Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Triplette Explanation (Prepare Yourselves) (merge)

Ja'Crispy

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even bothering reading it. It was ruled not a td. You are supposed to have indisputable evidence to overturn. There wasn't any cause Chapman clearly hit his foot!

Well I'll sum it up for you: they didn't even watch that part of the play. He was unaware of Chapman's presence.

Not even bothering reading it. It was ruled not a td. You are supposed to have indisputable evidence to overturn. There wasn't any cause Chapman clearly hit his foot!

Well, if you buy Triplettes explanation, there was evidence to overturn because the only thing he looked at was the goaline.

I think he probably now realizes how badly he botched it and is trying to justify why he missed it. He will just say he looked at the goal line only.

Well, if you buy Triplettes explanation, there was evidence to overturn because the only thing he looked at was the goaline.

I think he probably now realizes how badly he botched it and is trying to justify why he missed it. He will just say he looked at the goal line only.

Yeah, which proves the guy is an *. Let's not even bother to see why the Ayer was in the ground. After the play was ruled NO TD! That had me steaming mad! Lol

Crap I don't believe him he sucks at being a ref two mistakes in 7 days why is he still an nfl ref.

You might be right -- but it only makes him look slightly less inept.

You might be right -- but it only makes him look slightly less inept.

Agreed.

It was pretty obvious as to why the runner was falling down anyway.  So why you would not look to see if he was touched at that point is beyond me.  It was obvious nobody touched him at the goaline, that was never even in question.   2 weeks in a row these guys have made a major mistake.

thks.for the info now.if roger is quick to fine players he better fine and suspend this guy

Yeah just the other day I saw an article discussing the possibility of fining refs. At the time I thought we are getting close to that point and this situation makes it clear that they need to. 

I think you are right.  He is just trying to save a little bit of face.  Seriously, if they were only looking at the goaline why did it take as long as it did to overturn the play?

Yes , I posted that an hour or so ago in a referee thread. My question is if the official that saw him as down , thiught he saw contact at the goal line maybe the ruling is correct ? Other words the contact that was called (at the goal line) , never happened so he reversed it.  Now if his job is to make sure there was never at any point in that play contact that caused the runner to go down , then all you guys are right. Not sure that that is the case here as there was no visible evidence that Chapman tripped him up. 

Jeff Triplette blew another huge call

One week after his Redskins-Giants error, the ref was back at it.

Here is the full article:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/jeff-triplette-bengals-colts-touchdown/

Peter King         @SI_PeterKing Follow

The overturn by Triplette in Cincinnati: disgraceful. Indefensible

Michael David Smith @MichaelDavSmith Follow

The NFL has to fire Jeff Triplette. He's consistently the worst ref in the NFL.

Bart Hubbuch         @HubbuchNYP Follow

Jeff Triplette is so bullet-proof with the NFL that he’ll probably get the Super Bowl assignment out of this week’s screw-ups.

Yes , I posted that an hour or so ago in a referee thread. My question is if the official that saw him as down , thiught he saw contact at the goal line maybe the ruling is correct ? Other words the contact that was called (at the goal line) , never happened so he reversed it.  Now if his job is to make sure there was never at any point in that play contact that caused the runner to go down , then all you guys are right. Not sure that that is the case here as there was no visible evidence that Chapman tripped him up. 

There is no evidence that Chapman didn't touch him either. They should have gone back to the ruling on the field, which was down by contact.

When he fell down, it was pretty obvious that a Colt did not touch him at that point.  I mean i could tell that in live time from my couch.  I doubt that is when they they thought he got touched.  Even if that was the case, they should have reviewed the entire play.  Like i said, sounds like he is trying to weasel his way out of this one.   The problem for him though is that he still looks like an * either way.

Jeff Triplette blew another huge call

One week after his Redskins-Giants error, the ref was back at it.

Here is the full article:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/jeff-triplette-bengals-colts-touchdown/

Peter King @SI_PeterKing Follow

The overturn by Triplette in Cincinnati: disgraceful. Indefensible

Michael David Smith @MichaelDavSmith Follow

The NFL has to fire Jeff Triplette. He's consistently the worst ref in the NFL.

Bart Hubbuch @HubbuchNYP Follow

Jeff Triplette is so bullet-proof with the NFL that he’ll probably get the Super Bowl assignment out of this week’s screw-ups.

I'll still be shocked if anything happens to him. Even with prominent media people calling for him to be fired and saying it was one of the worst calls ever. The league will bury it and never speak of it again.

Yes. It was a bad call, but i wouldn't say it cost use the game.  It would have made the game close, but I would say it was more on us than the Refs.  All in all yes i agree its a very bad call.  The Refs should get fined and add the money to our salary cap.

Reasons why we lost:

1. Slow starts on offense (No surprise there)

2. Bad play calling on both offense and defense

3. Gave up 42 pts.

4. Should i say any more?