Vince Wilfork being released

Legend of Luck

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meh, I dont think that would make much sense for the Colts to sign him.  I'd prefer to go with who we have and maybe pick up a NT in the draft or FA if any are out there....

The big problem is we really dont NEED that position. We just signed Art Jones to help fill in that spot. Hes just an elite player at that position. Hes great against the run though...would be kinda nice to have him...

The big problem is we really dont NEED that position. We just signed Art Jones to help fill in that spot. Hes just an elite player at that position. Hes great against the run though...would be kinda nice to have him...

Different positions.

So, should we try to get him, or no?

Vince Wilfork asked Patriots for his release, per @RapSheet. Wilfork made it clear to Patriots in recent weeks he will not restructure deal.

Damn right we should try and sign him. That guy is a horse and he has played hell with the Colts for a long time. Yes, it may only be for a year or two but he is huge and scary good. If he can pass the physical and we can find a way to pay him, he will really shore up that defense big time.

We should definitely look at Wilfork. Can you guys imagine him at NT next to Jones, then Redding and RJF rotating on the other side. Wilfork is still a beast, and is an elite run stopper. It would be a short contract so it wouldn't hurt us in the future. We have enough cap room to sign Wilfork, a C, and FS. Make it happen Grigs.

We should definitely look at Wilfork. Can you guys imagine him at NT next to Jones, then Redding and RJF rotating on the other side. Wilfork is still a beast, and is an elite run stopper. It would be a short contract so it wouldn't hurt us in the future. We have enough cap room to sign Wilfork, a C, and FS. Make it happen Grigs.

If you can get the big horse, you can make do with a lesser center or safety to get that. I would even make do with WR we have to get him. This would be an Elway like move to win right now and that is what I wanted. We have the aircraft carrier QB and we have a two year window before we have to pay the bill for him. Load up and go after it just like the Broncos are doing.