Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ed Reed play nickel?

NewEra

I'm not saying we should get him, but my understanding is that he's being released for his attitude as much as his play.

Apparently he's not happy with the coaching staff.  He may have a real beef.

If he clears waivers, someone is going to pick him up.  And even at his age, he's better than our 3rd S.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 12, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, November 12, 2013 - personal argument

God forbid someone ask a serious question. I asked once again if he was still good or and he got cut cause he didn't fit and or texans sucked. Or if he was just done. The question was answered without a smart alic remark. If he had his speed Ed Reed could play where ever he wanted to. Do is one if the best ball hawks of all time.

I just missed your comment.  I answered seriously in the post above.

I'm not saying we should get him, but my understanding is that he's being released for his attitude as much as his play.

Apparently he's not happy with the coaching staff. He may have a real beef.

If he clears waivers, someone is going to pick him up. And even at his age, he's better than our 3rd S.

Yeah I legit did not know about why or how his skills are. But that doesn't stop all the high and mighties coming in and beating their bird chests. I'm not that guy. I don't post let's sign incert has been player here _____. I want to flat out go Icognito at times.

We have an injured Howell, Gordy, Toler. Humorous to ask if Reed still has something left in the tank, lol.

Not directed at you btw. I agree he is better than our 3rd a and some of our cb's

There would be some degree of logic to this if our nickel corner played zone, like most teams. However our nickelback seems to almost exclusively play man coverage.

There never has been nor may there ever be again a player with such incredible anticipation as Ed Reed.

There would be some degree of logic to this if our nickel corner played zone, like most teams. However our nickelback seems to almost exclusively play man coverage.

There never has been nor may there ever be again a player with such incredible anticipation as Ed Reed.

Thanks for the input. Wasn't sure how our nickels played. Man or zone. If they played a zone I don't care what label you give Ed he is a flat out, or was a ball hawk. Only reason I asked. Now it seems he was NOT cut because of being old or slow. More of being a disgruntled employee on a craptastic team.

Dont think he wants to play anymore really, Like it was said above...Money talks, I also dont think he is 100 percent, If Im him I hang it up and most level headed people that dont hold some sort of ridiculous grudge for him going to the Texans will appreciate just how dang good he has been up to this point, would love for him to be our DB coach at some point in the future but I dont know if he has given coaching any thought

There's an obvious link to to Pags, I just don't see him coming in when our defensive back field doesn't really seem to be a problem. I think there is more of a problem with the pass rush than our corners. It's so easy to get beat when the qb has all day to throw. Ed Reed wouldn't be much of a difference maker at this point. Save the cap space for an emergency, or maybe someone who can grow into something lineman, wide receiver or something.

NflNetwork Facebook just posted this lol 945472_10151999667739171_2002563366_n.jp

doubt he goes back to baltimore. their main issue is they can not get the run game going. 

New Orleans does not need him as they are still one of the teams to beat in the NFC come play off time. 

New England needs to get younger not older. plus their defense is not that bad

Indy we have bethea and Landry and although Bethea has looked bad at times this year, he still can turn around his season in a blink of an eye

Teams that could use him,

Redskins whos secondary is bad and lack leadership back there. 

Cincinnati - would be funny to see him playing against Baltimore, but i think their defense could use a tiny bit of help

Miami - needs a new story to take the minds off of Incognito/Martin for a few days 

He doesn't play wr so no...we won't pick him up. Imagine DHB with Ed Reeds hands??? lol....I kid....If he was coming at the league min....of course...but he won't....he would be fine for depth at safety but thats it. I don't know what NE's safety situation looks like but I could imagine him ending up there. I know Balt let Huff go. Those would be my top 2 choices for him....if really cheap Den?? He could keep Champ company on the sidelines. lol

Pagano was his coach in Baltimore my guess is that if the Colts were interested in him they would have made a play for him this off-season.  The fact they didn't when they needed safety help and choose to sign Landry tells me his former coach probably doesn't think he can work here for whatever reason.

If the Colts or Patriots picked him up, it would be the dumbest move I've ever seen. He was pretty much done in Baltimore last year, I saw most of the games. Both he and Ray gave it one last shot , and were successful. Ed should have hung up his spikes then. Throw out the hip problems, the guy has a bum shoulder that keeps him from making aggressive tackles. Ever see the two plays where he got hurdled? He is not healthy, and long past his prime. He should have ended his career with that interception in the Super Bowl, but he's gone the Willy Mays to the Mets route. Hopefully it stops here, and he can return to Baltimore as a retired hero.