Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Colts end up with #3 Seed

danlhart87

Honestly I think we should beat whoever we play if were the 3rd seed (4th seed as well though). Dolphins we should beat of course and Flacco's knees looked troublesome so not sure if Balt is at their best right now. 

I really want the 2nd seed though. Bye week, home game, and then one game to the SB. In an ideal world, we'd have 2 home games to the SB if let's say Denver gets beaten in their first game. 

The Chiefs are going to rest their starters so I would count on the Chargers winning. 

Yeah I was thinking I was not too sure how important this game is for KC being pretty much locked into the 5th seed and all. SD already put a boat load of points on them anyway this year.

I wish Buffalo would pull the upset too. Doubt it.

I doubt it too but odder things have happened. Pats lost to the Jets/Dolphins this year so maybe they can make it a perfect 3 in the division. :) But, still I won't hold my breath on it......

i never got into worrying about who the Colt's face in the playoffs. Either you're good enough to make it to the SB or you're not.

That is the correct way to think in my opinion.  :thmup:   No sense in worrying over something you have no control over. In playoff games anyone can win no matter what happened in the regular season everyone starts out on the same page. :) 

The Chiefs are going to rest their starters so I would count on the Chargers winning. 

Agreed, the Chargers are a good team and I just don't see the Chiefs trying very hard at this one.  They are locked into the #5 seed.  

I think the better question is what happens with the Pats and the Bengals.  We need at least one of those teams to lose to get to the #3 seed (presuming we beat the Jags).  If both lose we could capture the #2 seed which would be awesome.  

The Chargers Chiefs game is very important

Chiefs win we play Ravens

Chargers win we play Dolphins

It's a bit more complicated than this.  Here's the scenarios:

1) BAL, MIA, SD all win - MIA gets WC based on Win% within the conference.

2) BAL, MIA win, SD lose - BAL gets WC based on H2H tie breaker.

3) SD wins, BAL, MIA lose - SD gets WC based on overall record.

4) BAL, MIA, SD and PIT lose - see #1

5) BAL, MIA, SD lose and PIT wins - Pit gets #6 seed (based on conference record tie breaker over SD and MIA and based on division tie breaker over BAL)

In your first scenario, Chargers could beat the Chiefs, but we'd still play MIA if they won because they would win the tie breaker over SD based on win% within the conference. 

In your second, Chargers could win, but we could still play SD if BAL and MIA lose, or BAL if MIA loses and BAL wins.

Misread the part where we were a #3 seed, which assumes BAL would have won, so that would make what you said correct.  My bad.

To me it doesn't matter who you play because anything other than a Super Bowl Championship is a failure. You have to beat the best teams anyway.

That being said, having a first round bye would be nice for our banged up team.

P.S. Thanks Broncos for not closing out that New England game....

As long as we don't play the chargers I'm happy.

Neon is right...

The QB to worry about is Phil Rivers....

but 2 teams have to lose for SD to get in.....

If I could hand pick any foe it would be KC......you can see the trend.....they have a had a hard time will every quality team they have faced.....and losing 3 at home in the last 6 weeks hints where they are headed.

Let's root for Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami! Reason?

1. Denver.

2. Cincinnati.

3. Indianapolis.

4. New England.

5. Kansas City.

6. Miami.

Wild-card game - Miami. Divisional round - Cincinnati.

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/BG/20131222/SPORTS03/312220041/Who-will-Colts-face-playoffs-look-AFC-scenarios?nclick_check=1

Personally I'd rather have:

Bye, vs. NE

than

vs. Miami, @ Cincinnati.

Have you seen Denver's defense?

They, too, are surprisingly beatable.

The problem with Denver, not to state the obvious, (I will anywayLOL) you have to put up enough points to out score Peyton.  We did it once.  May be tough to do it a second time.  I do think that Mathis has Peyton's number though :)

The problem with Denver, not to state the obvious, (I will anywayLOL) you have to put up enough points to out score Peyton.  We did it once.  May be tough to do it a second time.  I do think that Mathis has Peyton's number though :)

Yeah, but, while the problem with playing Denver is that you have to put up enough points to outscore Peyton, the problem with being Denver is that you need Peyton to put up enough points to outscore any team with a pulse on offense.  They're a team that's 2-3 when they don't score at least 34 points.  The other AFC teams (Colts, Bengals, Pats), if they score 21 points or more, they usually win (and indeed are combined at least .900 when doing so).  The dropoff is when they only score in the teens.  The Broncos, on the other hand, have such a questionable defense that if they only score 28 or 31, winning becomes an iffy proposition.  There's so little margin for error for that offense.  Yeah, they've been great most of the season, but they've needed to be great.  The problem is, as we've seen this season, there are a number of other teams (Colts, Pats, and Chargers, and I daresay the Bengals could do it as well, along with various NFC teams) who can straight-up beat Denver by scores like 34-31.

Let's root for Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami! Reason?

1. Denver.

2. Cincinnati.

3. Indianapolis.

4. New England.

5. Kansas City.

6. Miami.

Wild-card game - Miami. Divisional round - Cincinnati.

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/BG/20131222/SPORTS03/312220041/Who-will-Colts-face-playoffs-look-AFC-scenarios?nclick_check=1

I think Cinci is the last team I would like to play in the AFC right now.  

I agree....but hey, let's not mince words....the playoffs have Peyton's number.

Between the inexplicable errors he often commits in playoff games and that porous Bronco defense, there's every possibility he'll toil on the sidelines with perhaps 2-3 less offensive possessions.

That could be just enough for us to beat them again. :yes: