Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss [Merge]

CR91

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so tired of rogers Rogers = overrated I know some people will bite my head off but I just haven't liked him as much as many others just my opinion if we could trade him and get anything make it happen grigs Moncrief seems to be a perfect replacement for reggie not much not to love

From CBS Sports:

STRENGTHS: Moncrief's thick frame, deceptive speed and smooth route-running make him a nightmare for cornerbacks. He does not possess the explosive moves of Southern Cal's Marqise Lee or Clemson's Sammy Watkins but might be a better player than either of them.

People will complain about another WR, but we should remember Reggie is not under contract after the upcoming season, and Hakeem is on a one year rental. If Hakeem plays like he can we likely can afford him, so Moncrief can step in and form a trio with TY and Rogers. Brazill and Whalen are easily replaceable.

This is clearly BPA. Did you see how fast we turned in the pick and the people in the war room started celebrating? Grigson and co. likely consider Moncrief a steal at this point. And Moncrief has the potential to be a number 1 receiver.

I don't think Moncrief is less than Rogers at all.  Good run after the catch guy, great size plus he's fast!

I do think we'll go defense for the rest of the draft, hopefully we'll find a safety.  I also think some other guys may come available in free agency after the draft.  It's a possibility in terms of the safety position.

so tired of rogers Rogers = overrated I know some people will bite my head off but I just haven't liked him as much as many others just my opinion if we could trade him and get anything make it happen grigs Moncrief seems to be a perfect replacement for reggie not much not to love

Yeah and let someone else develop the physical freak into an stud #1 especially since he's been trying really hard and keeping his head on :facepalm:

Yeah and let someone else develop the physical freak into an stud #1 especially since he's been trying really hard and keeping his head on :facepalm:

I like him but people like that rob lowe dude worshipped him like a god he's a good WR just a little overrated by some I am really liking where we are at with WR's seeing a lot of touchdowns through the air this year

who are we going to keep on the roster? I'm guessing we send griff whalen to the practice squad and keep 6 WR's on our roster. But I still like the pick. Hopefully moncrief can develop into wayne's replacement. Then we should try to trade Rogers or Brazil for picks.

I don`t know who they will keep but in case you haven`t noticed, Brazil is a knucklehead.

Still no clue as a route runner.

I say offer Whalen, Rogers and Brazill for whatever you can get and take it

What?! No way we should let go of Rogers. He's got huge potential with his size and speed, and he's only starting to show flashes, not to mention he hasn't been given an offseason with the Colts until now. Rogers (like Moncrief) has number one potential. You dont trade that.

If anything we should trade Whalen (because of limited upside) and Brazill (haven't shown that much despite having played two seasons now; has shown some flashes though).

We have 7 WR's. Look for Brazill to be traded shortly IMO. May get a 5th out of him, but I doubt it.

He is the only one who has any (albeit very little) value.

As long as we dont even consider trading Da'Rick I'm happy.

Our future is Hilton, Rogers and Moncrief.

We have 7 WR's. Look for Brazill to be traded shortly IMO. May get a 5th out of him, but I doubt it.

If anything, I expect Da'Rick Rogers to be traded, he is the one who might get us something in the form of a draft pick. Brazill, with his suspension and the recent Josh Gordon issues, teams will let us cut him so that they can pick him up.

Moncrief is mainly insurance if Nicks busts or leaves for a better contract after this 1 yr. rental with the potential to be a #1 wideout.