Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign S Larry Asante

NagelHausForge

Larry Asante was a boss in preseason. Glad we signed him. For sure better than mr. Toasty Cassius Vaughn. I hope this signing is because Laron's injury is sadly serious. Has anyone herd anything lately on Laron's ankle. We NEED HIM THIS WEEK 

LaRon will most likely miss this game and be back for the next. That's what I've been seeing anyway.

Larry Asante was a boss in preseason. Glad we signed him. For sure better than mr. Toasty Cassius Vaughn. I hope this signing is because Laron's injury is sadly serious. Has anyone herd anything lately on Laron's ankle. We NEED HIM THIS WEEK 

He was in DNP status yesterday.

I think Asante was signed to replace Lefeged. And we desperately need Landry.

Don't have much an opinion on this guy as he hasn't played enough to know. One thing I can say is Landry is exactly what we all thought and feared. Really a hard hitting difference maker but plays a game or two then out three or four. Team needs consistency in the secondary.

Don't have much an opinion on this guy as he hasn't played enough to know. One thing I can say is Landry is exactly what we all thought and feared. Really a hard hitting difference maker but plays a game or two then out three or four. Team needs consistency in the secondary.

Laron Landry got rolled up on in the Dolphins game i believe it was. That's outta his control. Happens to linemen all the time; nothing you can do about that. No one has eyes in the back of their head

I'm a die-hard Colts & Nebraska fan (alum)... Asante was a highly regarded JUCO transfer and stepped up immediately and started/shined for his two years in Lincoln.  We haven't had a better safety than him at Nebraska since.  I'm very happy he'll get his chance - he played really well in the preseason.

Larry is a very, very good guy.  I would say that he's better at run support than pass coverage but no one will work harder and I'm excited to see him.  I imagine he'll be on Kickoff unit as well.

LaRon will most likely miss this game and be back for the next. That's what I've been seeing anyway.

Yea Pagano said that today in his press conference, also said RJF was doing well and ahead of schedule but still is out this week. So maybe next week for both of them

Asante was pretty bad when he played in regular season games last season, when Lefeged had played OK.

He has had some time to get the mental aspect. GL kid.

What are you talking about? Asante hasn't played a regular season game since week 17 of 2011 with the Bucs

I think we have been consistent in the secondary for quite a number of years, with Sanders, Bullitt, and Landry we have the most consisent core of abscenses in the league. Give us some credit, it's not an easy thing to do there :)

I think we have been consistent in the secondary for quite a number of years, with Sanders, Bullitt, and Landry we have the most consisent core of abscenses in the league. Give us some credit, it's not an easy thing to do there :)

And when it came to Bullitt, when he was healthy and playing, we (the fans) wished he was absent.

Laron Landry got rolled up on in the Dolphins game i believe it was. That's outta his control. Happens to linemen all the time; nothing you can do about that. No one has eyes in the back of their head

There are a lot of injuries that players can't avoid but the point was, Landry had a major injury plagued career before he signed and we now have seen him miss a lot of time already because of injuries. Some players can just avoid or play through it and some can't. Landry appears to be one who can't whether it be his fault or not, it's dissappointing.

There are a lot of injuries that players can't avoid but the point was, Landry had a major injury plagued career before he signed and we now have seen him miss a lot of time already because of injuries. Some players can just avoid or play through it and some can't. Landry appears to be one who can't whether it be his fault or not, it's dissappointing.

:sigh:

He was gonna play in the 49ers game but the medical staff held him out. He said he's ready but the medical staff are playing it safe so he'll be back next week for the chargers game. This is his 1st time missing any games since 2 years. He played all 16 for the Jets last year. But hey; injuries happen