Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

rodgers confirms he will play on sunday

Stephen

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything is better than watching DHB dropping catches when even Garcon who had similar issues made an occasional insane catch. I look forward to seeing him on the field, and expect an insane catch... or two in this game. Friends, Colts, countrymen lend Andrew Luck your hands.

Anything is better than watching DHB dropping catches when even Garcon who had similar issues made an occasional insane catch. I look forward to seeing him on the field, and expect an insane catch... or two in this game. Friends, Colts, countrymen lend Andrew Luck your hands.

Claiming Garçon had similar issues to DHB is a huge insult to Garçon. Garçon did and still does have great hands, his problem was losing concentration which is why he would catch most of the tough catches yet drop some of the really easy ones. DHB on the other hand; has no hands, awful body control, and can't track the ball in the air -- really awful combination for a WR.

OP: I'm not sure a twit by Da'rick makes it official but I'm a little more hopeful.

P.S. Stephen, I'm confident one day you will spell Da'rick Ro(-d)ger's name correctly.

Claiming Garçon had similar issues to DHB is a huge insult to Garçon. Garçon did and still does have great hands, his problem was losing concentration which is why he would catch most of the tough catches yet drop some of the really easy ones. DHB on the other hand; has no hands, awful body control, and can't track the ball in the air -- really awful combination for a WR.

OP: I'm not sure a twit by Da'rick makes it official but I'm a little more hopeful.

Garcon made the occasional catch he had no business making, but dropped everything else. They are more alike then you are willing admit... only DHB is worse.

Garcon made the occasional catch he had no business making, but dropped everything else. They are more alike then you are willing admit... only DHB is worse.

He dropped too many, but it's not even close to DHB. Even Donnie Avery had glue for hands compared to DHB.

Garçon drop rate

2009 - 7.9

2010 - 16.25

2011 - 6.8

2012 - 10.2

2013 - 9.46

DHB

2013 - 23.33

Not even close.

And to add icing on the cake, DHB drops almost every ball that's contested and those don't count statistically as drops, where as Garçon is very good in traffic.

** Numbers from PFF

He dropped too many, but it's not even close to DHB. Even Donnie Avery had glue for hands compared to DHB.

Garçon drop rate

2009 - 7.9

2010 - 16.25

2011 - 6.8

2012 - 10.2

2013 - 9.46

DHB

2013 - 23.33

Not even close.

And to add icing on the cake, DHB drops almost every ball that's contested and those don't count statistically as drops, where as Garçon is very good in traffic.

** Numbers from PFF

Percentages don't show the real issue at hand. I'd venture to guess that the relatively low number of pass attempts would explain why DHB's is so high... and where are the rest of his numbers? Not to make excuses because the amount of drops for both are too darn high regardless.

He was released from Tennessee and went to Tennessee Tech, of course he dominated there.  He has measurables and talent for sure, but I hope he's improved both his attitude and skills in these areas-

" Stops his route at times if not the primary target. Body language on the field can be defeating. Lacks great explosiveness to run by corners, no extra gear. Will struggle to track the football at times. Not a very instinctual receiver, doesn't always run the routes he should, doesn't fight to get open when the play breaks down."

He was released from Tennessee and went to Tennessee Tech, of course he dominated there.  He has measurables and talent for sure, but I hope he's improved both his attitude and skills in these areas-

" Stops his route at times if not the primary target. Body language on the field can be defeating. Lacks great explosiveness to run by corners, no extra gear. Will struggle to track the football at times. Not a very instinctual receiver, doesn't always run the routes he should, doesn't fight to get open when the play breaks down."

Where did that scouting report come from? That makes the kid sound horrible if correct.

You can't hang him totally out to dry....put his strengths in there too: 

STRENGTHS

Physical specimen with power and strength. Works very well over the middle, and is extremely difficult to bring down after the catch. Gets off the line well for a player of his size. Shows flexibility in adjusting to the football, making difficult catches, and getting out of his routes. Uses his body to shield defenders from making a play on the football. Smooth, with good body control when going up for the football. Strong hands allow him to grab low and wide passes adeptly. Physical run blocker when engaged, will sustain through the play.

Yeah, I've seen that.

Reports since he's joined the Colts are that he's been really applying himself though. He wouldn't be the first player to join the Pagano-led Colts and develop a strong work ethic (see, e.g., Davis, Vontae, "How I Shut Down Demaryius Thomas", 3 Rec.fr.Yds 51 (Clt. Def. 2013).)

Where did that scouting report come from? That makes the kid sound horrible if correct.

From NFL dot com - 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/darick-rogers?id=2540179

That's just one take, and I mentioned he has talent and measurables. But this could also explain why kid wasn't rushed to the lineup either. I'm just hoping he's better in these areas, that's all.  I don't expect him to be reggie wayne, but hoping for better than DHB production.