Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Speaks...

HarassedOffTheSite

Was just on ESPN's NFL Insiders:

"It's hard to predict how I'll feel. All I can do is prepare to play a good football team. Too hard to predict how I'll feel coming into the stadium. But when you see a Robert Mathis.....there is a bond there. We're beat up on the offensive line so we have to prepare for their pass rush."

Manning is cool. So apparently the whole Irsay thing is much ado about nothing. However I doubt it'll slow down the disciples of Skip Brainless.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope Peyton comes away from L.O.S feeling like the Colts fans appreciate his contributions to their football team and are grateful for his service.

I doubt a single fan thought Irsay was taking a shot at Manning, nor would they want him to, and this whole debacle has been generated by the media. I want to believe that he can see this.

We all love Peyton and I just hope he knows it.

He kept saying that they are going into play a great team down some players and on the road.  translation...he is going to score a lot of points.   

I also like the fact that he said he was going to miss a couple days of training camp to be at Canton for Marv's Hall of fame.  

I just hope Peyton comes away from L.O.S feeling like the Colts fans appreciate his contributions to their football team and are grateful for his service.

I doubt a single fan thought Irsay was taking a shot at Manning, nor would they want him to, and this whole debacle has been generated by the media. I want to believe that he can see this.

I hope Robert Mathis gives him a big hug in the form of a sack to show how much he cares about him.

If he doesn't know, he soon will as the ever classy fans of Indy will give him a great, big warm welcome, probably even more so than they did when Edge was in town! It will be great to see, just wish I could be there. 

This this a MILLION times this

I think this whole deal is hell on Indy fan (I wanted this for last years playoff matchup, I'm a sucker for drama), because Peyton is playing lights out. If he was on earth with everyone else it would have been a more palatable affair. I don't think Cos fan really cares one way or the other about Peyton's past. I don't think there's many Colts left over anymore, accept the few obvious ones. I think Irsay is just tooling around with the limelight, and he wasn't wrong. None of this will matter with the ball is kicked. 

doubtful ....

Why in God's name would Irsay ever in a million year's , try or want to insult Manning ? You've been listening to Skip to much. Go out , get a breath of fresh air and use your noggin a bit. Peyton Manning played the last 5-6 years with the worst offensive line in football , no running game, horrible special teams and no defense . He totally carried a lousy roster on his back. He was no doubt  , 100% for sure saying that he didn't want a team made up the same as the Polian model. Please don't come back with something utterly ridicuous like Manning ate all the cap space. He was a few million more than the other top QB's and as Denver is proving , there is plenty of cap room .. even with a PM. Manning is not as utterly ignorant as Fox and the others trying to twist what he said.

Or maybe, he read Irsay's comments the way they were meant and not as insult toward him.

WHOA THERE, BUDDY. I'm not sure if you know how this works, so let me break it down to you.

1) Irsay says something

2) The resident Pats fans teach us that what Irsay meant was "MANNING SUCKS!"

3) We wait for the inevitable fist fight between Irsay and Manning in the tunnel after the game.

Was just on ESPN's NFL Insiders:

"It's hard to predict how I'll feel. All I can do is prepare to play a good football team. Too hard to predict how I'll feel coming into the stadium. But when you see a Robert Mathis.....there is a bond there. We're beat up on the offensive line so we have to prepare for their pass rush."

Manning is cool. So apparently the whole Irsay thing is much ado about nothing. However I doubt it'll slow down the disciples of Skip Brainless.

This isn't all he said.....I watched the entire press conference and he had some very interesting comments that I DO NOT believe anyone can misconstrue. Especially about leaving Indy and who's choice it was. He refused to answer any questions about Irsay's comments and did so in his own classy way. He is "cool" because he will NEVER be or say anything else. There was NEVER a thought in my mind that he would answer anything about Irsay's comments. It is not up on the Broncos website yet but it will be very soon.

Why in God's name would Irsay ever in a million year's , try or want to insult Manning ? You've been listening to Skip to much. Go out , get a breath of fresh air and use your noggin a bit. Peyton Manning played the last 5-6 years with the worst offensive line in football , no running game, horrible special teams and no defense . He totally carried a lousy roster on his back. He was no doubt  , 100% for sure saying that he didn't want a team made up the same as the Polian model. Please don't come back with something utterly ridicuous like Manning ate all the cap space. He was a few million more than the other top QB's and as Denver is proving , there is plenty of cap room .. even with a PM. Manning is not as utterly ignorant as Fox and the others trying to twist what he said.

Not to mention that if the Colts had tried to rebuild with Manning, he wouldn't have had the supporting talent around him by the time he retired.  I mean, look at Luck, the dude commands WAAAY less cap space and we're still probably another year away from being serious contenders.

Manning was cool with the Decision 2.0, and this "war of the words" via the media is no big deal.  Manning doesn't care.  Irsay doesn't care except to the extent he was misinterpreted as insulting Manning. 

You can see my points in the thread with Superman. :)

Didn't Irsay call Manning a "politician" before he released him? He is not above reproach in this regard.

Saying the Colts should have won more rings during Manning's time as QB is a direct shot at Manning. I don't care how you try to paint it. He was the QB. He was the leader of the team. Polian was building the team around HIM. We all know this. The timing by Irsay is intentional with the game coming Sunday.

This isn't all he said.....I watched the entire press conference and he had some very interesting comments that I DO NOT believe anyone can misconstrue. Especially about leaving Indy and who's choice it was. He refused to answer any questions about Irsay's comments and did so in his own classy way. He is "cool" because he will NEVER be or say anything else. There was NEVER a thought in my mind that he would answer anything about Irsay's comments. It is not up on the Broncos website yet but it will be very soon.

So what did he say?  Because you didn't tell me anything new from what the OP comment said.

Didn't Irsay call Manning a "politician" before he released him? He is not above reproach in this regard.

Saying the Colts should have won more rings during Manning's time as QB is a direct shot at Manning. I don't care how you try to paint it. He was the QB. He was the leader of the team. Polian was building the team around HIM. We all know this. The timing by Irsay is intentional with the game coming Sunday.

lol funny thing is, I wanted to respond to your first comment, and I knew exactly what you were up to, . lol

EDIT: Realized I didn't push the sarcasm button so here: :sarcasm:

Edited by Nadine
masked profanity

No use . OK Skip  and thanks for the ridiculous input. Any one with an ounce of common sense would know it's exactly as stated here...

As Dan Hanzus pointed out Tuesday, Irsay wasn't taking a shot at Manning. He was taking a shot at former general manager Bill Polian, and his concept of team building. (Polian predictably is annoyed.) Listen to Irsay's words to NFL Media's Albert Breer last week.

"We really just proved how now special teams and defense are winning games along with a great franchise quarterback," Irsay said about the victory over Seattle. "That's a different type of team, but that's the vision I had going into this era.

"Because it's about world championships. We got one in our era. The Steelers got two, Baltimore got two, New England got three. ... It really came down to inconsistent special teams and inconsistent defensive play, particularly against the run. The vision when I brought in (GM) Ryan Grigson andChuck Pagano was to have a really well rounded team that when it gets into the playoffs and it's 20 degrees and snowing, that we're not just depending on the passing game."

Irsay essentially said the same comments to Breer that he said to USA Today. Irsay just said them more artfully. He made similar comments to the Associated Press in the offseason. They weren't a big deal then, and they shouldn't be a big deal now.

Fox probably doesn't care if the quotes were misinterpreted. He saw an opening, and he went for it. There isn't much room for nuance with bulletin board material.

The "Around The League Podcast" is now available on iTunes! Click here to listen and subscribe.

So what did he say?  Because you didn't tell me anything new from what the OP comment said.

I didn't want to say anything that wasn't 100% correct so I am waiting until the press conference is up. It was along the lines of him leaving Indy was one person's decision. That is not a direct quote so please do not take it to the bank. I actually think he said it without thinking and realized it later. Up until now it was always supposively a "mutual" decision and now I am not so sure. Once I can re-watch I will post it.

How do you feel about the viral video of Edelman not shaking Brady's hand on the sidelines?  Was Edelman a jerk or was it all much ado about nothing?  What about Brady's tirades lately?  His body language?  Isn't that all indicative of a classless owner like Kraft?  or a classless, spoiled brat like Brady?  or a bad locker room?  I will assume you believe your team is perfect and that is a misunderstanding while our situation is paramount to killing kittens.

How do you feel about the viral video of Edelman not shaking Brady's hand on the sidelines?  Was Edelman a jerk or was it all much ado about nothing?  What about Brady's tirades lately?  His body language?  Isn't that all indicative of a classless owner like Kraft?  or a classless, spoiled brat like Brady?  or a bad locker room?  I will assume you believe your team is perfect and that is a misunderstanding while our situation is paramount to killing kittens.

I believe you meant "tantamount" instead of "paramount."  And I'm glad you're killing kittens and not dogs.  Cats suck.  But a dog?  Hell yeah! 

WHOA THERE, BUDDY. I'm not sure if you know how this works, so let me break it down to you.

1) Irsay says something

2) The resident Pats fans teach us that what Irsay meant was "MANNING SUCKS!"

3) We wait for the inevitable fist fight between Irsay and Manning in the tunnel after the game.

you forgot to mention that said resident pat fan will somehow turn this into a Manning vs Brady thread

You either dont realize why Irsay called Peyton a politician or are ignoring it, Ill give ya the benefit of the doubt and tell ya why he said that and believe ya just dont know why.....Prior to Irsay makin that remark (in my opinion that was an accurate remark give what Peyton said) Peyton went public in an interview on tv saying everyone around the Colts organization was walking on egg shells, Now people can dismiss it by saying that it was true and that he was justified in the end because of everything that followed...But bottom line is he went public with in house business