Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

anyone else get their football fix from madden games in the offseason

Nesjan3

Im the playoffs of 2015/2016 season, at the end of the 2014/2015 season Dez Bryant becomes a free agent, i cut multiple players and used most of my cap space to sign him to a 6 year deal, in his first year he had 133 receptions and 1950 yards, could you imagine this in real life, LUCK TO BRYANT WOW lol, its a long shot but you never know

My franchise has been going well. Heading into the playoffs of my second season. DHB actually is good though, all I did was work on his catch. Aside from that the team hasn't been messed with too much just drafted a big Dt and got another iLB in the draft. Both are very good. I play an online league

I bought the the PS4 on the day of release and went with Madden 25 and I am disappointed on how glitched the game is.. I am more of NCAA player, but are not releasing the most recent one for the PS4.

Sad to say they're discontinuing the franchise.

Currently running several Superstar mode franchise games:

1.) Blaine Gabbert franchise. Trying to make him into a HOF'er. Not very pretty. Throwing tons of picks. He's horribly inaccurate, and his receivers drop many passes.

2.) Barry Sanders franchise. Doing awesome, of course. When he's to the outside, he's a beast when he makes the first guy miss, which is often if you know what you're doing.

3.) Eyeshield. From the anime. I signed him to the Falcons so he has the iconic red jersey. Has max spd-type stats. Bare minimum height and weight, so he looks like a high-school student. Hilarious looking. He's pretty much a Barry Sanders clone though.

Judging by some of the suggestions put forward on here for trades etc. plenty play it I'm sure :P

I was big into but I finally got fed up of them churning out the same game every year with the same old issues. There was a sweet spot I'm sure where Franchise mode was great but they've ruined it lately and that's all I really played for. Online was like going to a Fondue party where someone bellows abuse in your ear all night. 

No way it ever happens but the NFL needs to take away the EA monopoly to give EA incentive to at least try. 2K was so good at the time :(

I've been playing Ultimate Team. It's pretty fun. Ive been collecting some awesome Colts.

On offense I've got an 87 Luck, 95 Reggie, 87 TY, and (in some crazy universe!?) an 87 Satele, I got him reallll cheap. On D I've got Mathis, Davis and Bethea. Broke down and grabbed a Pat McAfee yesterday too. I've got our uniforms, stadium, playbook, and Chuck too. Add in a much better O line, Jamaal Charles, Calvin Johnson, and Jason Hatcher on my d line, and my Colts are pretty baller. :)

more like the dude is a ball.

lmao  He's bigger than everyone on the field. I even gave him a flak jacket and a neckpad to make him look bigger. Just imagine if i would've made him mobile.. He'd be out-running linebackers at that size haha

This years madden is just as bad as last years. There is no defense because of how horrible the zones play. Every zone sucks in and theyve made it really hard to play defense even for top of the line players.

Do you know how to shift your players, have them back off in coverage or press? Because I find making those few adjustments help. Madden 25 is the best one minus the glitches IMO

This years madden is just as bad as last years. There is no defense because of how horrible the zones play. Every zone sucks in and theyve made it really hard to play defense even for top of the line players.

Good 'ol legacy issues. I bought Madden 13. Still not as good as Madden 10. 10 was the best. 

I redboxed 25 when it first dropped simply to play Owner Mode. And it was actually really cool. Until it became clear there was no real way to lose at it. 

I would love to see a simulation game mixing elements of Madden with NFL Head Coach 09. Head Coach 09 was a really fun premise built on a terrible engine. 

The new Madden scouting system is fun, to a point. It sucks to scout players all year and then on draft day not be able to see hardly any of what you may have scouted about them. 

Together, elements of both games could make for one amazing football game. 

I got it for free on the PS4 but hardly play it. This game is so broken, it's not even funny. We need 2k Football, and I'm really hoping they or another company gets a change to make a football game. Madden has been so wack for years.

NFL2K was so good.

Do you know how to shift your players, have them back off in coverage or press? Because I find making those few adjustments help. Madden 25 is the best one minus the glitches IMO

Yes. I know how to do all the pre snap changes. Ive been in the top 100 the past 3 years and I can tell you that it is almost consensus that this madden as well as last years, at least in my eyes and the eyes of the guys Ive talked to that really understand the game and how to play it, have been trending in the wrong direction.

You still play your ColecoVision? ;) or did you upgrade to the Atari?

Obviously joking ;)

haha Never heard of ColecoVision.

:lecture: Actually when I was a kid I had some version of "Pong" that worked on a tv. Also had some sort of primitive hockey type game on it. Mildly entertaining mostly for it's novelty value, but we didn't use it much. One of those things that you "remembered" once a year and dragged out of the mothballs for a few hours until you realized once again how dull it was.

I've had some pc games (car racing, versions of old games that I used to pump a fortune into at the arcade) but the graphics were primitive, the pc slow, and the entertainment limited - but they could still be a big time-suck. I've been know to play "freecell" until my eyes bug out for crying out loud - all the while with a voice in the back of my head yelling "will you STOP already and get something done".

I waste enough time on here as it is - I'm literally terrified of what I might do if I had a proper gaming setup. I'd probably get sick from vitamin D deficiency from lack of sunlight. :ninja:

Yes. I know how to do all the pre snap changes. Ive been in the top 100 the past 3 years and I can tell you that it is almost consensus that this madden as well as last years, at least in my eyes and the eyes of the guys Ive talked to that really understand the game and how to play it, have been trending in the wrong direction.

I agree, I even skipped a few years since it was never much of an improvement

Nope, I stopped buying Madden when they pulled that crap with their transition from the Xbox to the 360 for Madden 2006.  Took a ton of features out and then just reintroduced them years later as new features.  Madden 2005 was wonderful, but that was because they had to compete with NFL 2K5.  

I still preferred NFL 2K5, but it made EA work hard and produce a great game. I have played a few versions since then and none of them really made me want the game.  Overall it just feels like a $60 roster update that is all. They no longer have to try and evolve their game since they have no competition.

I could imagine where we would be if we had NFL 2K and Madden on next gen competing.  It is a shame that the NFL has to have an official everything from beer to a game.

To the people who freely admit Madden is a flop each year why do you continue to give them a chance?  You continue to be in this cycle.  Get hyped prerelease, excited when released, disappointed after playing, swear it is the last year, and then rinse and repeat.

Nope, I stopped buying Madden when they pulled that crap with their transition from the Xbox to the 360 for Madden 2006.  Took a ton of features out and then just reintroduced them years later as new features.  Madden 2005 was wonderful, but that was because they had to compete with NFL 2K5.  

I still preferred NFL 2K5, but it made EA work hard and produce a great game. I have played a few versions since then and none of them really made me want the game.  Overall it just feels like a $60 roster update that is all. They no longer have to try and evolve their game since they have no competition.

I could imagine where we would be if we had NFL 2K and Madden on next gen competing.  It is a shame that the NFL has to have an official everything from beer to a game.

To the people who freely admit Madden is a flop each year why do you continue to give them a chance?  You continue to be in this cycle.  Get hyped prerelease, excited when released, disappointed after playing, swear it is the last year, and then rinse and repeat.

You're right.... The training camps on the old madden was the ish. New system, different game... Can't even see your primary recievers anymore. Yet I still buy the game. And some what enjoy it.