Colts draft Jonathan Newsome, DE/OLB, Ball State [Merge]

chad72

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the link to the 6th round....

A number of teams with multiple picks in the round....    a number of candidates to trade with...

My hand hurts from pounding the table,  but Grigson and his staff love to beat the bushes and turn over rocks to find guys, so now is the time to see it.....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracker/by-round#dt-by-round-input:6/dt-tabs:dt-by-round

Didn't think we had a need at olb. Hopefully he's good. Sounded like he was slow with a fast first step at least

If we put Werner on the edge then Mathis needs a backup.  

However I don't see what the value is here.

Seems to me we should have packaged the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders to move up and grab a safety.

wow calm down let these guys get on the field maybe they think we have are starting safety already

lol i dont think so ....we didnt even draft a corner to play with vontae cause toler is like not ready for it. alwys injures

Underwhelming draft for us thus far.  Went into the draft with needs in the secondary and little to nothing done to address it.  At this point any 6th round, 7th round or rookie free agent bandaids won't be enough to make me feel better about that. If we experience any kind of injuries in our secondary next year...Lord help us. 

Underwhelming draft for us thus far.  Went into the draft with needs in the secondary and little to nothing done to address it.  6th round, 7th round or any rookie free agent bandaids won't be enough to make me feel better about that. If we experience any kind of injuries in our secondary next year...Lord help us. 

Yeah I'm disappointed in our 3rd round pick.  There where so many options there to get value.  We could have addressed the secondary by getting one of several CB/FS combo players.  We could have traded up to get Nix.

Instead we grab a WR which is the position we are the most deep at.  Besides QB and TE the place we really didn't need any help was WR.  

And it means IMO cutting or trading away at least one of the guys who have solid talent and play on peanut rookie contracts.  That is unless one of them goes on IR during training camp.

2nd round pick I thought Gabe Jackson would have been a better, but if Grigs likes this guy better ok...

I'm thinking UDFA safeties, just like Delano Howell is how it is going to end up for our safety situation.

Yes Sir. i think we just didnt get the guy we wanted or liked so we didnt sell the farm to get one.maybe we give delano a shot. Or grab a UDFA

For all of the people panicking over safety, remember we have Delano Howell, Corey Lynch, and Sergio Brown still on the roster.

Sergio specifically mentioned wanting to contribute more as a safety, not just st.

and landry anderson sims

Big Joe from the Grady and Big Joe Show on 1070 AM is a former Buckeye OL, he is going to LOVE this draft. SMonroe too, that poster is a former Buckeye too.

There's no such thing as a "former" Buckeye. Once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye!

I don't count Werner, he was not a good pass rusher at all last year.

2.5 sacks in a new position and only playing 9 games part time in his first year. I think that's ok for a first year DE/OLB in a new position but hey you're the Colts scout. 

For all of the people panicking over safety, remember we have Delano Howell, Corey Lynch, and Sergio Brown still on the roster.

Sergio specifically mentioned wanting to contribute more as a safety, not just st.

Dude..is that supposed to make us feel better??  We know full well who is on the roster which is why we were concerned in the first place.  lmao

2.5 sacks in a new position and only playing 9 games part time in his first year. I think that's ok for a first year DE/OLB in a new position but hey you're the Colts scout.

Ok. He wasn't a good pass rusher don't know what to tell you.

I don't count Werner, he was not a good pass rusher at all last year.

Because he was playing out of position for a good part of the season, right? I was under the impression that he was here to back up Mathis but because of injuries he ended up playing on the other side. If that is the case, we have to count Werner. Sorry.

Because he was playing out of position for a good part of the season, right? I was under the impression that he was here to back up Mathis but because of injuries he ended up playing on the other side. If that is the case, we have to count Werner. Sorry.

He may be at a pass rusher position but he isn't good at it.

This guy and his buddy were caught shoplifting "male enhancement" pills

Ok this kid is likely 21 or 22 and he is looking to steal  male enhancement pills?  That should not be a concern of his at his age unless...dare I say...he is experiencing some unfortunate side effects from steroid useage?  Not saying that he is but this causes me to wonder.

I shutter at the thought of our secondary next year. We blatantly ignored it and it will come back to bite us. I know people will argue that Toler could have a healthy year or that Howell will step in perfectly next to Landry but if we have a single injury in the secondary it will be a nightmare. Even if there isn't an injury, we didn't improve it. We should've just paid for Byrd or Ward in FA because I have a bad feeling we will be regretting it in the fall.

Ok this kid is likely 21 or 22 and he is looking to steal male enhancement pills? That should not be a concern of his at his age unless...dare I say...he is experiencing some unfortunate side effects from steroid useage? Not saying that he is but this causes me to wonder.

Well if he is having troubles in that department then we don't need to worry about him out all night partying.

Ok this kid is likely 21 or 22 and he is looking to steal  male enhancement pills?  That should not be a concern of his at his age unless...dare I say...he is experiencing some unfortunate side effects from steroid useage?  Not saying that he is but this causes me to wonder.

Obviously to sell them. Kids do stupid things, he's a man now.

Destined for the PS.