Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Admist all the chaos, one person remains forgotton..

Restored

And that person is Andrew Luck. Throughout this entire fiasco (that's been blown out of proportion to put things mildly) Luck has remained composed and been the forgotton man in this entire process. No one is giving the Colts a chance because Denver and 18 will be * about Irsay's comments. And Luck may not feel this way, but to me I feel he isn't getting the credit or respect he's due for this game.

He's been an afterthought this week. Non-existent if you will. And on Sunday, he may just show everyone that he's here and can play too. Who knows, he might just steal the show.

There is not a better stage that he could have to shine. Going against the city's former hero in the stadium he built. It's his now and he has to prove that.

This is a huge game for him for so many different reasons, and it's just so different than facing any other elite team. 

Think about this for a second.

Since last offseason and before since we were looking at being the first pick....Luck has heard the "noise". He may say he hasn't but oh yes he has. And TBH some of it IS fair, Manning is a legend to football and even Luck admires him. The fathers of both QBs are friends as well.

Luck is a good guy, a smart guy. He just wanted to be in the NFL as well and be a QB from day 1. He never said throughout college, "Gosh I really want to take over for Peyton Manning." But, he got thrown into this and he's an easy going guy who seems to adapt well.

So the last few weeks he has heard about the massive homecoming. Now he hears the drama......I am sure he has done his best to shut it all out and prepare for the Broncos defense. He will say all the right things as well. But, you don't think Irsay must know deep down how much this potentially could be firing up his 24 year old new franchise QB?

Luck has been terrific since being here. Granted he has had some rough games and we have lost some games we didn't want to lose. 11-5 last year though and so far this year a winning record with two wins over contending NFC teams. He has been OKAY. Comeback wins.....lots of guts.

And still it's all about Peyton Manning.

I am really curious to see how Luck does Sunday night. I don't want to get my hopes up since we could get outmatched in this contest. But, with all the focus on #18.....maybe #12 shows up as an underdog himself with a few things to say to everyone on the field.....and I won't be stunned if old reliable Reggie Wayne is at his side to help him prove it and make a point too...a bit like last year vs. Green Bay at home when those two made me so proud after the Pagano cancer news.

Will be fun to watch!

Is this a Media thread? Joking - but seriously I just want this week to be over. I hope I only speak for myself - but that SD game embarrassed me.

Imma Colts fan - so that was the 1st MNF game i watched & it was my squad so I watched all of the pregame hype. The way they basically went all in telling the world how good A Luck is got old quick. A Luck's 1st MNF game - an oppurtunity for the world to see the best of the best young QB.

Now I knew it was really the pre-hype machine starting early to promote this weeks game - but the way we looked against SD was an embarrassment. I came away questioning everything we were doing. This is our offense:

1st Down 2RB 2TE - -  2nd Down 2RB 1TE - - 3rd Down Empty 1TE 4WR? - - The reason the drops were so hugh was they came on every 3rd down.

Defense. Why does V Davis ALWAYS stay on the same side? SD kept going after G Toler - not hard when u always know where they are at. FYI - 6'2 230 lb D Thomas will be lining up on Tolers side this week. G Toler might foul out. lol.

Just IMO. The loss just left a bad taste - especially since our DC now - was fired from SD. Its like SD knew the weaknesses in our DEF because they used to practice against it everyday.

With that said - tune in Sunday night for A Luck's 1st career defining win. We will beat DEN in the 4th quarter & the headlines will read: Student teaches Master.

Go Get It Blue

And that person is Andrew Luck. Throughout this entire fiasco (that's been blown out of proportion to put things mildly) Luck has remained composed and been the forgotton man in this entire process. No one is giving the Colts a chance because Denver and 18 will be ticked about Irsay's comments. And Luck may not feel this way, but to me I feel he isn't getting the credit or respect he's due for this game.

He's been an afterthought this week. Non-existent if you will. And on Sunday, he may just show everyone that he's here and can play too. Who knows, he might just steal the show.

Yea I'm going to have to call this bluff....If you think he has been an afterthought maybe check out something other than ESPN or Fox Sports. Pretty sure most football fans realize the Lucks Vs Manning part of the matchup is a a big one and as we get closer to the game that is only going to grow in coverage. Sure it most likely won't be as drama filled as the Irsay comments, but at the start of the game it's Luck and the Colts vs Manning and the Broncos. If you honestly don't think he's getting the credit or respect he's due then you might want to look around more. Doesn't take much to find people giving Luck a lot of praise. People know he can play and how good he is right now. These are things we know, they aren't going to be as big of a attention grabber as Irsay's comments which came out of left field. Most didn't imagine him saying something like that (publicly at least) and for your average viewer it was news to them. To be honest he shouldn't be in the head lines for this. This is bigger than him and this is arguably bigger than Manning, Irsay, Dungy, etc.

And that person is Andrew Luck. Throughout this entire fiasco (that's been blown out of proportion to put things mildly) Luck has remained composed and been the forgotton man in this entire process. No one is giving the Colts a chance because Denver and 18 will be ticked about Irsay's comments. And Luck may not feel this way, but to me I feel he isn't getting the credit or respect he's due for this game.

He's been an afterthought this week. Non-existent if you will. And on Sunday, he may just show everyone that he's here and can play too. Who knows, he might just steal the show

It's hard for a qb to steal the show when your formations are 3 TE's and 2 RB's and all the coaches want you to do is handoff.

Yea I'm going to have to call this bluff....If you think he has been an afterthought maybe check out something other than ESPN or Fox Sports. Pretty sure most football fans realize the Lucks Vs Manning part of the matchup is a a big one and as we get closer to the game that is only going to grow in coverage. Sure it most likely won't be as drama filled as the Irsay comments, but at the start of the game it's Luck and the Colts vs Manning and the Broncos. If you honestly don't think he's getting the credit or respect he's due then you might want to look around more. Doesn't take much to find people giving Luck a lot of praise. People know he can play and how good he is right now. These are things we know, they aren't going to be as big of a attention grabber as Irsay's comments which came out of left field. Most didn't imagine him saying something like that (publicly at least) and for your average viewer it was news to them. To be honest he shouldn't be in the head lines for this. This is bigger than him and this is arguably bigger than Manning, Irsay, Dungy, etc.

But that's kind of my point. He isn't in the headlines this week. It's all about what Irsay said and what Fox said and how Peyton is gonna throw for a billion TDs. No one is even entertaining the idea that Luck could put up sizable numbers and have a Colts win. Maybe in the local media but certainly not nationally. Please don't link a bleacher report article either.

if u havent seen this , many views no coimments save for my own adding a second article on same

Luck isnt forgotten , the 2 families are friends , Luck of course wouldnt speak on this , just like peyton isnt

2 articles in topic below, one in my OP & 2nd in my comment to OP as no time to edit it in ---  even says in 2nd article  it was Peyton that helped Luck decide to come out early and if not we may b not have been able to draft him & would of had RG3 as other choice

TOPIC Now for a change a nice article on the family relationship between the Luck's & the Manning's, & lets forget about those he said she said topics

http://forums.colts.com/topic/21843-now-for-a-change-a-nice-article-on-the-family-relationship-between-the-lucks-the-mannings-lets-forget-about-those-he-said-she-said-topics/

Luck doesn't need to win this game, but it certainly would be a major boost in confidence I am sure. He has already beaten his old coach which was an early milestone, but this would be an even greater achievement. However, on the other side, Manning wants this one just as bad. Regardless of what Irsay was trying to say in his comments, I think Manning's reticence afterwards shows that he was irritated by them and will come out with a point to prove this Sunday. Whether him being fired up helps or hurts his performance has yet to be seen.

I will be pulling for Luck and the Colts this coming Sunday. Respect and love Manning but he is not a part of our team now. Here's hoping to a monster game from Luck and a Colts "W."

I think Luck likes it that way. :)   I hope that OC lets him throw early and often.

But that's kind of my point. He isn't in the headlines this week. It's all about what Irsay said and what Fox said and how Peyton is gonna throw for a billion TDs. No one is even entertaining the idea that Luck could put up sizable numbers and have a Colts win. Maybe in the local media but certainly not nationally. Please don't link a bleacher report article either.

He isn't supposed to be the headlines during the week right now. He's not the story that is grabbing attention right now. It will change as we get closer to kick off. You're going to see Luck vs Manning played out more, you're going to people guessing what Manning's reaction will be once he steps on the field etc etc. When the game was first seen on the schedule pretty sure everyone was first thinking about Manning coming back, not what numbers Luck is going to put up. Never was really supposed to be about him during the week. It's going to be about him when he's on the field, not before hand. As for the bleacher report comment you might want to look at maybe CBS sports, SI, Sbnation....Bleacher report haha yea right. 

He isn't supposed to be the headlines during the week right now. He's not the story that is grabbing attention right now. It will change as we get closer to kick off. You're going to see Luck vs Manning played out more, you're going to people guessing what Manning's reaction will be once he steps on the field etc etc. When the game was first seen on the schedule pretty sure everyone was first thinking about Manning coming back, not what numbers Luck is going to put up. Never was really supposed to be about him during the week. It's going to be about him when he's on the field, not before hand. As for the bleacher report comment you might want to look at maybe CBS sports, SI, Sbnation....Bleacher report haha yea right.

Luck vs. Manning was kind of more what I was getting at to begin with more than anything. It wasn't going to be all Luck nor would I want it to be since Peyton is coming home. But this week quickly turned from that into Peyton's vendetta against Irsay with providing the spring board.

I said Bleacher Report because a 14 year old could make an article about ice cream and it'd be posted to the site lol. The national media has made this week into what it is. Local media understands what this week is and what it means for the most part.

Agreed.  I don't know if it was me, but last night in his interview on the field after the game and post game interview, he really seemed mroe upset than anything.  It was like after the throw to Wayne, he just wasn't in the mood to celebrate the win.  Hopefully Reggie comes back sooner than later.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Agreed.  I don't know if it was me, but last night in his interview on the field after the game and post game interview, he really seemed mroe upset than anything.  It was like after the throw to Wayne, he just wasn't in the mood to celebrate the win.  Hopefully Reggie comes back sooner than later.

Or maybe it was because after the TEAM win he had to shoot down another stupid Peyton/Andrew comparison question from another "journalist" recycling the same dribble. 

Or maybe it was because after the TEAM win he had to shoot down another stupid Peyton/Andrew comparison question from another "journalist" recycling the same dribble. 

Well there's that too.  I'm sure both he and Peyton were dreading the post game stuff when you put it like that.  I know I would have.