Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm calling it now. Trent will

tfunky14

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's going into the 3rd year on a rookie first round contract...

Guaranteed first round contract.  If we cut him, it would be a total waste, even if he does nothing.  We'd be paying him to play on another team because someone would have picked him up off waivers, considering we'd be footing the bill.

Guaranteed first round contract.  If we cut him, it would be a total waste, even if he does nothing.  We'd be paying him to play on another team because someone would have picked him up off waivers, considering we'd be footing the bill.

With no offsets.

Quite simply, Trent Richardson won't be released at any point during his rookie contract. Not unless he goes all Aaron Hernandez or something...

Trent Richardson will have a very good game Saturday. He will come out with a purpose to hammer the Patriots defense.

I see a 80 yard rush game and 2 TDs. (1 a screen pass)

Make note: Brown will chip in 50 yards as well.

I somewhat agree, Brown has a 100 yard day with 2-3 TD's and Trent throws in 65+ yards and a TD probably from a screen pass. Either way I hope it comes to fruition. :blueshoe:

Observation #1 - Great thought by the OP. Putting positive vibes out there for one of our Colt brethren. 

Observation #2 - To the "just accept that is who he is" crowd.....isn't that the same line of thinking that KC fans have right now....."We will always fail in the playoffs?"

Observation #3 - To the "he fumbled and this might be his last game" crowd......he has fumbled 2 times in his career with the NFL I believe. 

Trent Richardson s only key is to run straight! He tries to do edgarrin James and tomlison moves but just fails...

I see the trent turnaround this Saturday too. I have a feeling and it will help allot because pats are most likely not worrying about him at all....

Trent Richardson will have a very good game Saturday. He will come out with a purpose to hammer the Patriots defense.

Gimme a break!  Brown will continue to run circles around this 'average' RB called Trent.

Not that I wouldn't want you to be right, but I see no basis whatsoever, other than wishful thinking, to expect this to come true. Only Brown has consistently delivered. IMO, handing the ball off to Richardson, for the most part is a wasted down.

For the love of god stop with the trent will succeed crap.....he hasnt had a good game yet!!!!!

He was closing in on a darn good game against SD but we abandoned the run due to being behind, and he had one game earlier in the year where he had over a hundred yards total. 

I believe this will be Tents last game with The Colts.

No way we cut him.  I am an outspoken critic of the trade; but It will cost us the same to keep him as it does to cut him, and there is no way we don't let him play out his contract and hope he turns it around after giving up a 1st round pick for him.

Was listening to Sirius NFL this evening. They stated the Colts will shut Trent down after last weeks fumble. The only action he saw after that play was in passing situations where he was used to block and to expect more of that from here on out. I don't know, doesn't sound good though

Was listening to Sirius NFL this evening. They stated the Colts will shut Trent down after last weeks fumble. The only action he saw after that play was in passing situations where he was used to block and to expect more of that from here on out. I don't know, doesn't sound good though

OC Pep Hamilton said he won't hesitate to use Trent Richardson in Saturday's Divisional Round game at New England. -rotoworld

I assume Brent was mocking the spelling in the thread title. For reasons mentioned above, Trent goes nowhere unless he axe murders Andrew Luck live on tv this Saturday evening and confesses to the sideline reporter.

And even the they might wait on a conviction.

I believe this will be Tents last game with The Colts.