Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

O-Line problems [Merge]

AlanNC

Satele is the problem. He's getting manhandled per usual. This is getting ridiculous. McGlynn can't play anything but center, so move him over and put in Link or Reitz and be done with it. I realize Grigs paid Satele, but cmon, the expirement hasn't worked since it began. Please make a change before Luck gets destroyed!

Satele is the problem. He's getting manhandled per usual. This is getting ridiculous. McGlynn can't play anything but center, so move him over and put in Link or Reitz and be done with it. I realize Grigs paid Satele, but cmon, the expirement hasn't worked since it began. Please make a change before Luck gets destroyed!

This has only been called for since the middle of last season. He's gonna play out his contract and he's gonna start as long as he's healthy. At this point, how can anyone believe the only reason he and McGlynn continue to start is anything but pride and/or favoritism?

Satale , the two guys on his right , the two guys on his left , special teams , defense. That cover it ?

bad play calling on offense doesn't help much either. i mean come on, calling for a 50 yard bomb on first down?? and no play should be called in DHB favor EVER!!!! the guy is so dang horrible. how do you try to catch a ball with your chest pad?? should have kept throwing to whalen he was fighting for first downs each pass he got. Whalen and screen passes. but momentum shifted after that PI call was turned. still dont get how you call that a PI move the ball and then turn around and say no foul.  :facepalm:

The line has gotten much better once Linkenbach came in at guard.

What does that say???????????

Probably that an opposing team goes into a game expecting to have to deal with a certain player (Mcglynn in this case) but once that player goes down that team had to adjust on the fly to the knew player coming in which is obviously not easy to do...Other then that not alot, Link is marginally better then Mcglynn but so is my little brother who has not played either Guard position in almost 6 years since Junior High

I said it from the start we have the worst interior o-line in the league. Satele probably couldn't make the Jags roster and Mcglynn is at best a back up C. We should have signed Louis Vasquez which most people wanted but instead we sign RJF who's been terrible this season. The blame falls on Grigson.

I knew the Colts would lose, since i watched the Rams 2 weeks ago, they have the counter vs Colts this is why.

Super passrush, strong running game. The Colts struggled so much with these.

Cutting heads isn't the solution, IMO the solucion is forget about begin a power running team(Colts OL can't allow that), i really hope Pep and Chuck notice that( cause they knew the poor OL but they still try to be a power running team).

Actually i dont like agressive Grigson because a year ago the Colts was a rebulding franchise and Colts is still a rebuilding franchise, and Colts need Draft picks to rebuild(so in general i didn't like T.R. adquicition but it wasn't that awful because Colts lose A.Bradshaw after that)

This is my first post but and i'm not a native english speaker, so yeah i could have a lot of mistakes, i'd like to ask for this thing than i've seen before, when you comment something about the colts organization you use "we" and i have troubles with that cause i  don't really know how to write something about the Colts properly.(I mean, when i try to refer to the colts, Colts are or Colts is).

I don't understand how Grig's can make such excellent decisions on personnel yet not replace Satele and McGlynn this offseason.  I've really tried not to lose confidence in the leadership of this organization but this is absurd.

Maybe your mistake is "Grig's can make such excellent decisions on personnel". Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. At the end of the season, we'll see.

The line has gotten much better once Linkenbach came in at guard.

What does that say???????????

Lol, if going off recent history, it says Linkenbach is on his way out the door this off season. Can't be showing up the starters like that! (ala AQ Shipley)

If Link is the answer, we're in more trouble than I thought.

The O-line needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. It has a good game now and then and people say it's fixed, but the reality is it hasn't performed consistently well in six seasons.

There's no point drafting a good QB if you're going to watch him run for his life 90% of the time and praying he survives the next hit. If that QB goes down, so do we. We're fortunate Andrew is as durable as his predecessor.

If Link is the answer, we're in more trouble than I thought.

The O-line has needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. It has a good game now and then and people say it's fixed, but the reality is it hasn't performed consistently well in six seasons.

There's no point drafting a good QB if you're going to watch him run for his life 90% of the time and praying he survives the next hit. If that QB goes down, so do we. We're fortunate Andrew is as durable as his predecessor.

Up till today Castonzo and Cherilus actually have had a good overall year, Thornton is learning, Satele and Mcglynn will eventually be replaced...Likely in the offseason

today against the rams I saw casto get beat result luck fumbled , rams td.then satelle got beat , result trent was hit behind the line.thorton got beat luck sacked. link got beat luck sacked. macglen and cherilus I did not see get beat.

lol at not seeing mcglynn get beat

today against the rams I saw casto get beat result luck fumbled , rams td.then satelle got beat , result trent was hit behind the line.thorton got beat luck sacked. link got beat luck sacked. macglen and cherilus I did not see get beat.

Don't forget Thornton's whiff that got D. Brown tackled in the backfield

lol at not seeing mcglynn get beat

Yeah, McGlynn was pathetic at times today. His best block of the day was actually on himself. He fell down coming out to block on a screen pass and the guy he should have blocked made the tackle. He is absolutely horrendous at blocking down/away from initial contact at the line of scrimmage.