they are the experts, not any of us from watching 4 minutes of youtube.

Good to see another WKU Hilltopper given a shot at the big show.  You can't tell a whole lot from these little bits of highlight video, and it looked like he was unblocked on a lot of those plays.  He does look like a thumper with attitude though, and he might just find a home in Indy.

What conclusions?

see_below_header_rounded.jpg

-i think he will develop in to a great run stopping ILB -

Would be a shame if he didn't play this season.

hell step up and play if d'qwell  or freeman goes down

An outstanding run-stopper - has soft-hands

AFCS opponents... say goodbye to running up the middle

we got rid of nice guys after polian left. Slot receivers have to pay extra life insurance every time they play us because of Laron landry, QB's have to change their throwing motion every pass so they don't break their arm from Mathis's Tomohawk smash, and O lineman will be bamboozled when they see that sinister grin arthur jones sports on every play.

His tackling was awful last year.  He got beat in coverage so many times it was embarrassing.  If he gets a bead on someone while they are in the midst of a catch, then yeah...they'll pay.  But other than that, I wouldn't be too worried if I was a slot receiver. 

Hey Freeman came from the CFL, so why not Jackson from WKU? 

Ya, looks like he knows what "playing downhill" means. Nice pass coverage skills too. This is just a small sample but ya, looks good.

He almost came out as a junior read where he was expected go in the 4-5 round last year deeper draft this year. WKU has sent some players to the NFL. They sent 5 this year including UDFA's. I think we might have something here.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/22872/wku-lb-jackson-tweets-he-is-returning-for-13

His tackling was awful last year.  He got beat in coverage so many times it was embarrassing.  If he gets a bead on someone while they are in the midst of a catch, then yeah...they'll pay.  But other than that, I wouldn't be too worried if I was a slot receiver. 

I feel like the same could be said of Antoine Bethea.

I feel like the same could be said of Antoine Bethea.

I agree.  That's why I support letting go of Bethea and putting Landry in more of a zone cover role where he did much better at while he was with the Redskins.  I envision him playing a role similar to Earl Thomas, though I don't expect him to be as good.  I think he'd be adequate though.

We need this type of attitude on are D. I am sick and tired of nice guys Colts Defense. I hope his attitude is infectious.

We definitely need some more personalities on that defense. I would love to see one of our secondary players to step up and be a leader back there but Vontae doesn't seem like the type and Bethea is gone. My guess is D'Qwell becomes a leader relatively quickly. He seems like a perfect candidate with Redding and Mathis.