Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BA we miss you

theanarchist

Anyone disagree?

I was really sorry to see him go. I actually wanted him as the HC before Irsay hired Pagano. BA was great for Luck because he pushed him to reach his potential. Much like Tom Moore did for Peyton Manning. Arians studied under Tom Moore some and I'm sure he learned lot from him.

Enter Pep Hamilton. Lets hire the guy who was on the staff at Stanford when Luck was in college. I was skeptical. The college game is not the same as the pro game and I just don't see Luck developing to his full potential with this system. I realize the injuries have piled up but I'm just not convinced this was the right direction to go.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You wanted Arians to be HC after he was fired by the Steelers? I call nonsense on that one.

And I think you forgot how bad the offense was at times last year. Now imagine that offense without Reggie, DA and Vick Ballard.

Even Avery. He was better last year than DHB has been this year..

I disagree.

Pep Hamilton isn't bad, I just believe injuries have hindered us. It seemed like he was getting comfortable in the Denver game. That motion to backfield then run back TD we threw to DHB was a nice play.

Everything starts upfront & the front we have is horrible so isn't much you can do.

Now I will say the personnel we use is Pep Hamilton's fault a bit. Cause DHB should NEVER touch an NFL field. We need to start mixing things up & fast. And stop with the "run first" mentality

You wanted Arians to be HC after he was fired by the Steelers? I call nonsense on that one.

And I think you forgot how bad the offense was at times last year. Now imagine that offense without Reggie, DA and Vick Ballard.

Yes, I wanted Arians as the head coach. I didn't really care that Pittsburgh let him go.

Even Avery. He was better last year than DHB has been this year..

i think people are seeing us not preform and want ot point a finger at something instead of are injury report, cuz someone has to be to blame, i dont but just saying, i mean we only have lost are #1, #2 RB, #1 WR, #1 TE, #2 CB, Are LE, or RE(can't remeber which postition Jean-Francois played, so yeah we are suppose to still be explosive even the game was literally wrapped around those players or a huge portion of are playbook was, but you know they have to have someone to blame. lol

I disagree.

Pep Hamilton isn't bad, I just believe injuries have hindered us. It seemed like he was getting comfortable in the Denver game. That motion to backfield then run back TD we threw to DHB was a nice play.

Everything starts upfront & the front we have is horrible so isn't much you can do.

Now I will say the personnel we use is Pep Hamilton's fault a bit. Cause DHB should NEVER touch an NFL field. We need to start mixing things up & fast. And stop with the "run first" mentality

I agree the injuries are a factor. But I can't help but wonder what an Arians offense would have been like early in this season with healthy players in year 2 of the system

I don't miss Arians. I don't think Pep "gets it," but that doesn't mean BA got it either. I'd rather have Pep Hamilton from yesterday in the second half (he called traps, screens, zone plays, slants, quick ins, etc., everything I've been asking for except stretch plays and bootlegs) than Arians. 

I wish we'd gotten Whisenhunt, to be honest.

I don't miss Arians. I don't think Pep "gets it," but that doesn't mean BA got it either. I'd rather have Pep Hamilton from yesterday in the second half (he called traps, screens, zone plays, slants, quick ins, etc., everything I've been asking for except stretch plays and bootlegs) than Arians.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Wiz in Red and Blue as HC next year mentoring a young Teddy Bridgewater. We may have lucked out not picking him up, as we would then lose a second OC to a head coaching gig in 2 years.

It's not that the steelers fired him, it's just he was pretty far off the radar at that point. But if you saw it, kudos to u.

Correct. Wasn't fired.  Arians contract expired and the owner did not want him back. (football philosophie).  Pags wanted Arians, though.  Arians wanted HC job, and earned one, was predicted to fail and is doing quite alright there too.  No biggie.

i think people are seeing us not preform and want ot point a finger at something instead of are injury report, cuz someone has to be to blame, i dont but just saying, i mean we only have lost are #1, #2 RB, #1 WR, #1 TE, #2 CB, Are LE, or RE(can't remeber which postition Jean-Francois played, so yeah we are suppose to still be explosive even the game was literally wrapped around those players or a huge portion of are playbook was, but you know they have to have someone to blame. lol

once I would let go, twice i would probably comment, 3 times and I absolutely had to say something...

come on man.  its our, not are... lol

I wouldnt be surprised to see Wiz in Red and Blue as HC next year mentoring a young Teddy Bridgewater. We may have lucked out not picking him up, as we would then lose a second OC to a head coaching gig in 2 years.

Maybe so. Either way, I think Arians' system is fatally flawed. Doesn't mean I'm in love with the way we're doing things now; I'm not. But I'm certainly not pining for the days of Bruce Arians slow developing passing concepts. It's actually the residuals of his system in Pep's play calling that annoy me the most.

Maybe so. Either way, I think Arians' system is fatally flawed. Doesn't mean I'm in love with the way we're doing things now; I'm not. But I'm certainly not pining for the days of Bruce Arians slow developing passing concepts. It's actually the residuals of his system in Pep's play calling that annoy me the most.

Same. Things need to get shorter and faster on offense. The long developing power game doesnt work when your offensive line isnt capable of mauling defenders.

The worst offense you can run with a weak o-line is under center, inside running, deep 5-7 step drops with or without play Action. That's EXACTLY what Pep has been stubbornly trying to force feed in the first halves of these games.  Hence, the Colts are always behind at the half. 

The cure is..  Shotgun for the majority of snaps (not just when you're down 21+) and especially on early downs -- Quick passing game with shots as they are allowed, delays and screens.  

It seems painfully obvious...  

It's too bad Pep doesn't face a prevent defense all the time, he was awesome then! But I agree that he needs to call those same plays all game long, rather than when we are hopelessly behind.

It's too bad Pep doesn't face a prevent defense all the time, he was awesome then! But I agree that he needs to call those same plays all game long, rather than when we are hopelessly behind.

We didn't face a prevent defense until the last drive of the game. 

NOOOOOOOOO on his Offense. People Hated it here for its predictability. Mostly just Andrew escaping the rush making time for his receivers to get downfield and him heaving it somewhere NEAR Reggie. With Reggie making Spectacular catches and also getting Killed at least 15 times and Lucky to have survived them to play every week.

Once Teams started staying in there rush lanes keeping him in the pocket the last 5 games, Andrew completion % was in the 40`s and he averaged under 200 yds passing over the final 4 games. Bad teams found a way to lose to us.

Not that Andrew didn`t make some amazing runs, escapes & throws late in many games to make up for his many earlier bad plays .

Its not how you start, its how you finish.  This is Pep's rookie OC in the pro league.  With a bad OLine and massive injuries and so many new players coming in and leave its just unfortunate.  We change from BA offense to Pep this off season.  I not a big fan of changing OC back to back cause i believe with more time in the offense, coaches and players will have more success.  Lets give him time to see what he can do.

We weren't facing a prevent until the end of the game. The changes on offense actually came on the FG drive in the first half. And then in the second half, the first touchdowns to Rogers and Brazill were both short concepts that had nothing to do with the coverage. It was about shaking a man free underneath and getting him the ball, and those two guys made the play with the ball in their hands. I think Pep deserves credit for those play calls, and Luck deserves credit for making the throws.

We weren't facing a prevent until the end of the game. The changes on offense actually came on the FG drive in the first half. And then in the second half, the first touchdowns to Rogers and Brazill were both short concepts that had nothing to do with the coverage. It was about shaking a man free underneath and getting him the ball, and those two guys made the play with the ball in their hands. I think Pep deserves credit for those play calls, and Luck deserves credit for making the throws.

While I agree to a point, they were in a prevent defense definitely for the last 8 minutes of the game, but no matter. Luck found the right receivers with his TD passes, but I think what Rogers and especially Brazill did after the catch was the exceptional part. Brazill blowing through 6 defenders to get that score was a thing of beauty. Luck got the ball to LaVon, but LaVon made it happen.

This is no way diminishes Luck, I still think he has the ability to be as good as Peyton....but probably not better, Peyton is Peyton after all.

The offense, and particularly the passing game, deserves a good pat on the back for yesterday. Cincinnati is a particularly nasty defense, and they accomplished a lot against it. I blame Manusky far more than Pep for yesterday's loss.

1st I will say Arians is just fine where he is.....and he can have Bradley Sowell at LT....."OUCH" , said Carson Palmer! haha

2nd I feel it is time to go no huddle and let Andrew make more calls....most of them to be exact....I agree with above post that the second half calls were a fantastic mix what we expected from a West Coast (No Coast) offense focussing on YAC (Rodgers, Brazill and Fleener.  Luck needs to be the MAN!

As for coaches, I would really like to see what we would have when SOMEONE is healthy. (Including Coach being sick last year)

To think we have not had Ballard, Bradshaw, Allen, Thomas, Sidbury,(an unknown to us) and Reggie Wayne for the year.  Sign Herron...Rainey...gone for the year...Howell plays well for Landry...He gone....Then Toler with a pesky groin...kills us.  Link has a pesky injury....we only had Holmes and Nixon available to back up....at OL........

:rantoff:

I know other teams have injury problems and I will never give an injury as an excuse.  We scored 28 points yesterday and that should have been good enough to win IMO!!!!  

Congratulations to the Coltsfor the AFC South Championship.  Lets change some things up to make a difference...defensively....another thread maybe???   :):coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!!!!!

Are the old "Fire Arians" threads still available for perusal? A lot of people on here were calling for his head bc Luck was getting killed last year. Also, complaints about no check downs, no attempts to run the ball, plays taking too long to develop....geesh hindsight is 20/20 isn't it? You are are canonizing Arians right now when last year everyone complained how his offense wasn't working here. I distinctly remember the same "he won't adjust his game plan" complaint threads about Arians last year as we're seeing with Pep this year. And Pep has tried in the past few weeks! Arians just kept having Luck chuck it down field and get crushed. Pep may not be the answer. But Arians is gone and we can't change that. Pep is learning on the fly and has dealt with massive offensive injuries that Arians didn't have last season. But with this line and the injuries we have, Arians' offense would likely produce similar results

It's not that the steelers fired him, it's just he was pretty far off the radar at that point. But if you saw it, kudos to u.

I didn't think he was off the radar. I know he wasn't a popular choice for either HC or OC because he had fallen out of favor in Pittsburgh. But I liked the face that he had worked with the Colts before, was peyton's QB coach early in his career and had worked under Tom Moore. There was lots to like about him I thought

Good coaches assess what they have, develop a game plan and at least try to make it work.

Bad coaches run the same plays over and over regardless of personnel.

Good coaches assess what they have, develop a game plan and at least try to make it work.

Bad coaches run the same plays over and over regardless of personnel.

Like Arians did last year.........Glad we have an O Coordinator that is willing to use Fleeners strengths which is pass catching and speed

I disagree.

Why can't we have someone who is 'good' at OC rather than Pep who is 'not bad'.

Anyone disagree?

I was really sorry to see him go. I actually wanted him as the HC before Irsay hired Pagano. BA was great for Luck because he pushed him to reach his potential. Much like Tom Moore did for Peyton Manning. Arians studied under Tom Moore some and I'm sure he learned lot from him.

Enter Pep Hamilton. Lets hire the guy who was on the staff at Stanford when Luck was in college. I was skeptical. The college game is not the same as the pro game and I just don't see Luck developing to his full potential with this system. I realize the injuries have piled up but I'm just not convinced this was the right direction to go.

Hind sight is 20-20, but yes, our success last year was very much due to Arians in his dual duties as OC and HC.

As OC, he is miles ahead of Pep.  As HC, he is miles ahead of Pagano.

Yes, I wanted Arians as the head coach. I didn't really care that Pittsburgh let him go.

I was happy to have Arians as our OC with his long time NFL experience.

I was also OK with the hiring of Pagano as HC...he did have NFL experience, and many coordinators transition to HC.

But as the games wear on this year, it seems more and more that Pagano is just a DC and is out of his league as a HC.