Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN completely writes off the Colts against the Broncos

The Colts Walker

Espn writer Jeffri Chadiha completely dissed the Colts when it came to even contending with the Broncos

"Of all the teams the Broncos will play in the next month, Kansas City is the only one with a real chance of pulling an upset. We all know the Jacksonville Jaguars will be slaughtered by Denver's high-powered attack Sunday. A trip to Indianapolis also should be another victory for the Broncos, primarily because there's no way quarterback Peyton Manning is losing a matchup with his former team."

Why does the media continue to ignore us even with convincing wins over the 49ers and Seahawks? Our only loss was to an undefeated Dolphins team, who was helped by a bogus illegal motion call. I feel like we have a much better chance than the Chiefs have of beating the Broncos.

Espn writer Jeffri Chadiha completely dissed the Colts when it came to even contending with the Broncos

"Of all the teams the Broncos will play in the next month, Kansas City is the only one with a real chance of pulling an upset. We all know the Jacksonville Jaguars will be slaughtered by Denver's high-powered attack Sunday. A trip to Indianapolis also should be another victory for the Broncos, primarily because there's no way quarterback Peyton Manning is losing a matchup with his former team."

Why does the media continue to ignore us even with convincing wins over the 49ers and Seahawks? Our only loss was to an undefeated Dolphins team, who was helped by a bogus illegal motion call. I feel like we have a much better chance than the Chiefs have of beating the Broncos.

the broncos will be favored in every game the entire season. The colts can win the game, but not many people will pick against Peyton in that game

Oh Dear God...

1) First off, ESPN did not diss the Colts - only this singular writer did.  And his point is reasonable

2) The way the Broncos are playing, is it a surprise that anyone would pick against them?  In the scheme of things, it means nothing.

3) Stop painting with broad strokes and playing the "media" card.  It is tired and frankly wrong.  There are many (most) who have talked very well about the Colts in the last few weeks.  No one of consequence is ignoring Indy.

Oh Dear God...

1) First off, ESPN did not diss the Colts - only this singular writer did.  And his point is reasonable

2) The way the Broncos are playing, is it a surprise that anyone would pick against them?  In the scheme of things, it means nothing.

3) Stop painting with broad strokes and playing the "media" card.  It is tired and frankly wrong.  There are many (most) who have talked very well about the Colts in the last few weeks.  No one of consequence is ignoring Indy.

Yep. I've heard opinion on ESPN go well into hyperbole regarding the Colts & Luck. Comments include "Super Bowl contender" and describing Luck as potentially being "the greatest of all time". 

But in regard to the author cited in the OP.......Kansas City has played the easiest schedule of any NFL team so far in 2013.

Espn writer Jeffri Chadiha completely dissed the Colts when it came to even contending with the Broncos

"Of all the teams the Broncos will play in the next month, Kansas City is the only one with a real chance of pulling an upset. We all know the Jacksonville Jaguars will be slaughtered by Denver's high-powered attack Sunday. A trip to Indianapolis also should be another victory for the Broncos, primarily because there's no way quarterback Peyton Manning is losing a matchup with his former team."

Out of all the ESPN writers, Jeffri Chadiha has to be the one who is the most out of touch with reality.  He writes for shock value and his writing style is such that he'd rather say something inflammatory to get a reaction than something more reasonable for the sake of accuracy.  He's a tool and not to be taken very seriously.

Oh Dear God...

The best post ever to rebuttal the original comment.

Formwer players say it is extra motivation to go back against the team that lost confidence in them and let them go free.  Peyton is already at top level, so I don't know how he can elevate any more than he has.  Our D will be tested. Our O can move on them, but will be called on for no mistakes, and maybe cause them 1 or two.  We can win, but we won't be favored to.

ummm....that's based on hard fact. Peyton Manning has never lost to his former team. 

True. Peyton is undefeated against the Vols and the Colts haha. But my sources say that the Colts have never lost to Peyton Manning and there's no way they will lose to their former star. I trust my sources.

The REAL question is, WHY DOES ANYONE ON THIS FORUM PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE MEDIA SAYS ABOUT US?!

:scratch:

How else would we know anything about the Colts?  I've learned so much from ESPN and the NFL channel.  For instance, did you know that Peyton left and we have a good young QB in Andrew Luck?  Not as important and RG3, but pretty good according to them.

And I've also learned... well, that's about it...

Formwer players say it is extra motivation to go back against the team that lost confidence in them and let them go free.  Peyton is already at top level, so I don't know how he can elevate any more than he has.  Our D will be tested. Our O can move on them, but will be called on for no mistakes, and maybe cause them 1 or two.  We can win, but we won't be favored to.

maybe he'll throw 10 tds versus us lol.

Oh Dear God...

in your #1, why are you saying the Colts got dissed by the writer?.  I don't get that out of that article.  Peyton will be laser-focused and it will be VERY hard for the Colts to win that game, I think we all know that for sure.  And you do say "And his point is reasonable", so does that mean you think he "dissed" the Colts or not?  Not splitting hairs but just curious.

They said we could not beat the 49ers or the Seahawks either. Let them keep doubting us. We will leave the light on for them. :)

I would die if it ended in a tie.

Nobody ever sees the Colts as a threat ever, even with Peyton. So I'm okay with being the underdog. Just play the dang game and who cares what people say.

Well then lets hope that it doesn't end in a tie.

----------

Do you honestly believe your second comment? Personally I think that "everybody" in Indy (meaning about .1% of vocal football fans) has a blind spot when it comes to this issue bordering on an inferiority complex. The Colts were one of the top 3 teams in the league for a very long time, and are quickly rising again. If you don't think that the fans of the other teams saw/see them as a threat, I don't know what to tell you.

in your #1, why are you saying the Colts got dissed by the writer?.  I don't get that out of that article.  Peyton will be laser-focused and it will be VERY hard for the Colts to win that game, I think we all know that for sure.  And you do say "And his point is reasonable", so does that mean you think he "dissed" the Colts or not?  Not splitting hairs but just curious.

Was quoting the OP who used that word to describe the article.  I don't believe he dissed Indy at all and that his point about Manning is completely understandable.

All sports media copies one another with their picks.  I bought several preseason magazines and almost every one was identical in their picks for certain divisions.  Obviously someone messed up since they had the Giants, Falcons and Texans leading the way in their divisions.

As the season goes along its more of the same.  The only way to get Broncos level of respect is to beat the Broncos.  Look at the Saints nobody gave them much respect going into the season they went out and took it.

That said I think the Colts beat the Broncos 27-20 and the defense plays out of their minds and the Colts get the respect of media types everywhere.

Almost all of the media types dismiss the Colts. Maybe if they beat the Denver, they will get some respect

Who are these media people you guys listen to? I try to listen to guys who opinion I respect, and they seem quite high on the Colts.

Oh Dear God...

A little "diss", a little "dat" (can't tell you how much I wish "diss" wasn't slipping into the mainstream. :P

Personally I think that the writer DISMISSED the Colts chances without serious analysis. He's assuming that Peyton will elevate his game just for this. How is that even possible? Does he think he's been slacking up to this point? One of the reasons that Peyton has always piled up huge stats is because of his consistency and preparation. He couldn't possibly prepare more or try harder for this game than for any other. His argument is completely irrelevant - unless someone wanted to conjecture that "coming home" might distract him and make him try to hard, leading to uncharacteristic mistakes. I don't see how this bizarre situation benefits the Broncos at all. I'd be willing to bet that Peyton mostly just wants to get it over with so he can concentrate on what really matters.

And yes, I hate the "painting with broad strokes".  ESPN has more talking heads than I can count, and they are all striving to differentiate themselves. By definition it's impossible for the network to speak with a uniform voice. If the majority lean towards the Broncos, others will inevitably talk up the Colts - even if they doesn't truly believe it - just to get attention. The ones we talk about are usually the most obnoxious or controversial, and therefore the ones who are ironically the least worth listening to in the first place. But that says nothing about ESPN's intentions - which I think it's safe to say are solely about making as much money as humanely possible.

If Landry is back, we have the best Secondary Peyton has probally faced so far. We have the Run game to keep him off the Field and we have Luck. We can defintely Win, but cant start slow like we have recently. We have probally the best Defense Period Peyton has faced.

Well then lets hope that it doesn't end in a tie.

----------

Do you honestly believe your second comment? Personally I think that "everybody" in Indy (meaning about .1% of vocal football fans) has a blind spot when it comes to this issue bordering on an inferiority complex. The Colts were one of the top 3 teams in the league for a very long time, and are quickly rising again. If you don't think that the fans of the other teams saw/see them as a threat, I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly, when the Colts played a good team, I often saw people write that the Peyton would choke and the Colts would lose. And that happened a lot actually. So yes, when the Colts played a good team, most favored that team over the Colts. Even now with Luck as well.

Hmmmm.....IMO, we're getting love all over the place.  Of course, it's not going to be universal, but I'll take it!!

Honestly though, I'd rather the media be more critical of this team.  The last thing I want is for them to start believing their press clippings, though I don't think Pagano will allow that.

Honestly, when the Colts played a good team, I often saw people write that the Peyton would choke and the Colts would lose. And that happened a lot actually. So yes, when the Colts played a good team, most favored that team over the Colts. Even now with Luck as well.

The problem now is that the team has rebounded so quickly that people don't know how seriously to take them. Frankly I find it hard to believe myself - I was expecting them to be a 9 win team this season, with losses to both SF and Seattle (and Denver). Just because some Colts fans predicted more than the "experts" doesn't mean that anyone is intentionally disrespecting the Colts. The more they win, the more the pro-Colts noise will increase. Right now the Bronocs are the flavor of the month. One loss and the tone will change entirely. It's just noise and it changes with the wind - I wouldn't give it much thought.

As far as when Peyton was here, I beg to differ. When playing a top team there are always many voices pushing both teams. You are simply choosing to remember the ones that bothered you, and have ignored the ones that agreed with you. Speaking of changing with the wind - for example - in the two weeks before the Saints SB ALLLLL you heard was glowing praise, and confident statements that Peyton was King of the world (and Brady a faded memory) on the verge of immediate enshrinement as THE greatest of all time. One interception later, the entire story had changed - with few bothering to point out that Peyton had played terrific. It's all nonsense.

Once again, they were #1, 2, 3 in a half-dozen power rankings - year after year after year. How exactly did they get there without people respecting them? Clearly those making the rankings did. Equally clearly Las Vegas favored them endlessly. As I just said in a similar post on this thread, I think a lot of what you remember are the obnoxious contrary comments of the people trying to get attention. UNLESS you are specifically thinking of those who simply prefer Brady, and whose comments always reflect that. I'm sure that those who simply prefer Peyton are equally annoying to Brady fans.

A little "diss", a little "dat" (can't tell you how much I wish "diss" wasn't slipping into the mainstream. :P

Personally I think that the writer DISMISSED the Colts chances without serious analysis. He's assuming that Peyton will elevate his game just for this. How is that even possible? Does he think he's been slacking up to this point? One of the reasons that Peyton has always piled up huge stats is because of his consistency and preparation. He couldn't possibly prepare more or try harder for this game than for any other. His argument is completely irrelevant - unless someone wanted to conjecture that "coming home" might distract him and make him try to hard, leading to uncharacteristic mistakes. I don't see how this bizarre situation benefits the Broncos at all. I'd be willing to bet that Peyton mostly just wants to get it over with so he can concentrate on what really matters.

And yes, I hate the "painting with broad strokes".  ESPN has more talking heads than I can count, and they are all striving to differentiate themselves. By definition it's impossible for the network to speak with a uniform voice. If the majority lean towards the Broncos, others will inevitably talk up the Colts - even if they doesn't truly believe it - just to get attention. The ones we talk about are usually the most obnoxious or controversial, and therefore the ones who are ironically the least worth listening to in the first place. But that says nothing about ESPN's intentions - which I think it's safe to say are solely about making as much money as humanely possible.

Agree about your sentiments regarding the "word" dis. 

Agree that Chahida did not do any great research to come up with his theory.  Ultimately the point that I think he is making is that Denver can come into the LOS and beat the Colts, which is entirely possible and maybe even likely, which in and of itself does not mean he is dismissive of the Colts.   

Espn writer Jeffri Chadiha completely dissed the Colts when it came to even contending with the Broncos

"Of all the teams the Broncos will play in the next month, Kansas City is the only one with a real chance of pulling an upset. We all know the Jacksonville Jaguars will be slaughtered by Denver's high-powered attack Sunday. A trip to Indianapolis also should be another victory for the Broncos, primarily because there's no way quarterback Peyton Manning is losing a matchup with his former team."

Ive said it many times already this is how its going to be and always will be. We could undefeated the rest of season and make it to the SuperBowl and they would probably still pick against us and give us minimal credit or attention. They will sit there and nit pick at everything wrong with us instead. Its the media!! They dont like us and they never will. You better off just getting used to it. It doesnt matter what they say anyway because we end up proving them wrong time and time again. They are the one loiking stupid.