Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What will be deemed "success" at the end of next season?

zibby43

It was considered a miracle that the Colts made the playoffs two years ago with a rookie QB, an interim coach, and a head coach battling for his life.

This year was considered a successful season because, despite a plethora of injuries to critical offensive players, the Colts managed to beat 3 of the 4 remaining playoff teams (including a head-to-head showdown with Manning), win the division, and win their first playoff game under the Grigson/Pagano/Luck regime. 

What will be the measuring stick for improvement/success next year?

Winning the division again?

Making it to the AFC title game?

Winning the whole thing?

Assuming the team stays relatively/reasonably healthy (something that did happen at all this past season) next year, if the Colts fail to make it to the AFC title game, would it then be time to put Pagano on the hot seat?

Just curious as to what, in your minds, should be considered a sign of success or improvement for next season.  Obviously the goal is always to win the division and Super Bowl but only one team can accomplish the latter.

C'mon guys, anything better than 8-8 will be a miracle.

The team is full of holes and the flaws will show up soon enough.

From what I hear around here Luck is not anywhere near elite, a poser and just relying on luck to succeed.

The braintrust we have given the keys to the kingdom haven't a clue'

They want to implement an archaic philosophy that has had success in the past but meh, not so much anymore.

Obviously our owner is a brain dead Twit?

Our coaches should be sent back to the Jr, Varsity level to relearn their trade.

Maybe our GM should be drug tested for all the bad decisions he has made since his first draft was dropped in his lap and was a no-brainer anyway.

The health dept. should be sent out W. 56th St. to eradicate the injury bug that has plagued the team. obviously a failure of the training staff.

Heck, we could be 9-7 and win this dismal division, and might get lucky again and win a playoff game.

Guess what? The Colts Will Still Suck...

It's Hopeless Folks, prepare yourselves , The Colts are going in the tank next year!

Listen to the folks around here, it be truth!

Let's call it the Junior Year Slump!

<maybe necessary>  :lol:

I think we need to win the division again. 

Then I'd just be happy if we make a decent show of ourselves in the playoffs, like we did this year.

As long as we make a few good acquisitions this coming offseason and we see progress from everyone on the team then that's enough. The 2015-16 season will be the first season that we could realistically expect to make the SB imo.

A lot can happen through the course of a season. So what we do playoff-wise is subject to many variables.

I would like to see the following:

- RUN the ball more effectively.

- Not rely almost solely on Mathis to put pressure on the quarterback.

- Keep turnovers down.

- Play "up" for every game...for, you know, both halves.

I think we need to take the next step each year.

(2012)-Colts- Out in AFC Wild Card

(2013)-Colts- Out in AFC Divisional

(2014)-Colts- Out in AFC Championship

(2015)-Colts- Out in Superbowl

(2016-2020)-Colts- Win Superbowl

I'm not sure that scenario has ever happened

It was considered a miracle that the Colts made the playoffs two years ago with a rookie QB, an interim coach, and a head coach battling for his life.

This year was considered a successful season because, despite a plethora of injuries to critical offensive players, the Colts managed to beat 3 of the 4 remaining playoff teams (including a head-to-head showdown with Manning), win the division, and win their first playoff game under the Grigson/Pagano/Luck regime. 

What will be the measuring stick for improvement/success next year?

Winning the division again?

Making it to the AFC title game?

Winning the whole thing?

Assuming the team stays relatively/reasonably healthy (something that did happen at all this past season) next year, if the Colts fail to make it to the AFC title game, would it then be time to put Pagano on the hot seat?

Just curious as to what, in your minds, should be considered a sign of success or improvement for next season.  Obviously the goal is always to win the division and Super Bowl but only one team can accomplish the latter.

I would be very happy with another 11-5 and another playoff berth..

That's a very high level of success

It depends on your own personal view. Everyone views success differently. Some think anything but a Super Bowl is a failure. Some think that just making the playoffs is a success.

I think the last two years overall for this team (especially after what transpired in 2011) were both majorly successful seasons. So I fully expect people to expect more next year......whether it be a higher seed, more playoff wins or what not.

It also will depend next year how banged up we are, how improved we realistically become and the competition around us too.

Since we made the WC round two years ago, recently the divisional round....maybe we take another step and make the AFCCG next year with a shot at the Super Bowl? Who knows.

That we have built the O-Line to run and pass block well in place.

That we have NO Moala and Mathews but 2 guys who are GOOD and help solidify our run D.

I think the rest will be fine thanks to game experience, practice practice practice, and the addition, tweaking a few spots.

This Team gets a 6-0 division schedule so should win AT LEAST 11 games.
 Another win in the playoffs at minimum would feel Good, an AFC Championship game would feel Great and for me would be a Very Successful season. Ask Atlanta! It don`t come easy.

A Super Bowl would be crazy.

Winning the SB would mean a number of people have proven the doubters wrong and might deserve Statues.

At their HS football fields haha