Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

rodgers confirms he will play on sunday

Stephen

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do so many fans want to see so many of our players fail its disgusting

Because we are tired of other people on the board claiming that players on the practice squad are somehow saviors for underperforming positional groups. We heard the same thing about Whalen, AQ Shipley, Caeser Rayford, and a few others as well. At this point we just are waiting for these practice squad heros to perform like practice squad players so we dont have to hear about it anymore.

Because we are tired of other people on the board claiming that players on the practice squad are somehow saviors for underperforming positional groups. We heard the same thing about Whalen, AQ Shipley, Caeser Rayford, and a few others as well. At this point we just are waiting for these practice squad heros to perform like practice squad players so we dont have to hear about it anymore.

I'd rather hear ppl say he's gonna have 200 yards and 6 TDs then someone say 2 yards and a fumble and 4 drops at least the person exaggerating is being freakin positive gosh we are colts fans that means we want everyone to succeed its like T Rich everyone seems to want him to fail just so they can say I told you it was dumb to trade a 1st for a RB

I wouldn't get expectations up for Da-Rick.  In a good scenario, he can become a reliable possession receiver by playoff time.  Really, I think we're just experimenting right now to craft an offense that works in the absence of Reggie.  Whalen was a little disappointing -no Welker-in-the-making there.  Now, Rogers and Cunningham get their chances to show they can be a part of the new offense.  I like the idea of keeping the TEs involved.  Expect a growing number of two TE sets...maybe instead of some of those "unbalanced lines" with Reitz in there...

If he shows a poor shoeing please allow him a chance people.

He needs game time experience and time with the offense..

Luck needs time with him, chemistry is key.

As long as he comes out and plays hard I'll be happy..

The talent is there.

You watch, were gonna have multiple people saying he's horrible and has no talent or whatever the case if he doesn't come out and have a big game or if he has a drop or two. Some don't understand the concept of it takes TIME!!! Granted some guys can come in and light it up right away but that's not alot of guys.

He should be given a season or two to prove himself before we call him a bust/bad... Just like another player on our roster named Trent Richardson.

Also in the same train of thought why do we hate on DHB when he's only been with us 10 reg season games?

Because there is a crap ton of negativity on this board

Guest TeamLoloJones

Don't surprise me there is only me and a few ppl here and there that don't hate T Rich

I'm on the TRich love bandwagon...and I ain't jumping off!  You can't make me!

I'm on the TRich love bandwagon...and I ain't jumping off! You can't make me!

I'm rolling till the wheels fall off!!

Did some more reading. Sounds like he made a lot if plays and showed his skill for buffalo. Problem was he would take to many plays off and not show it every play. Hopefully him being cut and sitting on out ps has showed him you have to show up every day, every play.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Patience.

I wanna see Rogers use his speed and height to his advantage.

If he catches even one pass, there will about 7 cut DHB threads within 30 seconds.

Claiming Garçon had similar issues to DHB is a huge insult to Garçon. Garçon did and still does have great hands, his problem was losing concentration which is why he would catch most of the tough catches yet drop some of the really easy ones. DHB on the other hand; has no hands, awful body control, and can't track the ball in the air -- really awful combination for a WR.

OP: I'm not sure a twit by Da'rick makes it official but I'm a little more hopeful.

P.S. Stephen, I'm confident one day you will spell Da'rick Ro(-d)ger's name correctly.

That's one theory. Another is that he never had "great" hands. Solid, maybe. Marvin had great hands. Reggie has great hands. Garcon is was never in the same league.

No actually that one wasn't. I just want to know why we'd give certain players more leniency before nay-saying about them.

My 20 something that expects bitter sarcasm in everything showed hard lol.

As to why, years in the league. Rogers and Richardson are in year 1/2 in their careers, theres time for improvement if things dont meet expectations imediatly. DHB has been around for 5 years. Some people thought a change of scenery and getting out of Oakland would help him focus more, but at this point a spade is a spade. Dude cant catch.

The stats I posted are behind a paywall but I assure you are accurate (according to PFF). They are more subjective than the regular drop stat that says a player must be open by 50 yards, not moving, and the ball must hit the player square in the chest for it to be considered a drop.

Well i would rather see stats that are more objective than subjective.  When being subjective it is based on your own personal feelings and opinions and for a stats line that wants to be credible, subjectivity should be out the window. Thats why i always post real numbers with my own opinion/subjective numbers.  Subjectivity allows bias. 

That's one theory. Another is that he never had "great" hands. Solid, maybe. Marvin had great hands. Reggie has great hands. Garcon is was never in the same league.

Now you're talking semantics. Obviously, Garcon doesn't have Marv or Reg hands, they're a rare breed. For the record, I never made that comparison and never would.

My point is, he has much better hands than DHB, it's not even comparable. A player with poor hands doesn't typically make circus catches on a regular basis as Garcon does.