Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The OFFICIAL Satele WONT get CUT thread

Naptown Lifer

I can live with him still being on the roster, but if he is the starter all season next year then Grigs really whiffed on upgrading the offensive line. We have to upgrade the center position and probably the guard position as well.  We cannot afford having him be the center all season again.

If we have to sit through another season of Luck running for his life.. Well.

Someone is surely getting fired. Irsay won't put up with it.

We had a ton of cap the past two seasons.. There's no excuse.

If you listen to what Grigson said about Satele's future with the Colts, you would know they are not planning to proceed with him on the roster. The only way I could see him staying is if all the pending FA centers are retained by their current team. If that happens, hopefully Holmes improves enough to overtake him.

If you listen to what Grigson said about Satele's future with the Colts, you would know they are not planning to proceed with him on the roster. The only way I could see him staying is if all the pending FA centers are retained by their current team. If that happens, hopefully Holmes improves enough to overtake him.

This is what I'm worried about, our top 3 candidates to replace Satele all sound like they are gonna be re-signed by their teams.  Which means that we may end up stuck with him as there is no one in free agency to replace him.  

This is what I'm worried about, our top 3 candidates to replace Satele all sound like they are gonna be re-signed by their teams.  Which means that we may end up stuck with him as there is no one in free agency to replace him.  

The top 3 candidates as identified by our esteemed forum may (I'm being somewhat kind here) have no correlation with those Grigson determines to be his top candidates. 

That's looking more and more likely.

I think De La Puente still has a shot at hitting FA. Unless of course the NFL keeps throwing bones at the teams that handed out bad contracts over the last few years, and helps them get under the cap.

I dont think he gets cuts but not because staff dont think that its time to move on but moreso because Im just not sold on any Center in this draft outright like I was last year.

Swanson-Lacks a jolting hand punch and lacks the strength to open up holes consistently drive blocking in a power scheme and spends to much time getting knocked down to me,

Ikard-Also on the ground to much for me, Not a good drive blocker and can be overpowered by bigger DT's

Marcus Martin-Limited laterally, can get to the second levely but bends at the waist and over extends, also slips off his target at the second level, All that is correctable except lateral movement, But he is not a mauler and will have trouble against bigger DT's, seems content to often to stalemate with his man, does show a jolt when he shoots his hands out but thats not usually until he gets to the second level

One I do like as a developmental Center whos got mauling power a solid hand punch and thats Russell Bodine out of North Carolina

I strongly suspect they will consider holding on to him until they have a reliable replacement, be it through FA or the draft.  If they don't hit on something they want, we may see another year of head bobbing.

Thats exactly what I expect they will do and after its all said and done I wont be suprised if he is back

He's getting paid top 10 Center $$ and is only a cap casualty of a little more than 1MM if we let him go.

The FO would have to have EXTREME faith in him being the starter if they keep him, and I just don't see it.

I thought you where engaging in hyperbole by saying he's getting paid top 10 center money but I just looked and according to overthecap.com Satele has the 10th highest APY in terms of cap hit per year of all centers.  

So you are right he is getting top 10 money.

if that happens, then i say still cut satele and resign mcglynn to play center.

I thought you where engaging in hyperbole by saying he's getting paid top 10 center money but I just looked and according to overthecap.com Satele has the 10th highest APY in terms of cap hit per year of all centers.  

So you are right he is getting top 10 money.

Yup, that is how i got my facts. I love that site.

Why would he not get cut? He's a bum, that's making 4 or 5 million dollars a year. You don't continue to pay that kind of money to someone as bad as Satele. Why would Grigson want our line to continue to be terrible. Think about it, the only logical decision is to cut him. If we kept him, it would be such a bad move, people should get fired. He's that bad.

they could go to the pee wee league's and try to replace him they would probably find some one stronger 

I dont think he gets cuts but not because staff dont think that its time to move on but moreso because Im just not sold on any Center in this draft outright like I was last year.

Swanson-Lacks a jolting hand punch and lacks the strength to open up holes consistently drive blocking in a power scheme and spends to much time getting knocked down to me,

Ikard-Also on the ground to much for me, Not a good drive blocker and can be overpowered by bigger DT's

Marcus Martin-Limited laterally, can get to the second levely but bends at the waist and over extends, also slips off his target at the second level, All that is correctable except lateral movement, But he is not a mauler and will have trouble against bigger DT's, seems content to often to stalemate with his man, does show a jolt when he shoots his hands out but thats not usually until he gets to the second level

One I do like as a developmental Center whos got mauling power a solid hand punch and thats Russell Bodine out of North Carolina

Two words:

Free Agency