Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF analyzes Vontae Davis' performance vs. Broncos [Merge]

Dustin

Guest TeamLoloJones

anyone remember when davis said him and sean smith were better then revis and cromartie when he was a dolphin and everyone laughed well whos got the last laugh now.

Well not the Dolphins, cause they let both of them go.  Smith went to the Chiefs. And now the three best secondaries in the nfl are the Hawks, Chiefs, and Colts.

Yeah, I thought Butler was great last night! 

The first corner to shut down Welker in a long time. This season at least.

I liked Butler too, but they actually graded Butler as a -3.1, worst on the defense.  He got gashed a little in the fourth quarter, and he got beat for the DT TD pass.  Might be a case of the PFF grade not telling the whole story though.  He helped stall the Denver offense for most of the game.

I liked Butler too, but they actually graded Butler as a -3.1, worst on the defense.  He got gashed a little in the fourth quarter, and he got beat for the DT TD pass.  Might be a case of the PFF grade not telling the whole story though.  He helped stall the Denver offense for most of the game.

There was a spell in which Welker had the better of him but, like you said, he had him under wraps for most of the game.

I didn't actually get to see the Thomas TD. Gamepass cut out the first 5 minutes of the second quarter for some reason. It went from Manning letting the clock run down to Vaughan receiving a kick off and I had no idea what the hell was going on!

I thought they'd introduced a new rule whereby each quarter begins with a kick off and I didn't get the memo.

This was on Pro Football Focus. There were a few of the that were hoping to re-up V.D. in this off season as it really can be a win - win for both sides . 

The Best

1. Vontae Davis, CB, Colts: +7.9
This wasn't just the highest-graded performance of the week, this is the highest grade we've ever given a cornerback. On point from the first snap, Davis was determined not to let anything get by him and it showed through in his stats. Eight times the ball was thrown into his coverage and each time it was a win for him. He finished with two pass break-ups, three tackles for short gains and on the remainder of the passes he was in close enough coverage to prevent a completion. It doesn't get much better than that.