Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where's Donald Brown going to end up?

oldunclemark

I would be shocked if the Colts give him any offer at all so who can use him?

Cleveland (yeah, I know) is looking for a low cost guy who can hold onto the ball

W. McGahee is just okay 

Detroit....as a 3rd down back....the coach knows him....and they don't trust Bush

Denver..if they cant (or don't want to) sign Moreno....he knows the QB

..any others?

I would be shocked if the Colts give him any offer at all so who can use him?

I think you're going to be shocked. 

I certainly HOPE you're going to be shocked.

I have no idea if we can keep him, but not making an offer makes zero sense to me....   so, I hope an offer is extended, even if it's rejected....

I think we should be making a good faith effort to keep Brown....   We're not as good without him, and I don't think he's easily replaceable....

If Moreno wants significant dollars..he's gone...because M. Ball was drafted to replace him...

Obviously Brown played with Manning for 2 years and could adjust to his system of at-the-line calls..

Denver was top-5 in the NFL in turnovers...mostly fumbles

Well if the Colts don't sign him and he goes to Denver they will get to face him in Denver next year and see if they made a mistake. haha  

If Moreno wants significant dollars..he's gone...because M. Ball was drafted to replace him...

Obviously Brown played with Manning for 2 years and could adjust to his system of at-the-line calls..

Denver was top-5 in the NFL in turnovers...mostly fumbles

And they don't trust Hillman because of fumbling issues.  It might make sense for them to sign him if they can get him for a reasonable amount.  

why? Both Bell and Bush are better than him.

They jave to many holes tp pump money into a 3rd string runningback.

admittedly it's simply because of the Caldwell connection.   :P  I'd be really surprised if he went to Denver.  Brown didn't run well in that offense when Peyton was here so I'd be surprised if he willingly went to another team that runs a similar offense that he did not perform well in.

why? Both Bell and Bush are better than him.

They jave to many holes tp pump money into a 3rd string runningback.

Dustin

Reggie Bush just didn't play in the final game where Detroit had a chance to make the playoffs last season and he's oddly injured often..

....and the idea is they're trying to get Stafford to check down more and not be such a gunner

Dustin

Reggie Bush just didn't play in the final game where Detroit had a chance to make the playoffs last season and he's oddly injured often..

....and the idea is they're trying to get Stafford to check down more and not be such a gunner

Then they have Bell to take his place, who is a much better RB than Brown.

Hmmm...how about San Diego?  Maybe he can finally get his 'touches' with passes from Rivers....and utilize that speed?

Ryan Matthews seems to be hurt all of the time...sounds good to me and Tom Telesco knows his good character and professionalism....even when some of us including myself were slamming on DB....

I think you're going to be shocked. 

I certainly HOPE you're going to be shocked.

I have no idea if we can keep him, but not making an offer makes zero sense to me....   so, I hope an offer is extended, even if it's rejected....

I think we should be making a good faith effort to keep Brown....   We're not as good without him, and I don't think he's easily replaceable....

I hope we are shocked. I hope they make him some kind of offer. Pipedream maybe, but I would like for him to stay on as a Colt.

I agree 1000% Kim, ....if youi check the 2nd half of the season....

Donald became a threat to score on any play

Everything you hear says,..'we love Trent',..'we believe in Trent'....give Trent a chance we're committed to Trent

Which is fine....except that you never hear our coaches or GM say ..we love DB, we believe in DB....

I think Donald was told there would be no offer....but sure hope I'm wrong

Hmmm...how about San Diego?  Maybe he can finally get his 'touches' with passes from Rivers....and utilize that speed?

Ryan Matthews seems to be hurt all of the time...sounds good to me and Tom Telesco knows his good character and professionalism....even when some of us including myself were slamming on DB....

Either this, or ironically the team that might offer him the most could be Cleveland Browns. Brown could be a Brown. :)