Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

rodgers confirms he will play on sunday

Stephen

If he is there mentally he will do fine.  Dooley was a horrible head coach but was a great WR coach at Tennessee, and Rogers is in an organization that is great for players and Vets that control the team the right way.  His ceiling is high but his floor is low because of his attitude.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people on this board will be shocked when rogers comes out and gives the colts offense a spark.  He will get it done no doubt.

Shocked?  Maybe, but it is exactly what I'm hoping for.  Because it will open it all back up for everyone..  I'm just not getting my expectations to high where I grill the kid if doesn't succeed.

how can you even compare Rogers to Roy Hall?

Roy Hall made the HOF without even playing I would like to see Rogers do that.

Roy Hall was the greatest colts player to never play and I was one of his biggest supporters.

I really was no kidding. the Roy Hall threads always used to make me smile. but he really did seem like he would have been great if not for the injuries

That bolded laundry list keeps growing-

Roy Hall

Anthony Gonzales

Mike Hart

Austin Collie

{Hoping no more, but have a couple that got a head start...}

Guest TeamLoloJones

how does a dude that has never played a snap has such a big fanbase lol

i mean i hpe he pans out.

Because if not for the character issues he would have been drafted in top 2 rounds, and if he never left Tennessee he could have been a top 20 pick.  Kind of like how the honey badger would have been a top 10 pick if he never got into trouble.

You can't hang him totally out to dry....put his strengths in there too: 

STRENGTHS

Physical specimen with power and strength. Works very well over the middle, and is extremely difficult to bring down after the catch. Gets off the line well for a player of his size. Shows flexibility in adjusting to the football, making difficult catches, and getting out of his routes. Uses his body to shield defenders from making a play on the football. Smooth, with good body control when going up for the football. Strong hands allow him to grab low and wide passes adeptly. Physical run blocker when engaged, will sustain through the play.

imo he is a randy moss type of player. get ready for the show.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Two years ago(not exactly) Da'Rick was playing vs LSU and Tyrann Mathieu(he was assigned to cover Da'Rick and he wasn't that effective), and now their could play again 1 vs 1. I cant wait till Sunday.

I actually remember that game.  I remember Rogers catching a shallow post and Mathieu jumped on him and Rogers took him for like ten yards.  After he finally got tackled Rogers stepped over Mathieu like "Enjoy the ride?"

Next year I'm expecting Richardson to have a big year.

With an improved line, full training camp, and time to build chemistry, I can see that happening.  It seems Pags & Grigs idea is to build the line.  To be honest, that would have happened THIS year.  We signed Thomas and Cherilus.  Imagine if we were able to snag Vasquez.  Our line would have been Castanzy - Vasquez - Satele/Holmes - Thomas - Cherilus.  MUCH improved from last year.  But I have a feeling we will attack FA harder for lineman since we traded away our 1st.

I predict that once again Rogers will be a ...

healthy scratch.

Nah, Havili is out so one of the TEs is actually a FB. Whalen was also waved, and Richardson is questionable to go atm. Rogers will go as that rounds out the WR corp at the usual 5, and he will get what had been Whalen's place in the WR rotation most likely.

With an improved line, full training camp, and time to build chemistry, I can see that happening.  It seems Pags & Grigs idea is to build the line.  To be honest, that would have happened THIS year.  We signed Thomas and Cherilus.  Imagine if we were able to snag Vasquez.  Our line would have been Castanzy - Vasquez - Satele/Holmes - Thomas - Cherilus.  MUCH improved from last year.  But I have a feeling we will attack FA harder for lineman since we traded away our 1st.

I agree. Unfortunately injuries are a huge factor..

But if we could get another player or two and and stay healthy we should be okay. Plus Dwayne Allen helps the blocking game as well.

I haven't put him in the HOF yet like some of the posters here. Let's see if he can play mature disciplined ball, and be a man off the field at the same time for several weeks before I join the I heart Rogers fan club.

I am the same way, in no way is a HOF player but I would like to see what he can do. He has all the measurables just like DHB but perhaps Rogers can catch the ball and give us positive yards unlike DHB. Maybe DHB got those glasses and we are giving him another chance. There is just nothing DHB has shown to make me feel he can turn the corner here.