Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Speaks...

HarassedOffTheSite

you forgot to mention that said resident pat fan will somehow turn this into a Manning vs Brady thread

I'm pretty sure he's just messing with us.  I could be off my hinges, but I think he's doing it for his own personal enjoyment and probably understands exactly what's going on with Manning/Irsay.  If he doesn't, then he's not as smart as he usually is today.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was ever a case of the media playing the "let's parse this comment 10 million ways and start something" card, this was it.  No one without an agenda could possibly have interpreted Irsay's comments as offensive.  Peyton is one of the smartest, most media savy athletes out there.  He should be able to see right through it.  '

Unless he's like MJ or Kobe who try to find insult in anything to get them fired up.

Has anyone heard from the Pope, the White House or William and Kate on all of this?

We really need to gather all opinions on this subject around the world to make a complete analysis on the truth.

No so far John Fox , Skip and the Skip disciples.

Cute. Does that mean Von Miller can reciprocate the love right back to Andrew Luck too? Only teasing Gandalf. I do appreciate these little kumbaya moments. ;)

Von Miller will probably be too high... and have to pay someone else to do it like he did with his drug test.

I do have to agree with Brian Casserly on this one. Skip Bayless is off his rocker on this one. I don't view Jim Irsay's comments as inflammatory toward Peyton Manning or 2nd guessing his clutchness as a QB.

Jim felt it was time to make a change & he made it. I just have a hard time believing that Manning disclosed who his successor should be &, to ruksak's point in another thread, it was not a smooth move to break Peyton's confidence like that, if that is in fact what happened. No, I don't have confirmation of this theory, but then again, only Peyton & Jim know exactly what was said on that plane. 

Von Miller will probably be too high... and have to pay someone else to do it like he did with his drug test.

True Gandalf, but all you have to do is tell Von he's chasing chickens around his front yard & Andrew Luck is Foghorn Leghorn & Von will be pumped & ready to go. LOL!

Foghorn-Leghorn-the-looney-tunes-show-23

--- “I’ve worked hard in this new chapter of my football career. ... It has been extremely difficult. ... I’ve learned that in life you need to be at peace with other people’s decisions that affect you that you have no control over. ... When you’re out of a job, you have to find a new job.”

http://www.indystar.com/article/20131016/SPORTS03/310160047/1058/SPORTS03?nclick_check=1

That is all I could find. The actual video is not up on Broncos.com yet but this is the quote I was talking about. I always thought it was BOTH and now it sounds like it was not.

I just hope Peyton comes away from L.O.S feeling like the Colts fans appreciate his contributions to their football team and are grateful for his service.

I doubt a single fan thought Irsay was taking a shot at Manning, nor would they want him to, and this whole debacle has been generated by the media. I want to believe that he can see this.

We all love Peyton and I just hope he knows it.

I'm pretty sure he appreciates all the millions the fans put in his pockets. Lol but really I think he will

You either dont realize why Irsay called Peyton a politician or are ignoring it, Ill give ya the benefit of the doubt and tell ya why he said that and believe ya just dont know why.....Prior to Irsay makin that remark (in my opinion that was an accurate remark give what Peyton said) Peyton went public in an interview on tv saying everyone around the Colts organization was walking on egg shells, Now people can dismiss it by saying that it was true and that he was justified in the end because of everything that followed...But bottom line is he went public with in house business

So calling him a politician was a compliment?

I just hope Peyton comes away from L.O.S feeling like the Colts fans appreciate his contributions to their football team and are grateful for his service.

I doubt a single fan thought Irsay was taking a shot at Manning, nor would they want him to, and this whole debacle has been generated by the media. I want to believe that he can see this.

yeah the whole Irsay Comment is out of Context, without actually knowing what the question was he was answering

For all that think Irsay meant anything against Payton by his comments you are just as bad as espn, they have done nothing but talk this crap all day. If anything it was a shot at himself and the management for not giving him a better team around Payton

This is what we know, Payton made Indy Colts and everyone knows it. and he is one of if not the best of all time. He is a class act in every action, interview, community involvement, oh and hes pretty darn funny to boot. If you think Jim doesn't know this, your you are as ridiculous as all the reports over a tweet. 

Do you think for one second that anyone could predict Payton would be having the years he has had with the Broncos he wouldn't still be a colt you are a fool. Here's the kicker we had a chance to get the best collage QB since um, that one guy Payton Manning. Guess what we got him Andrew Luck, another player that is in the same mold as Payton a kid that is a good citizen, team first, not wanting the lime light and not to mention good. What would any of you do? Also from what I understand Mr Manning agreed, with Jim. 

So here we are Jim Irsay is dissing Payton, grow up people and see this for what it is another contrived story for ESPN to beat to death. I cannot wait for Sunday to cheer for Payton and to root for my Colts to win, I guess I'm so two faced

I beg to differ ... I  thought it was a big shot a Peyton when I heard it this morning for the first time.  After some time and listening to Irsay's comments this afternoon, I think the shot was small (more of a tweak) but it was still a shot.  It was poor timing and just adds to a media circus that was bound to happen.  I have already seen many comments about those of us that think it was a shot ... delusional, biased, etc.  It is possible to come away from reading the comments and believe it was a shot at Peyton.  I did ... and I am not delusional.  I am biased because I rooted for Peyton for a long time but this doesn't mean I cannot reasonably come to the conclusion that Jim Irsay threw a shot a Peyton Manning.

Has anyone heard from the Pope, the White House or William and Kate on all of this?

We really need to gather all opinions on this subject around the world to make a complete analysis on the truth.

A pope, a President, & English Royalty walk into a bar...SW1 was in the mood for a good joke today Jules. Where's the punchline Jules? Just Kidding! 

You do make a good point though. It seems as though everyone across the globe has an opinion on Manning/Irsay relations.  :thmup:

I beg to differ ... I  thought it was a big shot a Peyton when I heard it this morning for the first time.  After some time and listening to Irsay's comments this afternoon, I think the shot was small (more of a tweak) but it was still a shot.  It was poor timing and just adds to a media circus that was bound to happen.  I have already seen many comments about those of us that think it was a shot ... delusional, biased, etc.  It is possible to come away from reading the comments and believe it was a shot at Peyton.  I did ... and I am not delusional.  I am biased because I rooted for Peyton for a long time but this doesn't mean I cannot reasonably come to the conclusion that Jim Irsay threw a shot a Peyton Manning.

THIS^^^^^^^^^

WHOA THERE, BUDDY. I'm not sure if you know how this works, so let me break it down to you.

1) Irsay says something

2) The resident Pats fans teach us that what Irsay meant was "MANNING SUCKS!"

3) We wait for the inevitable fist fight between Irsay and Manning in the tunnel after the game.

Love your signature man. 

This entire thing is being blown out of proportion. Irsay understands what this team did during this past era and understood their limitations that every reasonable fan of this team saw as well. He knows that Peyton carried plenty of times in the regular season (2010 and 2008 comes to mind). How is it a shot at Manning? I'd love to entertain anyone who thinks it is.

Why in God's name would Irsay ever in a million year's , try or want to insult Manning ? You've been listening to Skip to much. Go out , get a breath of fresh air and use your noggin a bit. Peyton Manning played the last 5-6 years with the worst offensive line in football , no running game, horrible special teams and no defense . He totally carried a lousy roster on his back. He was no doubt  , 100% for sure saying that he didn't want a team made up the same as the Polian model. Please don't come back with something utterly ridicuous like Manning ate all the cap space. He was a few million more than the other top QB's and as Denver is proving , there is plenty of cap room .. even with a PM. Manning is not as utterly ignorant as Fox and the others trying to twist what he said.

Absolutely 100% correct. John Fox has never struck me as a guy who is real quick on the uptake. Maybe he's cagey enough to use his comments to fire up his own team and Qb who don't need any extra incentive IDK. In no way do I read what Irsay had to say as an insult to Manning. Quite the opposite, he is saying that they should have changed the "model" while peyton was here and put a more balanced team on the field so that he didn't have to carry the whole damn team.

Absolutely 100% correct. John Fox has never struck me as a guy who is real quick on the uptake. Maybe he's cagey enough to use his comments to fire up his own team and Qb who don't need any extra incentive IDK. In no way do I read what Irsay had to say as an insult to Manning. Quite the opposite, he is saying that they should have changed the "model" while peyton was here and put a more balanced team on the field so that he didn't have to carry the whole darn team.

Yeah .... for sure Fox thinks he's a real bright guy. It all just a pile of Skip Baylis type poop. Do you really think the Broncos are going to play better as a result of all this ignorant nonsense ?

You just said your biased.........Kinda dont give your opinion much credibility on this matter sense its based on your fandom for 1 player, Your bias does not even allow you to consider the thought that what Irsay said was directed at Polian, Hey dont get me wrong, I love Peyton to but acting as if he has been innocent from day 1 is just simply false. Not saying that you are doing that but even Peyton is human and humans make errors in judgement and have there own agendas from time to time

Not sure where I said it was a compliment, I simply said Peyton was no innocent like a few believe in that back and forth between Irsay and Peyton

I find it funny that irsay called Peyton out for not "keeping things in house" when he violates that very thing more than anyone

Agreed Fox should worry more about his Defense after last years debacle in playoffs. IRSAY was just being honest and of course the Sharks came out GO COLTS

I accidentally misread your 1st sentence Josh. "I just hope that Peyton Manning comes away with a L.O.S. feeling like the Colts fans appreciate his contributions to their football team & are grateful for his service."

I was about to complement your clever ingenuity & use of the stadium name there. Nevertheless, a nice sentiment anyway despite my inability to pay closer attention to detail. Ha! Ha! 

Not sure where I said it was a compliment, I simply said Peyton was no innocent like a few believe in that back and forth between Irsay and Peyton

yes, I am with you this. It was a back and forth and for sure Peyton had his agenda too.

I do not think Irsay was raking Peyton with his comments but he was definitely tweaking. I mean how could Peyton not read what he said and not feel slighted even if Irsay said he met Polian? At the end of the day, it was Manning's team and one that he had a ton of success with even if Irsay felt there should have been more rings. The fact that he brought up Brady, the Steelers and the Ravens was a big time slam. I don't care what anyone says. Those are the very teams that were beating the Colts/Manning in the playoffs ...

Can we trade Jim Irsay for Peyton Manning??? LOL  It would be my dream someday if someone convinced the NFL to take the Colts away from Irsay (Like the Dodgers got taken away from their owner) and Peyton sold his Papa John's franchises and bought the Colts.......its a dream....you can't take that from me!!!

yes, I am with you this. It was a back and forth and for sure Peyton had his agenda too. I do not think Irsay was raking Peyton with his comments but he was definitely tweaking. I mean how could Peyton not read what he said and not feel slighted even if Irsay said he met Polian? At the end of the day, it was Manning's team and one that he had a ton of success with even if Irsay felt there should have been more rings. The fact that he brough up Brady, the Steelers and the Ravens was a big time slam. I don't care what anyone says. Those are the very teams that were beating the Colts/Manning in the playoffs ...

He brought up those players and TEAMS because they were well-rounded on all sides of the ball. Football is the ultimate team sport. You can't have one or even 5 good players and win a championship. There has to be a balance that you as a Patriots fan saw a lot of in the early parts of Brady's career. Irsay saw that Manning carried a lot of those years and didn't want Luck have to do the same.

yes, I am with you this. It was a back and forth and for sure Peyton had his agenda too. I do not think Irsay was raking Peyton with his comments but he was definitely tweaking. I mean how could Peyton not read what he said and not feel slighted even if Irsay said he met Polian? At the end of the day, it was Manning's team and one that he had a ton of success with even if Irsay felt there should have been more rings. The fact that he brough up Brady, the Steelers and the Ravens was a big time slam. I don't care what anyone says. Those are the very teams that were beating the Colts/Manning in the playoffs ...

It was just stupid because not only was it rude to diminish Peyton's accomplisments with the COLTS the very week he was suppose to be honoring him....but it was extremely rude to Edge and Marvin who was just as important part of those Colts teams...and Edge didn't even win a SB.....that is just classless imo.

I find it funny that irsay called Peyton out for not "keeping things in house" when he violates that very thing more than anyone

He does it harmlessly Im sure(for the record I wish he would be a bit more quiet about because of type of situation your talking about with announcing BIG TRADE or BIG FISH and such but I think it dont affect deals as some might think, if a player thinks a team/city/environment/pay is good then he will take it regardless and so will other teams), many things he says about players that we might be bringing in or have tried to bring in but failed he  tweeted about it after the fact, Thats the difference. He wants to keep fans informed, Thats not what Peyton was doing when he started that back and forth, Like I said I like Peyton, without a doubt he built that stadium and helped the city a great deal but he was just as wrong in the ordeal as Irsay

yes, I am with you this. It was a back and forth and for sure Peyton had his agenda too.

I do not think Irsay was raking Peyton with his comments but he was definitely tweaking. I mean how could Peyton not read what he said and not feel slighted even if Irsay said he met Polian? At the end of the day, it was Manning's team and one that he had a ton of success with even if Irsay felt there should have been more rings. The fact that he brought up Brady, the Steelers and the Ravens was a big time slam. I don't care what anyone says. Those are the very teams that were beating the Colts/Manning in the playoffs ...

what did all those teams you just mentioned have at the time of there SB's?